/* */

PDA

View Full Version : German legal threat to stop Hitler memoir extracts

marwen
01-26-2012, 11:33 AM
A British publisher is controversially planning to publish excerpts of Hitler’s memoir “Mein Kampf” in Germany, along with a critical commentary. But the state of Bavaria, which holds the copyright, is threatening legal action to prevent publication of “The Unreadable Book”.
“It’s not like the German perspective. The British perspective would be… if this is something you don’t like, you don’t hide it and hope it goes away, you confront it, you discuss it, you criticise it,” said Peter McGee, Head of Albertas Ltd, the publisher.
A prominent German Jewish organisation has said that if Mein Kampf has to be published, it is better for it to appear with notes. But others have attacked the move.
“I have to condemn it because it’s only about making money. They want to make money under the pretext of breaking down a taboo. For me it’s tasteless,” said historian Stefanie Schueler-Springorum.

Three years ago Bavaria failed to stop extracts of old Nazi newspapers from being published by the same company.
Opinions remain divided on whether the latest booklet is a historical aid, or commercial opportunism

euronews

"Western Double Standard" ? I dunno why this expression came to my mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!