/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to look at cartoon characters who dress inappropiately?

Moneeb
01-28-2012, 06:21 PM
AA
I mean I ask my dad and he said it is a cartoon. Not real. I wanna make sure. Is it haram to look at cartoon characters or video game characters or online characters that dress inappropiately? For example, a woman cartoon wearing a bikini, girls dress with shorts or show belly button, etc. Is it haram or no? They arent real but I wanna know. Thank you and JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
01-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wb,

Even if cartoons aren't real, they're depicting something that is haram to look at in reality. It's sort of like asking 'is it ok to read a rude story because you're not seeing anything?' You're brain is still processing descriptions that are associated with the forbidden.

My son did a simple experiment on me to prove the effectiveness of subliminal messages. He asked me to think of two shapes but not tell him. When I'd thought of them, he then told me I'd thought of a square and a triangle. I was like "How did you know?" :ooh:
He said that while he was asking me the question he had made the shapes with hand gestures. And while I hadn't noticed it, my brain obviously did and I'd ended up saying the shapes he'd wanted me to see.

So if this is the effect subtle images have on the mind, then imagine how explicit images/information affects the brain/thoughts. If not now, then they will at a later stage. So avoid all such cartoons. In fact avoid all TV unless it is Islamic programs you are watching. It's important we feel haya, since haya is directly related to one's iman.

- The Prophet (s) said, “Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya’ is a part of faith.” (Bukhari)

What does haya’ have to do with iman?

• Your conviction determines how you see things and how you react to things
  • Whatever you have faith in will produce haya’ in relation to that thing
  • The stronger your belief in Allah, you realize you’re always in the presence of Allah subhaanhu wa ta’ala. The connection is there and thus that triggers haya’
  • The more haya’ you have and exercise the stronger your iman becomes
  • Haya’ will encourage the things that strengthen your iman and discourage things that weaken your iman
  • They increase each other all the way until you reach a level that Allah is pleased with you (i.e. no limit)

The Prophet (s) said, “Iman and Haya’ are like twins, they go hand in hand .” (Hakim)

Moneeb
02-01-2012, 02:17 AM
JazakAllah Khair
But a few questions
But what if you think of girls but it is just because your hormones changing and such and everyone goes to it but you avoid them. I think sometimes but all the time because I remember Allah(swt) often and I avoid doing such things to girls and I avoid being close or touched by them

And so if I read a book that talks about something like a girl and explains her clothing which is inappropriate, it is still haram?

CosmicPathos
02-01-2012, 02:29 AM
We all been there man, long time ago, when puberty started, perhaps at age 11?

It is haram to think of girls. If the thought pops up in your brain randomly then there is no sin on you. But if you pay heed to the thought, create fantasies of erotic nature around the thought, you are sinning. I hope i helped.

It is good that you do not let girls touch you, be careful, one of them did not even spare Prophet Yusuf (as). Be very careful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Moneeb
02-02-2012, 03:04 AM
But I thought you get sins for actions. I remember this Hadith
n the authority of Ibn 'Abbaas, radiAllaahu anhu, from the Messenger of Allaah, sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam, from what he has related from his Lord, tabaaraka wa ta'aalaa, that He said :

Verily Allaah ta'aalaa has written down the Good deeds and the Evil deeds, and then explained it [by saying] : Whosoever intended to perform a Good deed, but did not do it, then Allaah writes it down with Himself as a complete Good deed. And if he intended to perform it and then did perform it, then Allaah writes it down with Himself as from ten Good deeds upto seven hundred times, upto many times multiplied. And if he intended to perform an Evil deed, but did not do it, then Allaah writes it down with Him as a complete Good deed. And if he intended it [ie. the evil deed] and then performed it, then Allaah writes it down as one Evil deed.
It was related by al-Bukhaaree and Muslim in their two Saheehs in these words.

CosmicPathos
02-02-2012, 05:03 AM
well you get sins for actions but thinking consciously again and again about women is also an 'action.'

Moneeb
02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
Okay good. My dad warned me about that and I think Allah more than girls. Alhamdulilah. Inshallah we all have thikr in the Ummah. JazakAllah Khair for helping me. I have one question.
Is it okay to read something that has little romance or some?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!