/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do you wear the hijab or niqab? liberating or oppressed?

syed1
01-28-2012, 07:49 PM
First please state whether you wear the Hijab or NIqab?

if so, why do you wear it? do you find it liberating or oppressing ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Galaxy
01-29-2012, 01:17 AM
:sl:
I wear hijaab because Allah commanded us to do so. I feel totally liberated alhamdulillaah. Allah knows what's best for us. :p

Darth Ultor
01-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Isn't there over 9000 topics about this?

UmmuShaheed
01-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Asalamu Alaikum
Brief summary..
I wear hijab because Allah commanding me to do so, and the purpose in me (and any other human) living is to please Allah.
I wear niqab because it brings me closer to Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed1
01-29-2012, 02:40 AM
well some feminist would argue that the quran does not specifically mention a hijab, rather that it merely says you must cover your adornments etc. what do you have to say to that

Darth Ultor
01-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Do men have to have their heads covered too? I know men also must dress modestly.

Who Am I?
01-29-2012, 04:47 AM
I thought I just saw another thread about this yesterday.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!