/* */

PDA

View Full Version : After embracing islam, facing difficulites

syed1
01-21-2012, 12:53 PM
After becoming a more 'observant' muslim, my actions namely, praying and attending lectures and even sometimes telling my parents a hadith or two I have noticed that some members in my family have been scared that I might become a 'mullah" which I do not think is the case..

Any how the problem I am facing is when I notice something wrong or something incorrect which goes agaisnt the sunnah or quran I usually try to point it out to my family members. But now I feel as if I am being a nuisance to them, for point out every little thing, like oh do go there to eat, or thats haram, or don't do that, just little things in life that may require them to change their life style slighty.

I feel that I am becoming a bit irritating and it is to be expected since not everyone in my family or friends for that matter share the same set of values or belief as me..

So what is one to do in this situation, shall I remain quiet and do as much as I can without scolding others for eating something haram for example..
?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum

I do not believe it is wrong to warn someone from what is wrong as long it's done in the correct manner.

Unfortunately, you are not the only individual who has to deal with this..But speaking to one in a way that they will understand, a way to 'get to them'. Also that every individual understands in different ways, different ways you can approach them, speak to one, and usually respect and calmly spoken without losing the cool always has it's benefits. Alongside one needs patience.

The other difference between you and them maybe that they are not aware of the seriousness of the matter concerning the wrong and right so maybe if you showed them the disadvantages and advantages of the certain things, the reasoning behind them etc. Not sure if i've helped..I hope there comes a better response inshaa'Allaah.

Reminds of this talk by Sh. Nouman Ali khan ..

ardianto
01-21-2012, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed1
After becoming a more 'observant' muslim, my actions namely, praying and attending lectures and even sometimes telling my parents a hadith or two I have noticed that some members in my family have been scared that I might become a 'mullah" which I do not think is the case..
Assalamualaikum.

The common mistake made by 'beginner' in da'wah is act like a mullah who talk on the podium. No wonder if you are look weird in your family eyes.

There are different ways between da'wah on the podium, on the street, in the house, in front of many people, only to someone, to teenagers, or to adults, etc.

It's okay, you are still in learning process, you can learn.

syed1
01-21-2012, 02:21 PM
I am not necessarily giving dawah. my family is muslim and they know right from wrong and the basic teaching of islam. But they are not very "strict" muslims (nor am i) but they are a bit more relaxed you could say. they want me to be "moderate" and I think am being moderate not doing anything excessively..

the main thing that concerns me as that I don't want them to think of me as some kind of "buzz kill"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Maybe play videos around them indirectly such as this one to make them think, that way you wouldn't be pin pointing their actions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!