/* */

PDA

View Full Version : does sins lead to depression?

Ramadan90
01-25-2012, 08:38 PM
ASA,

Has it happened to you that when you make sins(like leaving salah out of laziness or sometimes forget, other sins) you get depressed? Then when you make tawbah and pray again you get happy and content? Today was a bad day for me(due to many sins I made today that I repented from) and I was depressed and everything, I turned off the computer and made repentence and prayed my isha salah and now I am so happy in my heart. This is not the first time it happens, it happens on and off. I really need to stop do sins, its so difficult. Has this happened to you?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
01-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Based upon personal experience, yeah. They may give you temporary enjoyment but it doesn't last, the happiness only lasts when you live a righteous life, even then you may be tested and things may not go the way you want but at least your not losing your akhira in the process.

tigerkhan
01-26-2012, 05:23 AM
:sl:
this is related to human psyche. when u set a goal for urself and u achieve it, u will be happy and if else that depress u.
being muslim, our main goal is to please Allah swt so if we do some sin, that depress us and if we repent it give us release. its a sign of good muslim and strong iman. bcz its said that momin feel a sin like a montain falling on him and munafiq (hypocrite) took sins very light and he/she feel no shame for his/her sins.

~ Sabr ~
01-26-2012, 08:32 AM
:wasalamex

I think it leads to depression if you have strong Imaan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdullahi E
01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Yes this is not for you only akhi this is for every one .Coz Allah saied in the Quran '' 'Ala bidikrillah tatma'inul qulub' in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest(13:28)

Ramadan90
01-26-2012, 08:39 PM
ASA,

Thank you for your replies brother and sisters.

A lot of what you are saying makes a lot of sense.

UmmuShaheed
01-27-2012, 02:02 AM
I agree, when we please Allah, we will become happy and content.
Although it seems hard, we all make mistakes but repenting is the key.
Whenever your about to commit a sin, remember the moment when your in front of Allah and your life is being played infront of you. Your the one deciding how the "movie" ends.

Txyib
01-27-2012, 02:08 AM
salam
with personal experience i say that i totally agree with you because once you start doing sins it become froms a habit to a addiction,its really hard to stop even thou you know the punishments
la hawla may allah protects us in this world and hereafter and save us from the torments of the fire Ameen!!!
wasalam
محمد طيب

rafhelp
06-04-2018, 08:11 PM
it depends on the faith you have in your hearth and how close you are to Allah. For example if you have children they do wrong things, you will punish them but still 'love' them and want them to change their ways and become close again.
When someone of weak faith sins shaytaan make sit all fair seeming unto them, he gives them a reason to not feel guilty, he tells them you HAVE to do this and that sin, because there is no choice or it is better, or beause he never liked you anyway, or they deserve it etc... So a disbeliever will have little guilt in fact he will only see the reward in the sin.

A muslim or believer in God will feel guilty and scared due to the faith in their heart and their heart which tells them it is taking them away from Allah, also you will also see some of the reward of the sin but the faith will help overcome and fight back.

Depression from this kind of thing shows that you are happier when you are closer to Allah and sinning takes you away form Allah and depression is the side effect. So stop sinning and return to the right path

Alamgir
06-04-2018, 10:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadan90
ASA,

Has it happened to you that when you make sins(like leaving salah out of laziness or sometimes forget, other sins) you get depressed? Then when you make tawbah and pray again you get happy and content? Today was a bad day for me(due to many sins I made today that I repented from) and I was depressed and everything, I turned off the computer and made repentence and prayed my isha salah and now I am so happy in my heart. This is not the first time it happens, it happens on and off. I really need to stop do sins, its so difficult. Has this happened to you?
Walaikum Asalam

It shows your repentance is sincere, and that you truly regret committing the action.

Every Muslim should experience this when they sin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!