/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Before you say 'I do' - Marriage course by Imam Yassir Fazaga!

iman1981
01-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Islamic Institute for Development & Research (IIDR) presents:

BEFORE YOU SAY 'I DO' & After you have!

Attention all singletons and married couples…

Are you looking to get married? Are you finding it difficult to find your Mr Right and Miss Right? Are you getting married and don’t know how or what to prepare for this new venture in your life? Are you married and want to learn about how to have happiness and love in your relationship?

In this unique two-day course you will learn about what you should know before you say ‘I do’ and what to do if you already have! Take this course and prepare to be amazed at what Islam says about building relationships.

In this course you will learn…
• The pressures in getting married and not marrying for the wrong reasons
• All about relationships between men and women in Islam
• What makes Mr Right right , and Mr. Wrong wrong
• Knowing yourself is more important than who you want
• The right relationship and empowerment to avoid the wrong types
• Why marriages fail and how to save a failing marriage
• Sexual intimacy - its place in a marriage and addressing the myths
• The art of loving and being lovable
• The distinction between Islam and culture in issues of relationships
• Surviving the loss of love/marriage

This course is for you, if:
• You are single or married
• You are thinking of getting married or looking for a spouse
• You are married and you and your spouse want to equip yourselves in how to make better relationship decisions
• You want to learn about what Islam says about relationships and marriage
• You are a parent and want to understand how to deal with relationship issues that your children will and are facing

What will I get from this course?
• Practical examples of understanding relationships
• An understanding and appreciation of what Islam teaches about romantic love
• A greater appreciation of your spouse and your marriage
• An understanding of what causes marriages to fail and how to avoid it
• Tools to determine compatibility
• Knowledge that will empower you to create a happy and loving relationship

INSTRUCTOR
Imam Yassir Fazaga (USA)
Imam Yassir was born in Eritrea in Northeast Africa and moved to the United States at the age of 15. He has a Bachelors Degree in Islamic Studies from the Institute of Islamic and Arabic Sciences in Virginia; and received a Masters Degree in Marriage and Family Counselling from the California State University of Long Beach. Imam Yassir serves as the Religious Leader of Orange County Islamic Foundation (OCIF) in Mission Viejo, California. He is also the Director of Mental Health Department at Access California Social Services Agency in Anaheim.

Imam Yassir is listed on the "Who is Who among America's Teachers" where the best students choose their best teachers and was recently featured on the Today Show on "Spirituality in America". He was one of the co-hosts of weekly “WiseLiving” TV program and a regular guest speaker on Peace TV.

DATES
Sat. 18th – Sun. 19th February, 2012

TIME
9.00am - 6.30pm

VENUE
Queen Mary, University of London,
Mile End Road,
London, E1 4NS

FEES
£59 - Before 5th February
£69 - From 6th February

REGISTRATION online at www dot iidr dot org

Information
T: 07092 813 541 email: info at iidr dot org

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
01-19-2012, 03:37 AM
:sl:

This sounds interesting. Pity that I won't be able to attend as I am 3000 miles across the pond.

Eric H
01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Greetings and peace be with you iman1981; thanks for sharing.

It is fairly easy to get married, I know some might disagree.

But relationships and staying married have to be one of the toughest things we do in life. Marriage is two imperfect people coming together, and having imperfect children, this has to be a recipe for disaster unless we can put God first.

Blessings

Eric

ardianto
01-20-2012, 03:18 PM

Like Mister Eric has said, marriage is two imperfect people coming together, and having imperfect children. This is The Art in marriage.

Many unmarried people are thinking, marriage would be success only if the husband and the wife really matched in every matter. Many unmarried people believe, they would love their spouses only if their spouses meet their criteria of ideal spouse.

These are two example of myth in marriage that actually not true.

Benefit of learn about marriage before getting married is not only to know the techniques to manage a marriage, but also to open our eyes about how the marriage life is. And we don't need to wait until we find someone if we want to learn about marriage. Also, like I have said in another thread, after got married we still need to learn.

I never heard anything about Imam Yassir Fazaga, but I notice the lessons in that course are very good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Remember that in Western culture, there is this notion that you must be "in love" with someone to marry them. I myself have never been "in love". I can honestly say that. I know other men and women who have been "in love" many times throughout their life.

I'm not saying that "love" is a false concept, but it's certainly something I've never encountered. I have seen it work with other couples, and I have seen couples that were "in love" have a horrible breakup a few months later.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!