/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About Evolution

CosmicPathos
01-21-2012, 08:34 PM

What do you guys say about this video, aside from the fact that all speakers are females?

Evolution is a broad concept, what can accept as Muslims, and what we must reject as Muslims?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
01-21-2012, 09:52 PM
There is a hadith which says that Adam was 40 cubits tall. Now from modern day perspective, that is quite tall, and seems anything but "human like." If we are okay with believing that humans once could be 40 feet tall, what is wrong with believing that once humans could have more hairy skins? etc.

Thoughts? I am just trying to illicit your responses.

GuestFellow
01-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Watching the video gave me a headache. It's like watching a presidential campaign ad. Not really educational.

Overall, I don't really care much about science/evolution. I know I should, but I don't.

Ramadhan
01-22-2012, 02:58 AM
If I didn't miss anything, I found that all these women talk about is "micro-evolution". Which I agree, that micro-evolution should be taught in school, because it is science.

I found it glaring that none of these women ever said "evolution means humans are descendents from prokariotyc". Or is that implied?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
01-22-2012, 04:39 AM
I think this is implied.

But I think these women are appealing to emotion. Their whole argument is dependent on how evolution allows us to enjoy the modernities of healthcare, appealing to ppl's emotion when they get to enjoy the modern health care.

Ramadhan
01-22-2012, 05:11 AM
I agree with you that they are appealing to emotion. Tragic said these women sound like presidential campaigners.
What I see is that these women sound more like preachers.

GuestFellow
01-22-2012, 11:21 AM
^ Salaam,

Well put.

CosmicPathos
01-22-2012, 04:43 PM
not much responses to the topic. :S

MustafaMc
01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
These women start talking about changes over time within a species such as bacteria developing resistance to antibiotics. This can be referred to as micro evolution or adaptation of a species to changes in its environment. I agree that there are natural genetic means for this to occur.

The women proceed to make false claims that basically evolution is the cornerstone upon which our scientific understanding has developed. This is completely false as sciences such as genetics and molecular biology developed independently of the Theory of Evolution - which one of them even falsely claimed was not a theory.

My opinion is that it is an embarassment of the educational system that these women have PhD's and yet have so little ability to think critically.

Abz2000
01-22-2012, 11:28 PM
they think their ancestors were half beasts that got rammed by full beasts and they came out, let them feel like animals if they want,
they act like it anyways, do you see dogs and pigs wearing clothes?
our job is just to put the guidance there and pass on the message so they can reflect and come out of their media and alcohol induced dillusion
they can enjoy the idea of their parents committing bestiality if they like, good on 'em.
there are always those who will use their "brute" brains and come to the truth.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!