/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Internet security software

Crystal
01-28-2012, 02:52 PM
As Salaam Alaykum

What is the best internet security software? My yearly norton security just ended a few days ago but you have to keep buying it which is annoying. I heard norton also isn't the best. Any other ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
01-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Walaykum Salaam,

Do you run a Windows computer?

The easiest thing to get is Windows Security Essentials. It is free and it keeps updating to fight viruses and malware.

Also, if you think your computer might be infected, try malwarebytes. It's another great and free solution to fighting unwanted things on your computer.

Security Essentials
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ity-essentials

Malware Bytes
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Tyrion
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
AVG has always worked for me. It's free too.

Dagless
01-28-2012, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
Windows Security Essentials. It is free and it keeps updating to fight viruses and malware.
+1 for MSE. Definitely don't pay for security software when there are so many great free programs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
01-28-2012, 05:19 PM
same here, i repair them for a living and security essentials does the job well for myself and for customers along with malwarebytes,
plus it's lifetime

Crystal
01-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the advice yeah I use windows 7. Is that windows essentials programme different from windows firewall that's already with your computer when you get it?

Dagless
01-28-2012, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
Thanks for the advice yeah I use windows 7. Is that windows essentials programme different from windows firewall that's already with your computer when you get it?
Yep. MSE is to stop malicious software. The firewall is to stop unwanted connections to your computer.

Salahudeen
01-28-2012, 07:36 PM
If you use online banking, many banks provide commercial internet security for free. My bank provides Kaspersky.

Crystal
01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
cool thanks for the advice everyone I downloaded the microsoft essentials programme. I can also download McAfee from university as I am a student but it did say when I was installing essentials that if you have another virus protector software that it can come into conflict with essentials and cause problems so I don't think its a good idea to install anything else

Good brother
01-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Zone alarm--Firewall !

Abz2000
01-29-2012, 12:30 AM
yup, conflicting antiviruses can really cause you a lot of stress, just tie your camel and trust in Allah

Al-manar
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
peace

IF one wants the ultimate protection from any viruses ,undesired modifications to the pc .... there is the magical thing called Deep freeze !!!

http://www.faronics.com/en-uk/standa...-freeze_en-uk/

If anything mess with your pc ..you just need to restart ...... and everything is gonna be OK ...

unlike deep freeze , antivirus programs would consume the memory and won't give you the ultimate protection...

If you still would like to use antivirus then I recomment Eset nod .... it is strong and won't cause the PC to get slow compared to other programms as Kasper ,norton etc...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!