/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read this book?

Periwinkle18
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
:sl:

Has anyone read this book?? i soo wanna read i buh its not available here in pakistan :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sis muslimah
01-30-2012, 05:45 PM
nope never even heard of it :p

Periwinkle18
01-31-2012, 10:52 AM
beacause its new i think came out a few months back :) check it out go to www.khadijahgoestoschool.com

Periwinkle18
01-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Link to the book launch event: http://www.facebook.com/​events/313210712056075/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
01-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Amazon has it, if you're willing to pay shipping charges.

Txyib
01-31-2012, 10:34 PM
salam
mind me askking what is this book about
wasalam
tayib

Muezzin
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
It's about Khadijah. She goes to school.

Scimitar
02-01-2012, 07:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
(facepalm) ;D

I just stayed awake all night. It's now 7:47am GAAAAH.

Thanks for the fun times but i'm off to bed.

Scimi

SFatima
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Actually, its not about khadija, the subtitle says ' A story about you'.

: p

Muezzin
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Actually, its not about khadija, the subtitle says ' A story about you'.

: p
Mind = Blown

Periwinkle18
02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Assalam o alikum

this is what the brother who wrote the book said in an email...

Asim Hussain here, author of Khadijah goes to School – A story about You. Thanks for your interest in the project and being a fan on facebook! I have included a description below of the project. This is also something you can easily send to your network. Please do!

I want to share a book that talks about Real Life, about self-esteem, taking care of your Body, respecting Time, personal contribution and helping others. This book is definitely an experience. It’s highly colourful, short, and packed with details.

You mentioned that you have friends in the UK. There was actually a review from the UK on Khadijah goes to School. They even recommended that Khadijah goes to School be introduced to the British school system. This is the link to the review: http://www.muslimness.com/2011/10/kh...tion-book.html

Khadijah goes to School is a strong advocate for literacy. Khadijah goes to School is suitable for both adults and children. The themes in the book are direct and relatable for all ages. This is actually a book of Ideas, philosophy and Life. It’s disguised so it looks like a kids book, but it’s for everyone.

1. Please “like” the Khadijah goes to School facebook fan page to share with your networks. http://facebook.com/khadijahgoestoschool

2. Please forward this email to relevant persons in your network if you feel they can share these ideas with their networks

What is Khadijah goes to School?

Khadijah goes to School (http://khadijahgoestoschool.com) is a book and a platform designed to promote conversation and discussion. It is a “bridge” with themes:

1.Do we always judge a book by its cover? Khadijah goes to School is actually an experience, and not just a traditional children’s book. It is a story about everyone and for everyone. Everyone’s contribution is special and necessary, Now. Once the reader looks more closer at the book, they realize there is more at play.

2.Is an Ideas book about “The Self,” mixed with Philosophy, Psychology, Art, Expression, Symbols, Diversity

3.A Diversity Tool – a gateway into another society. Sharing Identities AND challenge stereo-types in Identity. (What is a hijab, who is Khadijah, what does Khadijah mean, who are “these” people, what is pluralism, what is diversity, what is tolerance, what is citizenship, what is equal opportunity, what is racism, what are religious and cultural misunderstandings, etc.)

4.Challenge stereo-types in Thought (anti-labelling, “un-learning” what you have learned, re-analyzing what you think you know. i.e. “uneducated” is a dangerous label, people know things in different ways.

5.About Self-Awareness. Stresses an investigation into “The Self.”

6.An item you can give to your neighbour! It shares Identities YET contains Universal Ideas about “The Self.” Anyone can relate to this. A story about You…[sub-title]

7.Is about “Contribution” as a concept. Contribution to yourself, others and society - A Contribution to Canada [as an Idea] and to every other society

It would be amazing to get this book into school systems in Pakistan. I am reaching out to you to share Khadijah goes to School with your networks. I am interested in sharing the message in this book, with schools, organizations and individuals. You will find all the reviews below, (UofT, Indigo, Now Magazine, etc.)

Periwinkle18
02-02-2012, 03:00 PM
i guess u guys should read it if is available where u live :P i soo wanna read it, inshaAllah i will wen i get it. Whoever reads it do let me know how it is :)

Periwinkle18
02-04-2012, 07:25 PM
OMG i read it :) i really like it :)

who ever has an i phone or i pad can download the free app hea quick n read it too :)

Download the Khadijah goes to School app for ****FREE**** for a limited time! Yes you heard right. Please RATE the app with a short REVIEW.
LINK:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/​app/khad...s=1&amp%3Bmt=8

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!