/* */

PDA

View Full Version : GOING FOR UMRAH inshallah Ya Rabb

Riana17
01-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Asalam Alaikkum to all,

I hope you are all in good health and strong Imaan.

We are planning to go for Umrah for the 1st time this March inshallah (with husband & mom in law)
Inshallah we will go by road

I have zero clue so I would like to have your experience on where to book a good hotel and where did you get a good offer? We prefer 4Star, but 3Star is not bad as long as it is clean

Thanks alot in advance... inshallah ya Rabb

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
01-23-2012, 09:42 AM
:salamext:

MashaAllaah, congratulations!!!

UmmuShaheed
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Mashallah congrats :)
May Allah accept your prayers and duas

Scimitar
02-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Allahu Akbar.

I'm very pleased for you. Remember us all in your duas.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
02-05-2012, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Asalam Alaikkum to all,

We are planning to go for Umrah for the 1st time this March inshallah (with husband & mom in law)

I have zero clue so I would like to have your experience on where to book a good hotel and where did you get a good offer? We prefer 4Star, but 3Star is not bad as long as it is clean

:wasalamex

It's best to get a hotel that is right next to the Haram. It not only saves time walking a long distance to your hotel from the Haram (and vice versa) but also makes life easier if you need to use the bathroom (you REALLY don't want to use the public toilets). Safwa Towers is one of the best hotels and is pretty much connected to the boundaries of the entrance to the Haram so I recommend you try to that. If it's too pricy then any hotel near/next the Haram is good, but my advice is not to get any hotel that is longer than a 5 minute walk. Anything longer than that may get a little burdensome.

Hotels which are about 5 minutes walk are the Ramada and the Shuhada Hotel to name but a few. There are loads of hotels there, but again get the one closest to the Haram. It's something you will appreciate when it comes to the times of prayer along with other benefits.

A-Brother
02-05-2012, 06:57 PM
We Stayed At Hateem Towers In Makkah - Ibrahim Al Khaleel Road

Madinah - Taybah Hotel

In Makkah Just Purchase A Simple Hotel - Most The Time You Spend In Haram Any Way.

Use This - Will Be Useful - - -
http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...rchasable.html

Galaxy
02-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Insha Allah you'll find a nice hotel and have a good time in Umrah

Periwinkle18
02-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Asalam Alaikkum to all,

MashaAllah congrats sis :) pray for me too ive neva gone for umrah or hajj and i so want to :)

Abz2000
02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
salamz sis, may Allah accept your 'Umrah,
we went for the first time in ramadan, it was beautiful, we landed and went to Makkah and found shuraim and sudais reciting taraweeh as soon as we got out of the car,
was beautiful,
and another nice thing was that everything was open at night so we were able to roam around without the sun killing us.
we got our hotels at ibrahim khaleel street for both umrah and hajj,
As brother Abdul Latif said, it is useful to get a hotel near Al Masjid Al Haraam as it is convenient and you can spend more time there, you can also catch prayers at it even if you run late.
our hotel at umrah wasnt expensive but it was clean, hajj had us arguing a lot though, so it is good to make sure you are shown on a map the EXACT location of your hotel and u confirm that it is clean, or you may end up arguing when u get there and regretting it later.

are you going with a mu'allim?
they sometimes check at the airport to ensure you have someone to guide you about.

it is beautiful though, we climbed to the top of jabal an-nur during fasting and prayed two rakah in the cave of hira.
i also picked up a small loose rock from there as a souvenir.
look at it once in a while and smile.

if you ever need to go hospital - ask the cabbie for "mustasfah an-noor"
it is more organised and has shorter waiting times than the one near the mosque.
the one near the mosque is rowdy and people are busy and bad tempered.
(that was back in '04, not sure how it is now)

always keep a little armband with your hotel number and cell number on the kids and yourselves,
you can pick up sim cards there for cheap.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lost-Found-Kids-personalised-ID-Wristband-Tags-X-5-1-Permanent-Marker-CD-Pen-/220927292060?pt=UK_Boys_Accessories&hash=item33704 af29c#ht_1200wt_1396

peace

Riana17
02-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Asalam Alaikkum
Thank you all for helping, my husband suggest a very simple hotel, he said he dont wanna be disturbed by glittering or anything luxurious. He dont mind eating on the street restaurant too

We are still confuse,he seems to be looking for Ramadan timing, because of rewards
However I have noted your replies, thanks alot

I am really looking forward to it, too many of my coworker gone&come back:(

'Abd-al Latif
02-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Asalam Alaikkum
Thank you all for helping, my husband suggest a very simple hotel, he said he dont wanna be disturbed by glittering or anything luxurious. He dont mind eating on the street restaurant too

We are still confuse,he seems to be looking for Ramadan timing, because of rewards
However I have noted your replies, thanks alot

I am really looking forward to it, too many of my coworker gone&come back:(
You may not like something glittery, but the closer the hotel is to the Haram the higher the chances are that you will be satisfied with your place of stay. Sure, Safwa Towers is a 5 star hotel (or is it 7 star?) but you feel assured that the place you are staying is well-maintained and free from any unwelcome surprises. The further the hotels are from the Haram, the more you want to avoid them (really!). The luxury and comfort may be something you want to avoid, but its benefits are something you really should consider.

Eating on the streets is something everyone does and a good hotel won't stop you from this, especially when it comes to those shops that only sell Arab dishes (as you will see halal fast food restaurants like KFC, Burger King etc) . People lay out their mats next to an empty corner or wall and eat; it really is lovely.

My advice is just not to compromise on accommodation. When I went for Hajj, I felt assured that my luggage was safe and I was able to wholly concentrate during 'Umrah, tawaaf etc and I was very grateful afterwards that the case was so.

Haya emaan
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
sister i agree with the brother.. the place you will choose to live will really matter there.. it has its psychological effects. neatly organized place and your room will give you peace of mind and will help you only concentrate on your ibadah. when you come back late night from haram you will need some peaceful rest so that you can wake up early morning in tahajjud.
secondly if it will be near you will not become tired soon and you can give much of your time to ibadah.

A-Brother
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
May Allah Guide You - May Allah Make It Easy For You - May Allah Choose What Is Right And Better For You And Your Condition/Situation

Reflections
02-06-2012, 09:46 PM
And also the dodgy hotels are often the ones which are not safe to keep belongings..remember they have access to each and every room so if you have any valuables or alot of money hanging around there is a big chance of it being stolen..theft if big in makkah and madina unfortunately..if you stay in a decent hotel less chance of that happening insha'Allah. Hotel most certainly does make a difference..mine was an 8 minute walk..doesn't seem like much but it still was a bit of a walk to go to and fro every time you wanted to go to your room. May Allah make everything easy for you and most importantly, remember us all in your du3aas there.

Ramadhan
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
:sl:

we stayed in a 3 star hotel behind Makkah clock tower/zamzam in the small street between hilton and zam zam. nice, clean, very close to haram/ka'bah.
It's called Eiman inn, close to this simple pakistani restaurant who sells this mouth watering roti and potato and meat curry... yyuuummers!

In Madinah, we stayed at Al Haram hotel, the second row from masjid nabawi.

I really recommend both hotels.

Ramadhan
02-08-2012, 11:13 AM
and I agree with previous comments: the closer to the masjids the better.
There are some nice good simple hotels on the second, third, fourth rows behind the big glitzy hotels in both cities.

Riana17
02-08-2012, 01:03 PM
ASalam Alaikkum

I see they do not have website, how did you book through Eiman Inn Al-Hijra Hotel

Thanks for sharing, it is 3star and looking clean, that's all we need.

Is it 10Minutes walk for real?

ardianto
02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
:sl:

Congratulation sister.

May Allah give you easiness in your umrah journey.

Ramadhan
02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
ASalam Alaikkum

I see they do not have website, how did you book through Eiman Inn Al-Hijra Hotel

Thanks for sharing, it is 3star and looking clean, that's all we need.

Is it 10Minutes walk for real?
:wa:

we booked a package, so the tour arranged everything. I think yes it is Eiman Inn Al Hijra because it is on Hijra st, and I think it was formerly called Dar al Salam. it is located not even 10 minutes walk (well, I walk pretty fast:) ) from the main gate (king abdul azis? the one right across hilton, and flanked by the clock tower complex and intercontinental).
It is also close to Bin Dawood supermarket and there are a number of real good simple indian/pakistan restaurants around it.

But please always remember that you are there to perform ibada, and to dedicate yourself, your time and your energy mostly for Allah, so please do not expect the level of service like what you normally encounter in hotels in the gulf or in south east asian countries.
There were also little things that could have irritated about the hotel, but nothing major. and I tried to be patient and kept in mind that I was there not to enjoy hotel facilities and service, but I only needed a good, clean, secure place to sleep with close location to the haram. The food served in the hotel was not too bad also.

Ramadhan
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Also please check eiman inn dar al asalam out on googlemaps with satellite view to get the feel of its location and how close it is to haram.
It is just right behind movenpick and hilton, but with maybe only half the price of the prices they charged at the more swanky hotels.
Oh I remember one thing, one of the lifts (I think there were only two or three lifts) were not working for a period of time. And sometimes our patience is tested, but it's nothing really, and another thing I took lessons from the trip was that we must keep our patience.

Darth Ultor
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM
May Allah accept your Umrah

Signor
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Masha-Allah Sister,Don't forget to remember all the muslims in your duas

Assalamo Alaikum

A-Brother
02-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Jazakallah For The Advice

1.Contentment
2.Patience
3.Keep On Reminding One Self The Purpose Of Being There.

aamirsaab
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Survival tips:
1) Make sure every member of your party has their own key to the hotel room. You will be tired on the day you arrive as you will have to complete the entire umrah on that day (tawaf by itself isn't that hard, but you add on 7 miles walking...you gonna feel it). You'll want to rest asap believe me.

2) Take a bag or something for your shoes and keep it with you at all times.

3) There are plenty of food places near the haram. Personally I would recommend the pakistani take aways. Firstly because I am a pakistani. And secondly because they have very reasonable prices for good food (about 10 riyals for some rice and kofta plus drink). The kfcs, burger kings and whatnot are considerably more expensive (from 30 riyals onwards for a standard meal). Not saying you can't have them but just know you can get stuff for 1 third of that price on the same street.

There's also a supermarket called bin dawoods for your groceries etc should you need any.

4) Personally, I would recommend doing tawafs early in the morning (just before fajr and dhur tend to be ideal) but basically go whenever it is relatively quiet. It takes around 15 minutes on average to do a full tawaf session - so it is entirely possible to do several in one day. If you're lucky, you can do it in about 10 ;)

5) Safa and marwah: this is a beast the first time mainly because of jet lag and you're tired etc. I would definitely recommend you do a second umrah to get the right experience because it actually isn't that difficult and you will enjoy it more.

And that about wraps everything up. Just make sure you enjoy your journey ;)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum

masha'Allaah!

Congratulations, sis, may Allaah make it a easy and a beautifull journey for you, Aameen

Also, please keep us all in your du'aa..

JazaakiAllaah khaayr for informing us.

S_87
02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
:Sl:

alot of the hotels between and behind the hilton/abraj towers are closed as they are marked for demolition so loads of hotels people may recommend are probably closed atm. if you want close but not quite 5* look on ajyad street which is the street opposite the kings palace inshaAllah

other than that where shohada hotel/ramada hotel is is a good area though it is a bit of a walk (approx 7 mins- i get tired when i walk that and i have been doing so at night when it isnt so hot- the weather is warming up again and alot of umrah groups have started coming in so it will be quite busy

as for toilets-avoid public ones especially on way from makkah to madina. madina shopping to me seems to have a lot more variety for the hujjaj aswell as a little cheaper in the bits and bobs. abayas-well youll see for yourself :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!