/* */

PDA

View Full Version : dad going on bad websites?

anonymous
01-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Salam brothers and sisters,

My dad has been spending a lot of time on the computer by himself the past couple weeks. He is an old 60 year old man with many health problems so he doesn't work he stays at home all day. I was wondering what he would do on the computer because he really doesn't have anything so i've been seeing the websites he goes to istukhfirallah they are very dirty websites with dirty videos if you know what i mean...

I don't know what I should do because i feel like my dad could pass away at any minute because of his health and he always acts like he is a great muslim telling me hadith from prophet muhammad and things about islam all the time, we also go to Friday prayer ever week too but he goes to these websites almost every day now. Should I tell my mom who is extremely religious and a perfect Muslim? I also am guilty because I used to look at these kinds of websites but alhamdulllah i stopped a long time ago and I'm only 19 years old....

What is the best way to handle this situation? I don't want to embarrass my dad and myself and I don't want him to keep going to these websites anymore please help me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
01-25-2012, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salam brothers and sisters,

My dad has been spending a lot of time on the computer by himself the past couple weeks. He is an old 60 year old man with many health problems so he doesn't work he stays at home all day. I was wondering what he would do on the computer because he really doesn't have anything so i've been seeing the websites he goes to istukhfirallah they are very dirty websites with dirty videos if you know what i mean...

I don't know what I should do because i feel like my dad could pass away at any minute because of his health and he always acts like he is a great muslim telling me hadith from prophet muhammad and things about islam all the time, we also go to Friday prayer ever week too but he goes to these websites almost every day now. Should I tell my mom who is extremely religious and a perfect Muslim? I also am guilty because I used to look at these kinds of websites but alhamdulllah i stopped a long time ago and I'm only 19 years old....

What is the best way to handle this situation? I don't want to embarrass my dad and myself and I don't want him to keep going to these websites anymore please help me
:sl:

I would not reccomend you tell your mother about this as it may provoke friction between them, nor do i think you should approach your father about such an issue as it is highly sensative. Do you also use that computer? If so then maybe you can download an adult website blocker onto your computer which does not allow the viewing of any website with adult content. That would be the best approach as then there would be no way he would be able to view such content. A good adult website blocker is k9:

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

On top of that you should give him a gift sometime of a good Islamic book or even e mail him or send him good lectures, consisting of avoiding major sins and about death, the grave and the hereafter as such reminders are very beneficial in developing taqwa.

Also try to see your father for his positive attributes and the good he has done for you and your family. He is a human like all of us and so is vulnerable to following his desires at times as we all are, so see him in a good and positive light and have faith that he will overcome this problem as i am sure it also bothers him and it is something he also wants to stop.

So be the best towards him and spend time with him maybe even learning about Islam with him, listening to lectures, recitation etc so that he is kept occupied as boredom and sitting around idle is dagerous as one gets attacked by shaythan at all angles.

Most of all make much dua for him that Allah enables him to stop this act. Ask of Allah to forgive him and guide him. Also do the best you can to get closer to Allah doing everything to please him and refraining from anything which angers or displeases him.

May Allah enable your father to stop such an act and get closer to Allah. May Allah give you and your family the best of this world and the next. Ameen

tigerkhan
01-25-2012, 06:42 AM
:sl:
brother, personally i blv u should not do investigation in his matters. bcz islam forbid us to do "tajjasus". secondaly as u told he is weak and old, so surely he is alone and bore, let him involved in some good activity as brother hamza said, some good book, or some good documentary etc.
dont tell anyone about his sins bcz its a very big sin to disclose one sins in public.

Riana17
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Asalam

Yes I agree with everyone, he is your father and dont think because of his sin you will feel less about him.

Yes I think you just have to blocked the websites because he will be very ashame to ask others to fix those sites for him.

Goodluck inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!