/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asalamu Alaikum

UmmuShaheed
01-22-2012, 12:56 AM
I recently joined this forum, introduced to me by a friend
Im from the U.S, born and raised a Muslim, Alhamdulilah.

I learned some great things as a guest browsing the forum before I decided to join. I've noticed some people have been on here for awhile (old-timers he he )
Mashallah, they seem to have formed some sort of family.. Inshallah I hope to benefit from other people and hope to be able to have them benefit from me.
I have some questions,
1. When I try to reply to certain threads it wont allow me to (for ex. the advice section) but it was brought to my attention that you have to have 50 posts to be a full member, if I'm not allowed to post things, how am I going to be able to become a full member? (at times it does allow me to though, thats what has me confused)
2. Why does a sister have to have 300 posts in order to join the sisters section, shouldn't new sisters be allowed to benefit from that section and ask questions there as well? (I have sent a request to join) Getting to 300 posts is going to take quite some time.
May Allah Bless the people who started this forum, and everyone else that contributes to it in a beneficial way.
Jazakallahu Khayr
Asalamu Alaikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
UmmuShaheed
01-22-2012, 12:58 AM
Oh, and is it possible for someone who posted a thread to delete it without being an administrator?

-GhareebInshalla

peace_maker
01-22-2012, 02:28 PM
:wa: Pleased to have you here, sister. Welcome to the forums. :)
format_quote Originally Posted by GhareebInshalla
1. When I try to reply to certain threads it wont allow me to (for ex. the advice section) but it was brought to my attention that you have to have 50 posts to be a full member, if I'm not allowed to post things, how am I going to be able to become a full member? (at times it does allow me to though, thats what has me confused)
As far as I know, the Advice Section and Introduce Yourself forum are the only places you won't be allowed to post, apart from closed threads. Because only Sisters' and Brothers' section members can post in advice section and you can only reply to your own introduction thread. And yes, you need to make 50 posts to become a full member.... Check this- http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...imited_mem_ber
2. Why does a sister have to have 300 posts in order to join the sisters section, shouldn't new sisters be allowed to benefit from that section and ask questions there as well?
Rules are rules. :)
Oh, and is it possible for someone who posted a thread to delete it without being an administrator?
You'll be allowed to edit your posts after becoming a full member. But deleting posts and threads is not going to happen soon. I'm not sure anyway. I hope some admin/mod will answer that for you, inshaallah. :)

Ameer Hamza
01-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the forums.

I learned some great things as a guest browsing the forum before I decided to join. I've noticed some people have been on here for awhile (old-timers he he )
Mashallah, they seem to have formed some sort of family.. Inshallah I hope to benefit from other people and hope to be able to have them benefit from me.
Inshallah
This is a place where u can learn Islam and other thing in different ways

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
UmmuShaheed
01-22-2012, 06:37 PM
I guess I have some posting to do :)
But Jazakallahu khayr sister Inshallah ill get the hang of it

Haya emaan
01-23-2012, 07:39 AM
walaikum assalam

welcome to the forum sister

hope you have a beneficial stay here

2. Why does a sister have to have 300 posts in order to join the sisters section, shouldn't new sisters be allowed to benefit from that section and ask questions there as well? (I have sent a request to join) Getting to 300 posts is going to take quite some time.
this is to ensure the privacy and safety of the section and sisters on the forum. when you are done with 300 posts and proved your self you will be allowed to benefit from the section if you wish to.. soon you will realize the need of it:) until then you can find many beneficial places here to participate in..

No, full members cannot delete the thread or a post but can only edit their own posts..

hope your participation will be beneficial for us too.
have a nice stay

sis muslimah
01-24-2012, 02:33 AM
:wa:

:welcome: to the forum sis

Ğħαrєєвαħ
01-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Wa Alaaykum AsSalaam

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah..

Galaxy
01-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Aslaamu alaykum, you're already part of the family!;D

UmmuShaheed
01-29-2012, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
Wa Alaaykum AsSalaam

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself inshaa'Allaah..
Jazakallahu khayr sister
Inshallah it will :)

UmmuShaheed
01-29-2012, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
Aslaamu alaykum, you're already part of the family!;D
Jazakallah for your kindness sis :)

Paprika
01-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Salaams,

Haru naam che, Ghareeb Inshaallah. Poor if Allah wills...

By the way I am Paprika, and I'm not from Pakistan....

Riana17
01-30-2012, 09:30 AM
Asalam Alaikkum Ukhteee

Welcome to the family!!!!
Hope you will have a beneficial stay with us, Ameen ya Rabb

UmmuShaheed
01-30-2012, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
Salaams,

Haru naam che, Ghareeb Inshaallah. Poor if Allah wills...

By the way I am Paprika, and I'm not from Pakistan....
Jazakallah Paprika,
Im not from Pakistan either lol
btw what language is that?

UmmuShaheed
01-30-2012, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Asalam Alaikkum Ukhteee

Welcome to the family!!!!
Hope you will have a beneficial stay with us, Ameen ya Rabb

Jazakallahu Khayr Ukhti :) Ameen, I have benefited a lot Alhamdulilah

Paprika
01-31-2012, 06:40 AM
Jazakallah Paprika,
Im not from Pakistan either lol
btw what language is that?
No praablem, it's gujji

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!