/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help A2 physics

sis muslimah
01-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Assalamualaikum

can anyone explain lenz's law to me? the definition that i have to learn is confusing me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tango92
01-11-2012, 08:57 AM
suppose you pushed a magnet into a coil of wire. this induces a current in the wire due to a change in the magnetic field of the wire

but this current induces its own magnetic field - suppose this magnetic field acted to pull the magnet in even faster - then this scenario happens

clearly energy is being created for nothing here - so that violated conservation of energy. - therefore the induced current must oppose the change in magnetic field caused by the moving magnet.

basically the direction of the induced current is in a direction that induces a magnet field opposing the original change. - you can find the direction using the left hand or right hand rule, i cant rememberwhich :)

so the magnet goes through the coil normally :)

sis muslimah
01-11-2012, 11:37 PM
^^^ ahhh makes things much clearer jazakallahu khair brother

إحسان
02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't do physics, I'm quite horrible at it :p but I thought I'd give you a site I usually go on which is really popular among UK students.
The Student Room
^ There's so many sections, from A-Levels to Unis etc and of course degrees, subjects (in your case Physics), and there's even a Islamic Society ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sis muslimah
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
^^^ jazakallahu khair sis the spec that im doing theres no revision site for it :( inshallah this will b useful =)

tigerkhan
02-16-2012, 10:13 AM
:sl:
lol. it remind me of college days. i love sciences esp physics.

GodIsAll
03-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Physics gives me dain bramage.

sis muslimah
03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
lol. it remind me of college days. i love sciences esp physics.
:wa:
no way i mean physics is interesting some of the times, i only like particle physics and mechanics :) unfortunately not enough of these topics in my syllabus, my fav science has to be chem and human biology so much more interesting :)

SorayaCali
03-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Physics has too much mathematics for my taste :P

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I believe you meant 'Brain damage'..

sis muslimah
03-06-2012, 10:23 PM
^^^lol

Serendipity
03-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm going to be doing a level physics but I'm starting to regret it. Is really hard? And is the mathematics difficult? Because I just don't particulary like maths that much. I just needed two science a levels.

sis muslimah
03-12-2012, 10:24 PM
its not too hard actually, i actually like the maths stuff hehe find it easier it depends on what spec your doing im doing AQA Physics B (which has less maths) but not many people do that spec but i think id prefer doing physics A :) in my opinion physics is secound hardest a level science

GodIsAll
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I believe you meant 'Brain damage'..
I typed in what I meant to...:giggling:

GodIsAll
03-28-2012, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LilacSummers..x
I'm going to be doing a level physics but I'm starting to regret it. Is really hard? And is the mathematics difficult?
I had to suffer through a 5 hour physics course during undergraduate from my BS in Biochem.

Hated it. I didn't mind the mathematics, that's the easy, fun part. The thing that drove me nuts was getting the right data into the right equation. I am missing a nueron or two in that area of my brain.

sis muslimah
03-29-2012, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I had to suffer through a 5 hour physics course during undergraduate from my BS in Biochem.
you had to do physics in biochemistry :/ i thought it was just biology and chemistry :D i was panning to do it but changed my mind :)

GodIsAll
03-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes indeed...one course in physics was required...5 hour course ...and I loathed every moment of it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!