/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Free Syrian Army 'captures Iranian soldiers'

Maryan0
01-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Free Syrian Army 'captures Iranian soldiers'
Defected troops say detainees prove Iran's backing of Syrian regime's crackdown on protesters.

Members of the Free Syrian Army (FSA) say they have taken hostage seven Iranians, five of whom were allegedly soldiers complicit in the Syrian government's violent crackdown on protesters in the opposition-controlled city of Homs.

The Farouk Brigade of the FSA, an umbrella group of members of the country's security forces who defected to protect civilians from the government's attacks, say they will not release the hostages until the government frees a defected army officer and ends the prolonged military siege on Homs.

A video released by the FSA fighters purports to show five of the captured Iranians and their identity cards, which allegedly reveal that they are part of Iran's security forces. The defected troops say the other two hostages were civilians.

In the video, the hostages appear to admit to operating as snipers who were targeting civilians under the direct supervision of Syria's Air Force Security unit.

The Syrian National Council, a leading opposition group, says the development helps confirm reports from refugees who fled the country's violence and from opposition leaders in Syria, that the Iranian government, a close ally of Damascus, has been backing the 10-month crackdown.

Still, there are concerns about the veracity of the FSA's claims that the five hostages are actually soldiers.

Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reported that all five names of the hostages match the names of five Iranian engineers abducted in December. The names of the engineers were listed by Iranian media.

Johnston added that at least one of the Iranians in the FSA video bears a striking resemblance to a kidnapped engineer.

On the other hand, Abdulrazzak Tlas, a leader of the Farouk Brigade, told Al Jazeera that the video released by the group was accurate and that the hostages are really members of Iran's security forces.

Haider Ali, one of the hostages, said in the video: "I am a member of the revolutionary armed forces of Iran. I am leader of a five-member special team. I entered Syria on October 16, 2011. The others entered Syria on different dates."

He continued: "I and my team members, with the support of Syrian security-intelligence forces, were involved in suppressing and shooting ordinary Syrians. We killed a lot of people, including women and children, in the city of Homs.

"We urge Iran's supreme military leader [Ayatollah Ali] Khamenei to order the Iranian military personnel who suppress the Syrians to be repatriated from Syria, so we can also return home."

The other hostages stated their names as Ahmad Aziz Askari, Hasan Hasani, Majid Qanbari and Kyumars Qobadi. It was not possible to determine if the confession was forced.

In an earlier interview with Al Jazeera, a member of the Farouk Brigade who called himself Abu Bassem, stressed that the group was not biased against Shias.

"We are not sectarian," he said. "We ask Iran to admit they sent members of Revolutionary Guards to Syria."

He said Iran had until January 28 to withdraw all of the country's security forces from Syria.

When pressed about what would happen should the deadline lapse, Bassem said: "We are not terrorists, criminals or killers. We are against anyone who threatens innocent Syrians."

He continued: "We caught these people, they were armed. They are snipers. They were killing our Syrian brethren. We will try, God willing, to return them to their families safely, but given the difficult circumstances Homs is experiencing, we cannot guarantee their safety."
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...104163682.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
01-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Salaam,

I'm not sure if this is true. Interesting article...

Maryan0
01-29-2012, 02:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I'm not sure if this is true. Interesting article...
Not sure either but if it is Ahmadinejad is a very good politician...
Salam

GuestFellow
01-29-2012, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
Not sure either but if it is Ahmadinejad is a very good politician...
Salam
Salaam,

I disagree with you to a certain extent. I don't consider Ahmadinejad to be a good politician. I'm aware he speaks eloquently, but most of it is rhetoric which is designed to distract the Iranian people from the serious issues facing their country like unemployment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Maryan0
01-30-2012, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I disagree with you to a certain extent. I don't consider Ahmadinejad to be a good politician. I'm aware he speaks eloquently, but most of it is rhetoric which is designed to distract the Iranian people from the serious issues facing their country like unemployment.
That was my point...Politicians= dishonest. Although that isn't always the case.
Salam

karimium
01-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Iran is in a difficult spot, they have no allies, so they have to make friends with kafirs like Asad and countries like Russia and China who are killing muslims in their provinces.

Asad and his clan have long left the fold of Islam, mixing hinduism, christianty with Islam, buthering the Aqeedah of Islam to something that doesn't even resemble Islam. But the Shia Ulema still recognise Asad and the Alawhites as Shia muslims (they're not). It's all for politics.

I don't want to sound like a wahabi, but these days I'm sounding more and more like them. This is wrong, I'm completly against the wahabi, and I know that part of the plan of the west is to create a dividing wedge between Sunni and Shia muslims, it serves their interest. But it has to be said, The Shia faith has been a springboard for all sorts of deviants and made up religions, like the Druze, Alawhites and the Bahai, becasuse they are too casual with their approach and allow for bidah to take place. And before you know it bidah on top of bidah on top of bidah, and you end up with something that cannot even be considered remotely close to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!