/* */

PDA

View Full Version : rehi

Who Am I?
01-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Yep. I'm back.

I had to take a break from here because it was wearing on me, making me into something I didn't want to be.

I was once Just a Guy.

Then I became King Of Nines, the Angry White Guy. That's when I knew that I had to leave for a while.

Well, I'm not that guy anymore, or I'm trying not to be. I realized a few things over the last few months. I am broken, and I need to fix myself. I can't do this on my own. I tried that. It didn't work.

It's a new year, and a new start. So, here I am. I'm not sure who I am supposed to be yet, but I'm trying to figure that out.

Just don't piss me off again, and we'll get along well. ;D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
ur always welcome bro.

It's good to do self retrospection, to retreat and look again at the flow of our life, and try to change or correct things inside us.

Who Am I?
01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
ur always welcome bro.

It's good to do self retrospection, to retreat and look again at the flow of our life, and try to change or correct things inside us.
Well basically, I have to stop looking at my past. I have done and said some things there that I am not proud of. Even when I was supposed to be a "better man", I still fell back into old patterns and old habits. Basically, I quit Islam for a few months. I quit everything. I got angry, and then I got angry that I was angry. I had to get to a point where I was down and almost out before I realized that I can't do this on my own. So I figured, new year, new start. Might as well make a go of it again.

No more Angry White Guy. I am Reinventing Myself.

marwen
01-14-2012, 09:05 AM
^ I understand what you mean brother. I hope you find you right path.
If I could tell you some thing, from my own experience, I would ask you to ignore emotions when trying to seek the truth. Emotions will blur your mind and make you unable to discern what is wrong and what is right and unable to even express things the right way.
Avoid being angry. If you feel angry while you are thinking or discussing, just stop thinking/discussing with others, because what you will think of or say will not be what you really want or what you really want to say.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “Advise me.” He said: “Do not get angry.” He repeated his question too many times and the prophet always replied: “Do not get angry.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5765.

Hope things get well for you, and may Allah make you even better than you want to be.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
peace_maker
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
No more Angry White Guy. I am Reinventing Myself.
I like it. :D

sis muslimah
01-14-2012, 08:24 PM
welcome back!!!

serena77
01-14-2012, 08:46 PM
salaams brother
welcome back !! its good to see you
Serena

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-14-2012, 09:06 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

Welcome back to the forum!

Hope you enjoy yourself here and hope you also find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah..

Who Am I?
01-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the (re)welcomes, brothers and sisters.

Flame of Hope
01-15-2012, 07:23 AM
:sl:

Welcome back, Who am I? :statisfie

Muslim Woman
01-15-2012, 07:45 AM

Welcome back brother.

:statisfie

Who Am I?
01-15-2012, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riham

Welcome back, Who am I? :statisfie
Heh. You seem familiar, Teal Font User... ;D

Innocent Soul
01-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Welcome back!

You were missed alot in 'Missing Members' thread. :D. What is the meaning of "rehi" :unsure: Good to hear that you are trying to re invent yourself :)

"And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him"
[Surat Al Haj 22:78]

"O our people, respond to the Messenger of Allah and believe in him; Allah will forgive for you your sins and protect you from a painful punishment."
[Surat Al-Ahqaf 46:31]

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said,
"If any one of you improve (follows strictly) his Islamic religion then his good deeds will be rewarded ten times to seven hundred times for each good deed and a bad deed will be recorded as it is."
(Sahih Bukhari: Book #2, Hadith #40)

Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves.
[Surah Baqara 2:222]

Who Am I?
01-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Ok, I'll have to check the missing members thread again. I didn't realize anyone missed me.

Explanation of "rehi": Lazy man's way of saying "Hello again". As I am a lazy man, this fits my personality.

Ramadhan
01-15-2012, 11:35 AM

Welcome back king

Glad to have you back!
:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!