/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain me this...?

'Abd Al-Maajid
01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
:sl:

Narrated Ibn Abbas (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Whoever disapproves of something done by his ruler then he should be patient, for whoever disobeys the ruler even a little (little = a span) will die as those who died in the Pre-lslamic Period of Ignorance. (i.e. as rebellious Sinners).

Bukhari Vol. 9 : No. 176

Can someone explain this hadeeth to me?

With my extremely limited knowledge and intuition, I can relate this hadeeth to the current situation of Middle east. Maybe someone knowledgeable can enlighten me with this.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
01-15-2012, 12:03 PM

I am also curious as to what the answer.
But my guess is, that hadith applies only to the rulers who are not zalimun.

Insaanah
01-15-2012, 02:11 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
But my guess is, that hadith applies only to the rulers who are not zalimun.
Possibly, but Allah knows best. See also the following ahadeeth, from Riyaadul Saaliheen:

186. `Ubadah bin As-Samit (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We swore allegiance to Messenger of Allah :saws: to hear and obey; in time of difficulty and in prosperity, in hardship and in ease, to endure being discriminated against and not to dispute about rule with those in power, except in case of evident infidelity regarding which there is a proof from Allah. We swore allegiance to Messenger of Allah :saws: to say what was right wherever we were, and not to fear from anyone's reproach. [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: It has been emphasized in this Hadith that even if a Muslim ruler is sinful and cruel, one should not disobey him unless he orders to go against the Divine injunctions. In that case, such rulers should not be obeyed. Similarly, it is not permissible to revolt against them until they commit clear-cut infidelity because there is a greater danger of loss in revolt and rebellion. It should be noted once and for all that the expression of truth and compliance with religious injunctions have top priority on all occasions. This should be done regardless of what people say on this account.

188. Umm Salamah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet :saws: said, "You will have rulers some of whom you approve and some of whom you will disapprove. He who dislikes them will be safe, and he who expresses disapproval will be safe, but he who is pleased and follows them (will be indeed sinful)". His audience asked: "Shall we not fight them?'' He replied, "No, as long as they establish Salat amongst you".[Muslim].

Commentary:
1. By qualifying the obedience of Muslim rulers with Salat, it has been made clear that what actually distinguishes between Kufr and Islam is Salat.

2. If a person has the power to stop the rulers from committing evil deeds, he must use this power for it. If he is incapable of it, he should at least condemn their evil deeds in his heart. To join or acquiesce in the evil deeds of the rulers is an extremely dangerous trend. From this angle, participation in political parties is a dangerous affair because when these parties come into power, all their members have to endorse and pursue their good as well as bad policies.

Source: http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...00/chap023.htm

And Allah knows best in all matters.

tigerkhan
01-17-2012, 04:31 AM
apart from this, history shows fight btw muslims always weak islam and muslims and that strengthen kuffars.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
01-17-2012, 05:09 AM
i personally believe it comes down to the issue of Al Walaa Wal Baraa.
If the leader is deviant yet opposes the enemy, then there is still a chance of reform
but if the leader pretends to appease Islam and plots with the enemies who's aim it is to destroy Islam, thus becoming 'Aduwullah.
Al Walaa Wal baraa supercedes it, since this is the furqan between Islam and Kufr.
and common cause against evil keeps the Ummah strong.

that is only my personal opinion and i am not giving a "google ruling".

here's my reason for saying it:

107. And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; But Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars.
108. Never stand thou forth therein. There is a mosque whose foundation was laid from the first day on piety; it is more worthy of the standing forth (for prayer) therein. In it are men who love to be purified; and Allah loveth those who make themselves pure.
109. Which then is best? - he that layeth his foundation on piety to Allah and His good pleasure? - or he that layeth his foundation on an undermined sand-cliff ready to crumble to pieces? and it doth crumble to pieces with him, into the fire of Hell. And Allah guideth not people that do wrong.
110. The foundation of those who so build is never free from suspicion and shakiness in their hearts, until their hearts are cut to pieces. And Allah is All-Knowing, Wise.
111. Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah. then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.
Quran 9;107-111

17. It is not for such as join gods with Allah, to visit or maintain the mosques of Allah while they witness against their own souls to infidelity. The works of such bear no fruit: In Fire shall they dwell.
18. The mosques of Allah shall be visited and maintained by such as believe in Allah and the Last Day, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity, and fear none (at all) except Allah. It is they who are expected to be on true guidance.
19. Do ye make the giving of drink to pilgrims, or the maintenance of the Sacred Mosque, equal to (the pious service of) those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and strive with might and main in the cause of Allah. They are not comparable in the sight of Allah. and Allah guides not those who do wrong.
20. Those who believe, and suffer exile and strive with might and main, in Allah.s cause, with their goods and their persons, have the highest rank in the sight of Allah. they are the people who will achieve (salvation)

Quran 9:17-20

if there is still doubt, consider thesewords carefully:

After the ummah gave their allegiance to Abu Bakr (ra), he said this:
O People! I have been put in authority over you and I am not the best of you.
So if I do the right thing then help me and if I do wrong then put me straight.
Truthfulness is a sacred trust and lying is a betrayal.
The weak amongst you is strong in my sight. I will surely try to remove his pain and suffering.
And the strong amongst you is weak to me I will – Allah willing – realise the right from him fully.
When obscene things spread among any nation, calamities generally continued to descend upon them.
As long as I obey Allah and His messenger, you should obey me,
and if I do not obey Allah and His messenger, then obedience to me is not incumbent upon you.

(Now prepare for prayer).

"The best Jihad is to speak the truth before a tyrant ruler" (Bukhari)
"The best (Jihad) is (to speak) a word of truth to an oppressive ruler." - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2040
"The best Jihad is a speech of truth in the presence of a tyrant ruler." (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)

last of all, this:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...usewives-saudi

Maryan0
01-18-2012, 06:47 AM
I would also like to know, particularly in light of hadiths like these:

Abul-Hârith Ahmad b. Muhammad Al-Sâ`igh, the close and respected friend of Imâm Ahmad, reports:

I asked Abû ‘Abdillâh (Imâm Ahmad) about something that had occurred in Baghdâd, and [because of which] some people were considering revolting [against the ruler]. I said, “O Abû ‘Abdillâh, what do you say about taking part in the revolt with these people?” He decried it and started saying, “Subhânallâh! The blood [of the people], the blood [of the people]! I do not believe in this and I do not tell others to do it. For us to suffer our situation in patience is better than the fitnah (tribulation) in which blood is spilt, property is taken, and the prohibited are violated (e.g. the honor of women). Do you not know what happened to the people (in the days of the previous fitnah)?” I said, “And the people today, Abû ‘Abdillâh, are they not in fitnah [because of the ruler]?” He replied, “If so, it is a limited fitnah, but if the sword is raised, the fitnah will engulf everything and there will be no way to escape. To suffer patiently this [current difficulty], where Allâh keeps your religion safe for you is better for you.” I saw him decry revolting against the leaders, and say, “[Do not spill the people's] blood. I do not believe in this and I do not command it.”

Some came to the prophet and asked "Oh prophet of God, what if we get Amirs who are unjust and corrupt and wouldn't give us our rights?" The prophet responded: "Listen and obey, for you will be rewarded for what you do, and they will answer (in judgement day) for what they do".

"Whomever hates something from his Amir, he should stay on it in patience, for whomever goes against the Amir and dies, he has died the death of Jahiliya (outside the fold of Islam)" Sahih Al-Bukhary and Muslim

The prophet said "There will be leaders after me who do not heed my guidance and do not abide by my sunnah, but there will be men who rise against them, they will have the hearts of devils inside the bodies of humans." Anas -ra- said: "What should I do then if I live to see this?" the prophet replied: "Listen and obey the leader, if he lashes your back and takes your money, you listen and obey."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!