/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Egypt's Islamic parties win elections to parliament

Insaanah
01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
21 January 2012 Last updated at 13:36

Egypt's Islamist parties win elections to parliament

Breaking news

The final results in Egypt's first post-Mubarak parliamentary elections confirm an overwhelming victory for Islamist parties.

The Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) won the largest number of seats under Egypt's complex electoral system.

The hardline Salafist Nour party came second.

The liberal New Wafd and the secular Egyptian Bloc coalition are some way behind them.

Egyptians voted in three phases over a six-week period to elect the 498 members of the People's Assembly.

Former President Hosni Mubarak was forced to resign last year after a popular uprising.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-16665748

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-manar
01-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Peace

Though no true muslim would ever argue against the neccesity of a government that applies the Islamic laws ...

I have some worries
I'm a supporter of the The Muslim Brotherhood's movement ,for their moderate approach ,their experience and open mindedness ,their ideology of muslims unity and the neccesity of tolerance among muslims of all various religious Islamic schools ,more important they unlike the Salafi movement know well what should be the priorities in the process of reform .....

the sad news is though the shameful attitude of the salafi movement during the revolution ( most of their scholars urged the youth not to revolt etc...) once the revolution suceeded not only they wouldn't support The Muslim Brotherhood's movement with votes ,but they would form a rival political party ...

anyway days will tell how wise the Salafist Nour party would be ....
would they cooperate,support their brothers in the Muslim Brotherhood's movement with their moderate,gradual agenda of reform that focus on the priorities ... or would they turn against them .....
I won't predict or judge(in spite of the bad reputation of the salafi movement in politics)...it is days that will tell..

anyway my worry is mostly isn't cause of the issue of the Salafists vs Muslim Brotherhood's movement ... but my feeling pity for them inheriting incredile amount of problems and challenges in Egypt ...

The problems in Egypt are basically not the shortcomings of the previous governments but how the people behave at the first place ..... few are those who would feel that they belong to the country ,or bother to cooperate to reform the miserable situation ....

May Allah gets the country better

peace

User29123
01-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I was reading the comments on Sky News, many of the people are EDL members and sky will NEVER post truth full comments, People saying that they will go back 200 years, lol maybe we might but at least we can live in peace, like Saudi Arabia, plus they were on about gays and such, well to be honest society is not even ready to allow gays, every time USA do something the rest of the world has to follow them, some people are just stupid....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!