/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Liam Neeson considers converting to Islam following trip to Istanbul

Muslim Woman
01-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Salaam

By Kirsty Mccormack

He may have been named after the local priest in his Irish hometown but Liam Neeson could be leaving his Roman Catholic beliefs behind.

The 59-year-old actor is said to be considering converting to Islam following a working trip to Istanbul.

According to The Sun, Neeson admitted that Islamic prayer 'got into his spirit' while he was filming in Turkey

'The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing,' he said.

'There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim.'

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
01-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Subhanallah

May Allah guide him to the right path, Amen.

We enjoyed many of his movies not to mention the Schindler's List & Taken

Muslim Woman
01-29-2012, 05:32 PM
:sl:

he is not a Muslim yet and look what reactions he is getting :hmm:

Some reactions from people who heard his interview:

I was going to go and see his new film 'The Grey' this weekend, now I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it knowing his new views

Congratulations Heebywood, you've made another white celebrity lose his mind.

I guess that if you want more roles, you can either adopt a kid from Africa or become muslim. I suppose that just converting to judaism is too blatant

I like Neeson as an actor but if he does convert to this rancid goat f...g evil I won't be watching any film he's in again

Muslim Woman
01-29-2012, 05:42 PM

some more views of others :

I wonder how the Jews will react to this. They hate Muslims even more than they hate Whites

Any Westerner who converts to a foreign religion is an aimless loser who should be forgotten.

typical dumbass....

Nobody is stopping him from praying the Divine Office (Liturgy of the Hours) 5 times a day. (Problem really rests with Catholicism not catechizing its followers like the Muslims do

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
01-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Er... what's with all the vitriol? What's wrong with Westerners converting to 'foreign religions'? Has your account been hacked by a troll?

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't know you were posting the views of commentators on the article.

If he's sincere, it's nice to hear at the very least, and makes a change from the bashing Islam and Muslims usually get from mainstream sources. We'll see if he actually does become Muslim. I hope he does. I hope it encourages more non-Muslims who have been given the wrong impression by the media to open their minds.

If he doesn't become Muslim, life goes on.

Hamza Asadullah
01-29-2012, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Er... what's with all the vitriol? What's wrong with Westerners converting to 'foreign religions'? Has your account been hacked by a troll?

If he's sincere, it's nice to hear at the very least, and makes a change from the bashing Islam and Muslims usually get from mainstream sources. We'll see if he actually does become Muslim. I hope he does. I hope it encourages more non-Muslims who have been given the wrong impression by the media to open their minds.

If he doesn't become Muslim, life goes on.

Just to clarify the last two posts by Muslim woman were reviews written by non Muslims when they heard of his possible conversion they are not her own views.

Periwinkle18
01-29-2012, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

he is not a Muslim yet and look what reactions he is getting :hmm:

Some reactions from people who heard his interview:

I was going to go and see his new film 'The Grey' this weekend, now I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it knowing his new views

Congratulations Heebywood, you've made another white celebrity lose his mind.

I guess that if you want more roles, you can either adopt a kid from Africa or become muslim. I suppose that just converting to judaism is too blatant

I like Neeson as an actor but if he does convert to this rancid goat f...g evil I won't be watching any film he's in again
this is just so sad what is wrong with ppl!!!

May Allah guide him to the right path Ameen

Marina-Aisha
01-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Omg wot is wrong with people? So he might change his faith so wot! Does change who he is or how good an actor he is. Grow up people!!

GuestFellow
01-29-2012, 08:07 PM
^ Salaam,

People are like that. If we had a Muslim celebrity who left Islam, we would feel differently about them too.

I think the reaction is normal. We should not expect some non-Muslims to be pleased when a person converts to Islam.

Marina-Aisha
01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
I don't expect them to pleased but they don't have to change there minds bout him just cos thinking bout converting.

joyous fairy
01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
May Allah swt guide him to the straight path, ameen.

We all know some people hate Muslims, I dont think there is a need to post comments made by ignorant non-Muslims who will start hating on him if he does revert. It just proves how silly they are, no point dwelling on it unless we can do something about it.

GuestFellow
01-29-2012, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
I don't expect them to pleased but they don't have to change there minds bout him just cos thinking bout converting.
Salaam,

When a person makes a change to their lifestyle and belief system, other people will think differently of them, though it is not necessarily negative.

Marina-Aisha
01-29-2012, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

When a person makes a change to their lifestyle and belief system, other people will think differently of them, though it is not necessarily negative.
Yea I know, I guess it just makes my blood boil cos they commenting on something they clearly don't understand.

GuestFellow
01-29-2012, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
Yea I know, I guess it just makes my blood boil cos they commenting on something they clearly don't understand.
Salaam,

I understand. Most people commenting don't understand what Islam is about.

I would like to add, people who convert to Islam are generally peaceful and have a nice life. As for people that leave Islam, their life is dominated by fear and hatred of Islam.

Crystal
01-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I really hope Allah opens his heart and guides him

Marina-Aisha
01-29-2012, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

I understand. Most people commenting don't understand what Islam is about.

I would like to add, people who convert to Islam are generally peaceful and have a nice life. As for people that leave Islam, their life is dominated by fear and hatred of Islam.
totally like me hehe...and yes people just believe wot people have told them..feeding there hatred..if u get me lol just leave them be i guess..allah knows best we shouldnt really judge.

A-Believer-25
02-21-2012, 06:25 PM
As-salam 'alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh!

Everyone, please pray to Allah (SWT) to guide Liam, insha-Allah! Also, please leave him a message on the link I provided, insha-Allah!

May Allah (SWT) guide him, ameen!

Amat Allah
02-22-2012, 06:03 AM
Wa Alikum Assalaam Wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh

May Allah guide him and the whole world too Ameeeeeeeeeeeen

Snowflake
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
^Ameennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Reading the link gave me goosebumps! Insha Allah, hope he accepts Islam. I never get tired hearing about potential reverts/reverts. In fact everything about islam is always fresh and revitalizing. It's a rose bush upon which new roses bloom every day, yet the old ones never die. It's like a canopy of stars which twinkle with hidden secrets. It's the sun whose rays reach every part of the Universe. It's a sea when it causes the eyes to fill in the remembrance of Allah. It's a river than runs through the blood of the believers. Islam is a world of its own. And praise be to Allah, the Highest, for making us a part of it.

yas2010
02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Salaam/Peace,

I recently read an interview in which Liam Neeson spoke about his visit to Turkey and how he loved to listed to the call of pray (Adhan) and how peaceful he found it.

'The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it's the most beautiful, beautiful thing,' he said.

May Allah (Swt) guide him and us all towards the correct path.

Jzk

Muhaba
02-22-2012, 10:20 AM
May Allah give him the tawfeeq to convert soon. Ameen

Samiun
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Snowflake
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Thousands of people consider islam every day, so I don't like how it's become a big deal just because he is a celebrity. A person can feel pressured when everyone is watching to see what happens. Yes it's Allah who guides. But I don't think muslims should be throwing up the graduation caps just yet.

Marina-Aisha
02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
i have to agree wots big deal?anyways i swear theres another thread bout this

Edit: found the thread bout this, maybe emerge them..http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-istanbul.html

~Zaria~
02-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Who is Liam Neeson?? :?

Marina-Aisha
02-22-2012, 05:31 PM
lolzzzzzzzzzz he is actor he was in Kingdom of Heaven and love actually thats the well known one i know hope that helps

Abz2000
02-22-2012, 06:14 PM
if he does accept the truth then it is a huge boost,
the Islam of Umar was like a victory in Makkah because of his influence and fame,
the kuffar of Makkah were in despair at the Islam of Abu Bakr and Uthman and Hamzah, that is because these people were influential and had a presence, and because people looked up to them and saw them as celebrities. The news of anything they did traveled fast.
The Prophet (pbuh) is reported to have prayed specifically for the guidance of Amr ibn Hisham (Abu Jahl) or Umar ibn Al Khattab - due to their qualities and the good that they could bring, and after the Islam of Umar, the Muslims came out and prayed in the open.

still, i agree, we shouldn't be celebrating just yet, we should make dua that Allah guides the world and ourselves even closer to this path.

A-Believer-25
02-22-2012, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
Thousands of people consider islam every day, so I don't like how it's become a big deal just because he is a celebrity. A person can feel pressured when everyone is watching to see what happens. Yes it's Allah who guides. But I don't think muslims should be throwing up the graduation caps just yet.
I did not post this because he was a celebrity. I don't view "celebrities" as being more special than anyone else. Basically, the main reason I posted this was because the person who wrote this article said to share it and leave him a nice message and also I wanted other Muslims to pray for him. That's all... I did kind of expect responses like this so I just wanted to make that clear. :)

If there are people who are considering Islam, it's always good to answer their questions and teach them about Islam. So a person being famous or not, makes no difference to me.

Muezzin
02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Who is Liam Neeson?? :?
Star Wars Episode 1?

Batman Begins?

Wait a second... he's the Jedi Master who taught Batman.

Also: Hang onto your valuables, it's thread merging time.

جوري
02-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Rather wish his mother in law would accept Islam, she has ALWAYS advocated for Muslims, even with turn outs for Muslim prisoners where other Muslims hardly turn up..They've always tried to marginalize her as well for her very pro Palestinian views.. Allah yihdeeha..

A-Believer-25
02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
May Allah (SWT) guide her and Liam, ameen!

I did not see this thread so I appogize for starting another one. Now I feel embarrassed! :embarrass

~Zaria~
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Star Wars Episode 1?

Batman Begins?

:hiding: Its almost 2 years since ive given up TV and movies (Ive watched Star Wars1 and Batman begins though, yet cant recall him ^o))

I guess this is bound to happen.....losing track of the whose who in the zoo......oh well......:hiding:

(At least IB is filling me in, lol!)

Muezzin
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
:hiding: Its almost 2 years since ive given up TV and movies (Ive watched Star Wars1 and Batman begins though, yet cant recall him ^o))
Star Wars

Batman

I'm noticing a sword motif going on here.

~Zaria~
02-22-2012, 09:48 PM
^ LOL.

JazakAllah Akhi.

His acting clearly wasnt memorable enough for me.....:p

Insha Allah, its time for him to revert.....and move on from this career as well :)

A-Believer-25
02-22-2012, 10:06 PM
May Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) guide Liam Neeson, ameen!

Ansariyah
02-23-2012, 01:17 AM
I hope Allah guides him to Islam. I'm actually a fan of Liam Neeson he's a brilliant actor. Looking forward to see his 2 new movies being released soon (taken 2 and the grey).=)

Salahudeen
02-23-2012, 02:14 AM
^ LOL.

JazakAllah Akhi.

His acting clearly wasnt memorable enough for me.....:p

Insha Allah, its time for him to revert.....and move on from this career as well :)
How can you not remember amazing scene's like this :hmm:

Ramadhan
02-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Star Wars Episode 1?

Batman Begins?

Are you saying he was a Good Jedi Master from Galaxy far far away long time ago, mentoring young Anakin, but who then turned into a Bad Ras-a-Ghul, mentoring young Bruce, and finally atoning his past sins by rescuing thousands of jews from Nazi camps??

That sounds..uh.. implausible!

~Zaria~
02-23-2012, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
How can you not remember amazing scene's like this :hmm:

:hiding: Looks like I actually havent seen Batman Begins before......I assumed this was the first of the Batman series.
So, the first movie was Batman Returns.....and the last movie was Batman Begins.....^o)

Well, I think Im going to casually moon-walk out of this thread now......before I reveal any more of my ignorance in this subject, lol. :embarrass

Salaam :hiding:

Silent Peace
02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Ameen, Insha'Allah he will revert. :)

Snowflake
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
I did not post this because he was a celebrity. I don't view "celebrities" as being more special than anyone else. Basically, the main reason I posted this was because the person who wrote this article said to share it and leave him a nice message and also I wanted other Muslims to pray for him. That's all... I did kind of expect responses like this so I just wanted to make that clear. :)

If there are people who are considering Islam, it's always good to answer their questions and teach them about Islam. So a person being famous or not, makes no difference to me.
Actually I wasn't even thinking about you when I posted, but of the videos (you tube) and newspapers making a big deal out of it.

Who Am I?
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM

You had to mention the crappiest movies he's been in. ;D

For the last time, there is no Star Wars Episodes 1-3. They never happened in my universe.

Salahudeen
02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?

You had to mention the crappiest movies he's been in. ;D

For the last time, there is no Star Wars Episodes 1-3. They never happened in my universe.
They wern't that bad :hmm:

A-Believer-25
02-23-2012, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose

Actually I wasn't even thinking about you when I posted, but of the videos (you tube) and newspapers making a big deal out of it.
Oops, sorry for misunderstanding. :embarrass It happens to me a lot. :p :)

Ramadhan
02-24-2012, 03:44 AM
They wern't that bad
One word: Jar-jar

A-Believer-25
02-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Jar Jar never really annoyed me. lol

Who Am I?
02-24-2012, 04:16 AM

Blasphemers, all of you!

I..... I don't think we can be friends anymore.

That's all.

:hmm:

Salahudeen
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

One word: Jar-jar
What's not to like about him lol. mesa hungry

A-Believer-25
02-24-2012, 05:28 PM
What's not to like about him lol. mesa hungry
Mesa tired! :p

I honestly don't know why everyone hates on Jar-Jar! :lol:

جوري
02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
what is 'Jar Jar'? I so hate to be left out of the loop imsad

Who Am I?
02-24-2012, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
what is 'Jar Jar'? I so hate to be left out of the loop imsad
Jar Jar is an evil minion of George "I am Insane" Lucas.

That's all you need to know.

Muezzin
02-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Guys, let's not let Jar Jar Binks derail this thread. Let's get back to the topic. Anything else belongs in Private Messages. :)

A-Believer-25
02-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Guys, let's not let Jar Jar Binks derail this thread. Let's get back to the topic. Anything else belongs in Private Messages. :)
Sorry about that! :p :)

I would love to see Liam become a Muslim, insha-Allah. I hope he accepts Islam soon, insha-Allah. I love reading stories of new reverts. It makes me happy! :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!