/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indian Comedy King Kader Khan turns to Islam & Dawah

islamica
01-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Comedy King turned Daa’i: Kader Khan in Bhatkal

April 14,2008

Kader Khan, popular actor, comedian and writer of Bollywood, was in town to visit the Moulana Abul Hasan Nadvi Academy. A special session was held at the Jamia Islamia Auditorium where he briefed the students.

Kader Khan has now left Bollywood and turned to the service of Islam and the betterment of Muslims in India. He narrated his life changing experiences in an enriching manner to those present.

Kader Khan said that life after he left movies is a canvas of peace. He observed: “I was surrounded by money and fame during my stint in Bollywood but peace always eluded me and now I am at peace.” Born in Kabul, Kader Khan was raised in an impoverished neighbourhood and his family moved to Mumbai when he was 6. He remembered: “When I was two years old my father divorced my mother and we stayed in a ghetto called Jaaduvali Chavani in Mumbai where I did my schooling. My mother encouraged me to do further studies and due to her I became a civil engineer.”

Kader Khan lamented the weakening of the Indian family system as a result of TV. He said: “In the recent past mothers used to inculcate good values in children and now she sits together with the kids watching value-eroding serials. See, how bad the situation is.”

KK Foundation, an institution set up by Kader Khan, has already published over 480 books and several CDs for learning Arabic. He said that it is necessary to read the Holy Quran knowing its meaning and thus it is important to learn Arabic.

He called upon Muslims to become daa’is in order to propagate the message of Islam.

Jamia principal Moulana Abdul Bari Nadvi welcomed the guests while Moulana Ilyas Nadvi introduced Kader Khan to the audience. Shafi Shabandri presided over the programme.

Kader Khan last acted in the movie Family: Ties of Blood (2006).

See pictures: http://www.bhatkallys.com/news/news.asp?aid=6012

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!