/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Passing Judgments!!

Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 06:56 PM
A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes & went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy's father pacing in the hall waiting for the doctor. On seeing him, the dad yelled:

"Why did U take all this time to come? Don't U know that my son's life is in danger? Don't U have any sense of responsibility?"

The doctor smiled & said:

"I am sorry, I wasn't in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call...... And now, I wish you'd calm down so that I can do my work"

"Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would U calm down? If your own son dies now what will U do??" said the father angrily

The doctor smiled again & replied: "I will say what Job said in the Holy Book "From dust we came & to dust we return, blessed be the name of God". Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God's grace"

"Giving advice when we're not concerned is so easy" murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy.

"Thank goodness!, your son is saved!" And without waiting for the father's reply he carried on his way running. "If U have any question, ask the nurse!!"

"Why is he so arrogant? He couldn't wait some minutes so that I ask about my son's state" commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: "His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was in the burial when we called him for your son's surgery. And now that he saved your son's life, he left running to finish his son's burial."

Moral-- Don't judge anyone..... because U never know how their life is & what they're going through.

Without judgement its hard to proceed at all. We need it to find a way through life. But the danger lies in the harsh, quick and rigid judgements that we require of ourselves and that required by traditional thinking habits. Quite often we use stereotypesto ease our judgement and very frequently put up unrealistic 'either/or' choices to force ourselves or others into certain positions. Excessive emphasis on acceptance aspect [ideas/feelings too willingly accepted when milder or related to circumstances], or rejection aspect [things dropped out of attention and no more in thoughts], and neglecting analysis can be harmful/ misleading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
serena77
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
such an important reminded. I hate how people will lump everyyone into one category... or who won't take the time to remember that everyone's story... everyone's situation is different to say the least... no two people are alike ... and Allah has blessed us all to be different ... may everyone remember how important this is.... how making small snide comments when we don't know the situation can be harmful... especially when we make those comments to people in the same boat....
Serena

peace_maker
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
That's really touching....

~Zaria~
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

I love stories such as these, that drive home such important messages.......even long lectures on the topic, probably wouldnt be able to make us comprehend this as well.

Its so true.....

We never know where a person has come from.
Nor where he is going.
What trials and battles he has faced in life.
What has brought such sorrow to his eyes.
What insecurities and fears he carries.
And why.

And more importantly.....above everything else,
We will never know what Allah (subhana wata'alas) plan is for him.
He may be the greatest sinner today......but, Allah may guide him oneday, that he may become His loyal slave.
And the greatest Walli of Allah and His Rasul (sallahu alaihi wasalam), may oneday turn his back on imaan (may Allah protect us all).

Never judge a man/ woman.

Is it not in itself, a sign of pride and arrogance?

And remember - was it not pride that led Iblees to fall out of our Creators grace?

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
01-16-2012, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

I love stories such as these, that drive home such important messages.......even long lectures on the topic, probably wouldnt be able to make us comprehend this as well.

Its so true.....

We never know where a person has come from.
Nor where he is going.
What trials and battles he has faced in life.
What has brought such sorrow to his eyes.
What insecurities and fears he carries.
And why.

And more importantly.....above everything else,
We will never know what Allah (subhana wata'alas) plan is for him.
He may be the greatest sinner today......but, Allah may guide him oneday, that he may become His loyal slave.
And the greatest Walli of Allah and His Rasul (sallahu alaihi wasalam), may oneday turn his back on imaan (may Allah protect us all).

Never judge a man/ woman.

Is it not in itself, a sign of pride and arrogance?

And remember - was it not pride that led Iblees to fall out of our Creators grace?

Salaam
Love to the power of 1000. :wub:

jameelash
01-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Salam,who r we to judge others.?jzk for sharing

Ghazalah
01-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Salaam Alaykum.

Beautiful story, JazakAllahu Khayran Flame for the reminder.

sis muslimah
01-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Assalamualaikum

jazakallahu khair for sharing this

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!