/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Growing use of Sharia by UK Muslims

'Abd-al Latif
01-17-2012, 12:05 AM
The use of Sharia, or Islamic religious law, is growing in Britain, with thousands of Muslims using it to settle disputes each year, but women's groups and some others are objecting.

''You must speak the truth, sister. Because Allah is listening to your every word, you can lie to us but not to Him.''

The bearded sheikh is instructing his first client of the day to explain why she is unhappy in her marriage.

Sitting behind a small desk in the back room of a converted terrace house, Sheikh Haitham al-Haddad is a representative of the Islamic Sharia Council, the largest Sharia body in the UK, based in Leyton, east London.

The woman has come to the council for an Islamic divorce because her husband refuses to grant her one.

''I'm not happy. He's never at home and I've seen messages from other women on his phone. He doesn't even give money to help support the kids,'' the woman tells the sheikh.

It is easier for a Muslim man to end a marriage in Islam, but a wife must persuade the judges to grant her a dissolution if her husband is opposed to divorce.

The case is typical of those case dealt with by Sharia councils, as thousands of Muslims are turning to them to help resolve family, financial and commercial problems in accordance with Sharia principles.

Growing demand

An estimated 85 Sharia councils could be operating in Britain, according to a 2009 report by the think tank Civitas.

Several bodies like the Islamic Sharia Council have seen a large increase in their cases in the past five years.

''Our cases have easily more than tripled over the past three to five years," says Sheikh al-Haddad.

''On average, every month we can deal with anything from 200 to 300 cases. A few years ago it was just a small fraction of that.

''Muslims are becoming more aligned with their faith and more aware of what we are offering them,'' he explained.

The principles of Sharia govern all aspects of a Muslim's life. It is derived from a combination of sources including the Koran, the Hadith, which is based on the example of the prophet Muhammad, and fatwas, which are rulings of Islamic scholars.

Sharia has been operating in the UK, managed by locally-appointed councils, in parallel to the British legal system since 1982.

But the informal councils have no legal powers and they cannot impose any penalties.

They deal with civil cases alone, but many Muslims are choosing to voluntarily accept rulings made by the scholars.

Omar Hannan, 28, from Solihull, turned to Sharia instead of the British courts after an ownership dispute broke out between the British Muslim partners at his industrial cleaning company.

''It fulfilled my Islamic spiritual principles which was the main reason I went to a Muslim tribunal.

''But it was also very quick. We resolved it in three to four months,'' he said.

''It only cost a couple of hundred pounds, and you can imagine how much it would have cost through the English legal system,'' he added.

As a demand for Sharia thrives, a number of British law firms are starting to tap into the booming market.

Muslim Lawyer Aina Khan has launched one of the first Sharia departments at her London-based law firm.

She offers clients advice that is in keeping with both English and Islamic law.

''I am surprised that the majority of people that I am dealing with are under the age of 50. They are British Muslims who want to satisfy their British identity as well as their Muslim one.

''So I give them solutions to their problems that satisfy both legal systems all under one place.''

'Discrimination'

Despite the growing demand for Sharia law in Britain, there is also increasing opposition by some groups who argue that the practice discriminates against women

The Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organisation (IKWRO) is campaigning to bring an end to the practice.

''We have spoken to many women and all of them tell us the same story; Sharia law is not providing them with the justice they seek. The councils are dominated by men, who are making judgements in favour of men,'' said Diana Nammi.

Concerns such as these have led crossbench peer Baroness Cox to introduce a bill before the House of Lords, aimed at introducing regulation of Sharia organisations in the UK.

The bill has received its first reading and is expected to get a second reading later this year.

But for groups like IKWRO the bill does not go far enough.

''We think there shouldn't be any religious law practising in Britain - all Sharia bodies should be banned. That is the only way we can ensure equality of justice for all women," argues Diana Nammi.

But while a demand for Sharia continues in Britain, Sheikh Haitham al-Haddad says the practice cannot be banned.

''We are not forcing people to walk through our doors. They are voluntarily coming to us,'' he said.

''If you ban us, then British Muslims will find somewhere else to go.

''Many will go to Muslim countries abroad, where there will be no way to protect them.''

'Closure in the eyes of God'

Saba Zia is a practising Muslim who lives in Reading with her three children. She became a single mother when her husband walked out on her after 13 years of marriage.

"He went to Pakistan for three years and stopped paying the bills and the mortgage.

"I let myself and my kids go. I started starving myself. I would go on average three days not eating anything at all. I remember on one occasion it was seven days. I even started cutting myself. I was aware of what I was doing but I had no control."

Two and a half years after her husband left her, Saba asked him for an Islamic divorce. It was more important to her than her civil divorce.

"I just picked up the phone and said to him: 'Give me a divorce.' But he wasn't going to make it easy for me. That's when I went to the Sharia council."

The Sharia council supported Saba and helped her get the religious divorce she was seeking.

"For me the religious divorce, the Talak, was the first port of call, the most important. The civil divorce was something that could come later. I had to have closure in the eyes of God first.

"I felt like I wasn't alone. They recognised my rights and they helped me move on with my life."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16522447

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
01-17-2012, 12:07 AM
:salamext:

These IKWRO women are ignorant. May Allah never give their campaign, or any such campaign, any recognition or success.

CosmicPathos
01-17-2012, 12:20 AM
May Allah destroy the IKWRO women in life and hereafter if they dont stop their emotional rant.

Tyrion
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
IKWRO women
Reminds me of that woman, Asra Nomani... I reaaallllly dislike her...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
01-17-2012, 01:41 AM
amazing, how people are voluntarily choosing to settle their disputes amicably just as they would in their living room at next to zero cost
and the wolves are frothing at the mouth

UmmuShaheed
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
May Allah destroy their organization and guide them to the truth May the Sharia law be implemented throughout the world Ameen

serena77
01-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Okay.. am I missing something?? I know that for large chunks of the western world, to use shar'ia law would be .. a new and different experience and i KNOW that most... do not like change.. but other than either that... OR islamaphobic issues.. why is there always such a big deal over shar'ia law?

I'm not trying to derail the thread but this is another one where it seems people are in an uproar.. and I don't really consider myself stupid so what am i missing...
Serena

sis muslimah
01-17-2012, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GhareebInshalla
May Allah destroy their organization and guide them to the truth May the Sharia law be implemented throughout the world Ameen
ameen ...

Abz2000
01-17-2012, 10:52 PM
the ironic part is that most of their laws, other than the debauched ones - ARE SHARIA LAWS

Is English law related to Muslim law?

In London's historic "Inns of Court", barristers practise law in the shadow of the distinctive medieval Temple Church. But does English law really owe a debt to Muslim law?
For some scholars, a historical connection to Islam is a "missing link" that explains why English common law is so different from classical Roman legal systems that hold sway across much of the rest of Europe....

.....London's historic legal district, with its professional class of independent lawyers, has parallels with the way medieval Islamic law was organised.In Sunni Islam there were four great schools of legal theory, which were often housed in "madrassas" around mosques. Scholars debated each other on obscure points of law, in much the same way as English barristers do.

.....This doesn't necessarily rule out the Templars' role altogether. Medieval Muslim centres of learning were governed under a special legal device called the "waqf" under which trustees guaranteed their independence.

......The original 1264 document that established Merton has parallels with the waqf because it is a "perpetual endowment" - a system where trustees keep the college running through the ages. It's been used as a template across the Western world.
Dr Brand says many branches of Western learning, from mathematics to philosophy, owe a debt of gratitude to Islamic influence.
...........From the end of the 9th to the middle of the 11th Century, Sicily had Muslim rulers. Many Sicilians were Muslims and followed the Maliki school of legal thought in Sunni Islam.
Maliki law has certain provisions which resemble English legal principles, such as jury trial and land possession. Sicily represented a gateway into western Europe for Islamic ideas but it's unclear how these ideas are meant to have travelled to England.

...There is no definitive proof, because very few documents survive from the period. All we have is the stories of people like Thomas Brown - an Englishman who was part of the Sicilian government, where he was known in Arabic as "Qaid Brun".He later returned to England and worked for the king during the period when common law came into being.
There is proof he brought Islamic knowledge back to England, especially in mathematics. But no particular proof he brought legal concepts.
There are clear parallels between Islamic legal history and English law, but unless new historical evidence comes to light, the link remains unproven.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7631388.stm

Who Am I?
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by serena77
Okay.. am I missing something?? I know that for large chunks of the western world, to use shar'ia law would be .. a new and different experience and i KNOW that most... do not like change.. but other than either that... OR islamaphobic issues.. why is there always such a big deal over shar'ia law?

I'm not trying to derail the thread but this is another one where it seems people are in an uproar.. and I don't really consider myself stupid so what am i missing...
Serena
:sl:

Well it's pretty much what you said about Islamophobia. Sharia law in the West is seen as oppressive to women and encouraging of violence against non-believers. Those are always the first issues mentioned by Islamophobes whenever I ask them what they think of Islam.

Of course, then I try to set them straight. Some of them actually do take the time to listen, but most don't even want to hear the truth.

Abz2000
01-18-2012, 12:13 AM
it's like me saying western law is a way to dehumanize women and kill people with electric chairs and poisonous injections and gas chambers,
doesn't hold

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 01:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
it's like me saying western law is a way to dehumanize women and kill people with electric chairs and poisonous injections and gas chambers,
doesn't hold

Bro, I know it, and you know it, but a lot of Western non-Muslims are so quick to believe whatever the Western media says about Islam. Instead of trying to find the truth for themselves, they just accept whatever they are told as the truth.

The educational system does not help as the schools don't teach kids to think for themselves. The government does not want people to think for themselves. The government wants good little robots who will do what they are told.

Aprender
01-18-2012, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
The educational system does not help as the schools don't teach kids to think for themselves. The government does not want people to think for themselves. The government wants good little robots who will do what they are told.
It's unfortunate but also very true. It doesn't get any better at the university level either. They put professors in place who push off their own ideological views to the students. Most of the time, students don't think twice about it because they believe the professor would know better than them since they're teaching the class.

I'm having a similar problem now in a class that I'm taking at the university. My classmates appreciate the alternative point of views that I present from a Muslim perspective but unfortunately my grades get knocked down for not subscribing to what the professor wants me to think.

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 03:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
It's unfortunate but also very true. It doesn't get any better at the university level either. They put professors in place who push off their own ideological views to the students. Most of the time, students don't think twice about it because they believe the professor would know better than them since they're teaching the class.

I'm having a similar problem now in a class that I'm taking at the university. My classmates appreciate the alternative point of views that I present from a Muslim perspective but unfortunately my grades get knocked down for not subscribing to what the professor wants me to think.

Don't even get me started on university education. It's all a vast conspiracy to dumb down the USA and make money for the government and university educators.

My dad was telling me once about a similar problem that he had in a philosophy class. The professor was an atheist and frequently ranted about Christianity and how much he hated it. My dad, being a Christian, would sometimes debate him in class. Eventually, the professor and he came to an agreement. My dad got a B in the class in exchange for him not showing up anymore to interrupt the professor's anti-Christian rants. ;D

Maybe you can come to a similar agreement with your professor.

Abz2000
01-18-2012, 04:26 AM
then you'll probably like this:

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 05:02 AM

I'll have to watch that later. I don't have time to sit through it all right now as I am going to bed in a few.

serena77
01-18-2012, 06:16 PM
salaams
not sure how we got on the subject of education... lol... but I guess I was lucky... even though i was at a university in nc ... they did have an islamic center..... i really hate i didnt know what i know now.. but anyway.... none of my professors were political... and i'm pretty sure i didnt just miss it. . It makes me realize how lucky i was reading the last few posts. my professors were used to me ... I was the one w/ the odd ideas and loved when we had days when we gave lectures in my grad classes... there could have been ten students.. nine ways of seeing things.. and then mine. Luckily i wasn't in any program that required me to follow the rest of the sheep. I wouldn't have done well.
jakazallah khair
Serena

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 06:36 PM

Speeking of sheep, here's a previously unknown fact about me.

My first major, before history, was journalism. I like to write, and I've been told that I am pretty good at it, so I figured, why not make a living of it?

That last a year before I quit journalism in disgust and switched to history. I resented being told what to write and how to write it, and I was disillusioned with the liberal secular humanist agenda that the so-called "objective" media insist on putting into every publication. I couldn't reconcile my love of writing with being a "yes man" for the rest of my life.

serena77
01-18-2012, 08:03 PM
this is unreal... but is apparently true... while it is in the US it goes along w/ the rest of this thread. I think ..
Elections - POLITICS

Group blasts Gingrich for limiting hires to Muslims who renounce Shariah law

The largest Muslim civil liberties group in the United States on Wednesday condemned Newt Gingrich for saying he would only hire Muslims to his administration if they renounced the use of Islam's Shariah law as a tool for U.S. government.Calling Gingrich "one of the nation's worst promoters of anti-Muslim bigotry," the Council of American Islamic Relations suggested the Republican presidential candidate is a segregationist.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/18/group-blasts-gingrich-for-limiting-hires-to-muslims-who-renounce-shariah-law/#ixzz1jqGlKnjp
r
est of article is at link.

Serena

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Ah... I suppose I should not mention that I am actually related to Newt Gingrich. By both blood and marriage, apparently. :hmm:

serena77
01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
we can't help who we are related to.... won't hold it against you brother.
Serena

Maryan0
01-18-2012, 10:33 PM

Ah... I suppose I should not mention that I am actually related to Newt Gingrich. By both blood and marriage, apparently. :hmm:
I'm actually very closely related to someone that I consider not a very good person who is well known among certain groups in my country.You can't choose your relatives...
Salam

GuestFellow
01-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Salaam,

Even if they ban it, it's not enforceable. You can't stop people from solving their own personal problems in private. Geez. The courts would prefer people to solve their own problems as they have more important cases to deal with.

Who Am I?
01-19-2012, 03:42 AM

True. You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family, and if you try to pick your family's noses, well that says stuff about you that I don't even want to think about. ;D

Thanks, guys.

Tyrion
01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Ah... I suppose I should not mention that I am actually related to Newt Gingrich. By both blood and marriage, apparently.
Think you could tell him to go away? :D

Who Am I?
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

Think you could tell him to go away? :D

I wish. That's my dad's side of the family, and we don't have anything to do with them.

yahia12
01-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Sharia emphasizes equality and justice among people and is ofcourse the law of Allah swt. Why fearing implementing these laws unless they have something to hide :)

Who Am I?
01-20-2012, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdyahia12
Sharia emphasizes equality and justice among people and is ofcourse the law of Allah swt. Why fearing implementing these laws unless they have something to hide :)

I might take some heat for this, but I despise censorship in all forms, and Sharia would in my opinion bring censorship. I think that people should be allowed to make their own decisions based on facts, and not because somebody else tells them what to do or how to think. This is the problem that I have with the current educational system and the mass media in the USA. There is a definite agenda to "dumb down" the populace and push certain ideologies, to make the people easier to control by the government. I refuse to be a robot.

Sothis Girl
01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
May Allah destroy the IKWRO women in life and hereafter if they dont stop their emotional rant.
No. the right one is : "May Allah shows and lights them to the right path of His!" :)
After all, they haven't know Islam yet....

Pygoscelis
01-30-2012, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdyahia12
Depends entirely on what you mean by "impliment". If we're talking the Sharia type arbitration we've got going on right now in Ontario, for muslims who opt into it, I have no problem with that. But I dam sure would fight pushing Sharia law on all of us.

'Abd-al Latif
01-30-2012, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Depends entirely on what you mean by "impliment". If we're talking the Sharia type arbitration we've got going on right now in Ontario, for muslims who opt into it, I have no problem with that. But I dam sure would fight pushing Sharia law on all of us.
I wish you would think before posting biased views. The title of this thread says "Growing use..." not "Enforced use...".

You know what really baffles me? It's the extent of Islamic Law that the western world has taken to make the laws it has today, from governance to commerce; and yet you think Shari'a is something bad based on some nonsense news reports.

Oh you don't believe me? Look up the British Common Law, and then look up Islamic origins of the Common Law, the Magna Carta, The Discovery of Freedom, and finally the second Declaration of Independence is almost completely taken from what the Islamic Law has upheld since the last 1400 years. I can even break down the second Declaration of Independence with Islamic proof, sentence by sentence, if you are still in denial.

Pygoscelis
01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I wish you would think before posting biased views. The title of this thread says "Growing use..." not "Enforced use...".
How on earth do you get this "biased" view from me after reading what I posted? I specifically gave two alternatives and gave my thoughts on each. You focus only on the latter.

I have no issue with people opting into arbitration through whatever means is mutually chosen, be that Sharia law, Rabinical law, or flipping a coin.

and yet you think Shari'a is something bad based on some nonsense news reports.
I didn't say Sharia "is bad based on some nonsense news reports", though I have recently come to a much clearer picture of what passes for Islam around here after experiencing that other thread with the one muslim wishing death on people, mods saying its no big deal, and other muslims more concerned with cartoons. That does make me weary of subjecting any of our legal system to the influence of the Islam this board represents.

Even if we're talking about a much friendlier version of Islam and interpretation of Sharia, such as that held by my real life muslim friends (and a select few on this board), I would not want to live under any sort of theocracy; not christian, not islamic.

'Abd-al Latif
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
How on earth do you get this "biased" view from me after reading what I posted? I specifically gave two alternatives and gave my thoughts on each. You focus only on the latter.

I have no issue with people opting into arbitration through whatever means is mutually chosen, be that Sharia law, Rabinical law, or flipping a coin.

I didn't say Sharia "is bad based on some nonsense news reports", though I have recently come to a much clearer picture of what passes for Islam around here after experiencing that other thread with the one muslim wishing death on people, mods saying its no big deal, and other muslims more concerned with cartoons. That does make me weary of subjecting any of our legal system to the influence of the Islam this board represents.

Even if we're talking about a much friendlier version of Islam and interpretation of Sharia, such as that held by my real life muslim friends (and a select few on this board), I would not want to live under any sort of theocracy; not christian, not islamic.
Oh God please don't start this again. :heated:

I have a project that I am busy with and I am unable to spend too much time on the forum. I only come on for a few mins to check what's going on and then leave, hence why my posts are usually so very short. I haven't and never hace approved of any such thing and I'm not going to start this convo again.

Can we please just stick to the topic?

Who Am I?
01-30-2012, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

You know what really baffles me? It's the extent of Islamic Law that the western world has taken to make the laws it has today, from governance to commerce; and yet you think Shari'a is something bad based on some nonsense news reports.

Oh you don't believe me? Look up the British Common Law, and then look up Islamic origins of the Common Law, the Magna Carta, The Discovery of Freedom, and finally the second Declaration of Independence is almost completely taken from what the Islamic Law has upheld since the last 1400 years. I can even break down the second Declaration of Independence with Islamic proof, sentence by sentence, if you are still in denial.

I would very much be interested in seeing that, brother.

As I said, I am against censorship in all forms, and I see Sharia as imposing censorship and too strict with rules. I suppose this is my Western rebellious self speaking.

GuestFellow
01-30-2012, 10:01 PM

He was wishing death on people who wanted to eradicate religion, not just any people. Of course that was not acceptable. You ought to have reported his posts if you found it offensive. If you believe a moderator is doing a poor job governing this forum, then you should complain to the administrators, rather than derailing this topic.

Pygoscelis
01-31-2012, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
He was wishing death on people who wanted to eradicate religion, not just any people.
Wrong. He wrote plainly a number of times that he wished death on anybody who hopes for or would like to see religion cease to exist.

Of course that was not acceptable.
It was accepted. Few objected to it (though they did object to drawings). Two admins/mods ridiculed objection to it. Getting them to condemn it is like pulling teeth. We even had one specifically say that his silence doesn't mean he agrees (but being very careful not to say he disagrees either). This plays directly into a talking point of Sam Harris (ironically linked to in that thread) that muslims seem to have an unwritten rule forbidding them from criticizing fellow "brothers" in the face of a kafir. I am left wondering if that is part of Sharia, which we are talking about the use of in this thread. That is why the two threads are related and why what I wrote is on topic (if you read my entire posts instead of just picking out one sentence you'll see that).

rather than derailing this topic.
I did not derail this topic. I gave my view on the topic, and the difference in my views if the Shariah is opted-in or were it to have any sway over the legal system at large. I was specifically told in this thread that I believe Sharia is bad because of bad newscasting media. I wrote to correct that faulty assumption and to explain why I would oppose Sharia having any sway over our overall legal system. That thread was a good example of why. If we are going to let muslims and muslim law have sway over our society, and if this forum and that other thread are in any way representative of Islam at large, we non-muslims are apparently in for some pretty horrible times. Even if it is not representative of most muslims, and I don't think it is, theocracy itself (even in small doses) is something I see as inherently dangerous and would oppose, and that includes Christian theocracy as well as muslim.

If on the other hand we are just going to let muslims use arbitrators to resolve disputes amongst themselves that concord with overall laws and that look out for the rights of minors and other persons not able to consent or subject to duress then as I stated above, I have no problem with it. We have such "sharia courts" here in Ontario, which alarmed a lot of people south of the border who didn't understand the opt-in nature of it. I have spent a lot of time on other forums explaining the situation to placate their understandable concerns.

Anyway, I think I've had my fill of this place for a while. I'll go back to lurking.

GuestFellow
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Wrong. He wrote plainly a number of times that
he wished death on anybody who hopes for or would like to see religion cease to exist.
He was wishing death on people who wanted to eradicate religion, not just any people.
How am I wrong? We actually agree here I think.

It was accepted. Few objected to it (though they did object to drawings). Two admins/mods ridiculed objection to it. Getting them to condemn it is like pulling teeth. We even had one specifically say that his silence doesn't mean he agrees (but being very careful not to say he disagrees either). This plays directly into a talking point of Sam Harris (ironically linked to in that thread) that muslims seem to have an unwritten rule forbidding them from criticizing fellow "brothers" in the face of a kafir. I am left wondering if that is part of Sharia, which we are talking about the use of in this thread. That is why the two threads are related and why what I wrote is on topic (if you read my entire posts instead of just picking out one sentence you'll see that).
They were moderators, not administrators. That is why I'm saying you should complain if you are still upset about what happened in the previous topic.

I did not derail this topic. I gave my view on the topic, and the difference in my views if the Shariah is opted-in or were it to have any sway over the legal system at large. I was specifically told in this thread that I believe Sharia is bad because of bad newscasting media. I wrote to correct that faulty assumption and to explain why I would oppose Sharia having any sway over our overall legal system. That thread was a good example of why. If we are going to let muslims and muslim law have sway over our society, and if this forum and that other thread are in any way representative of Islam at large, we non-muslims are apparently in for some pretty horrible times. Even if it is not representative of most muslims, and I don't think it is, theocracy itself (even in small doses) is something I see as inherently dangerous and would oppose, and that includes Christian theocracy as well as muslim.
This forum represents Muslims that are trying to practice Islam. To understand Islam properly, you ought to read the scriptures. What Muslims do, does not necessarily reflect the scriptures, like the Qur'an. The members, moderators and administrators here are not perfect. We make offensive comments at times but this does not mean Islam supports it. We have a complaint system, so if your upset, you should complain.

You also made a huge generalisation. A few comments made you generalise an entire legal system, in this case, the Sharia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!