/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what they are really hiding?

syed1
01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
So this article on BBC talks about how scientist have deployed technology in deep sea's around the world in order to listen to seismic activity and study water pressure and sea life among many things.

They have publicly allowed the sounds to be heard in REAL TIME on listentothedeep.com which I think is kinda neat.

One thing that bothers me though, is the fact that the US navy has been particularly unhappy with the recent decision to have this information readily available on the internet.

They feel that they conduct naval operations in some parts of the sea and want to keep it hidden from "someone" they don't mention who in the article that they mast intercept the REAL TIME feed, take out the sounds of the naval operations and then transmit the feed back on the site.

So I find that rather peculiar, what are they trying to hide?

I wonder what type of stuff they are hearing that they don't want the public to hear? Common, do you really expect me to believe that it is just the sounds of naval operations they are suppressing? I doubt it.

REF: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16555916

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peace_maker
01-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Maybe they are hiding krakken down there. Juz Kidding. :D

syed1
01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Lmao never heard of that myth before. good one

Who Am I?
01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
:sl:

There are things that should not be named, Lovecraftian horrors from the deep. I think maybe Leviathan is real, or there is some ancient Atlantean technology that is being kept hidden.

What... why is everyone looking at me like that? :hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
01-18-2012, 11:12 AM

Maybe US Navy know, the deep sea aliens are real, not only in movies like The Abyss.

Just kidding.

The most acceptable reason why US Navy do not want people listen to the sound from deep sea is, because they do not want people know where are and what are their submarines and other underwater vehicles doing. One way to detect submarines is listen to their sounds with hydrophones. You can watch it in Crimson Tide, The hunt for Red October, or U-571.

(Oh no, I talk about movies again)

peace_maker
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
I think it's because, they want to keep the experiment to themselves, and find it pointless to make it open.... Or they maybe really hiding something under there.. Some powerfull secret weapon or so? You can't really tell, they are unpredictable. They can do anything. :skeleton:

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 06:25 PM

You know, this reminds me of a web page I saw once.

Apparently this guy was a real conspiracy theorist, because the page was all about the how the 2004 Asian tsunami was not the result of an earthquake, but rather the result of an atomic bomb detonated underwater by the US Navy, with the purpose of crashing the Asian economic market to boost the value of the US dollar. :nervous:

Yeah, I know... but that's what he said.

Muezzin
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
They're hiding Godzilla*.

He lives in the ocean, you see.

*or, like, not.

Who Am I?
01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
They're hiding Godzilla*.

He lives in the ocean, you see.

*or, like, not.
Oh, don't tell my Japanophile friend that. He'll want to go visit Godzilla.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!