/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Right To EAT what you like???

Scimitar
02-03-2012, 06:13 PM

And the senate bill, you ask? here:

Hypocritical isn't it?

We already know about the whole GMO scandal. They push their own seeds on the rest of the world and are trying to make it illegal to grow organic - can you believe it? But for those who don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes, check this out - I guarantee it'll make you wince a little (hint - E-Coli and justifying attacks on Islamic countries):

Scimi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aprender
02-04-2012, 12:13 AM
This is terrible. And what's even more terrible is that many people won't take notice or care about this as long as they have their McDonalds, Taco Bell and Burger King.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 12:15 AM
The best part is when USA introduces E-coli strain 0104 into the spanish produce that is leaving for Germany - all because Spain (who have fertile land to grow organics) refused to use GMO seeds that USA wanted them to.

This bankrupted many Spanish farms because there were trade restirctions enforced on all produce leaving spain. It single handedly crippled Spains food export economy.

Pfft... war has gotten an upgrade.

Scimi

Abz2000
02-04-2012, 12:27 AM
even worse is when they're guilty of this:

Obama Appoints Monsanto's VP as Senior Advisor to the Commissioner FDA

'Michael Taylor was just appointed senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. This is the same man that was in charge of FDA policy when GMO's were allowed into the US food supply without undergoing a single test to determine their safety. He "had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA [and then] he became Monsanto's Vice President and chief lobbyist. This month [he] became the senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. He is now America's food safety czar. This is no joke".'

especially after obama promised that lobbyists "won't drown out your voices any more when i am president of the u.s"

check this out too:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeffre..._b_243810.html

and this:

maybe they've poisoned the cows so much with dangerous hormones and gm crops that they're now running worried, so they want farmers to sterilize it.
it's messed up either way.

remember the hadith where the Prophet pbuh told us that Allah would send the rain to wash the whole earth and the cattle would produce naturally again?
it seems to me that this is an indication that everything will have been corrupted.

"Mischief and corruption has appeared on land and on sea, because of what the hands of mankind have earned,
that (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from evil)."
(Quran 30:41)

even the seas are getting their crap chemicals and pharmaceuticals pumped in and people are being born deformed.

this is stressful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
02-04-2012, 12:31 AM
:sl:

It's all part of one vast world conspiracy that has many levels. Most world governments are involved in this thing, as well as major corporations.

Galaxy
02-04-2012, 12:34 AM
We have been actually learning about GM foods and agribusiness, the ugly side to food and produce, such as the unsanitary conditions farm animals are kept in in order to produce products so they are fed antibiotics, which can eventually lead to a pandemic and I wonder why the government won't do anything about this. But they make money off it so why do they care, we willingly give them out money and live happily under ignorance.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
even worse is when they're guilty of this:

Obama Appoints Monsanto's VP as Senior Advisor to the Commissioner FDA

'Michael Taylor was just appointed senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. This is the same man that was in charge of FDA policy when GMO's were allowed into the US food supply without undergoing a single test to determine their safety. He "had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA [and then] he became Monsanto's Vice President and chief lobbyist. This month [he] became the senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. He is now America's food safety czar. This is no joke".'

especially after obama promised that lobbyists "won't drown out your voices any more when i am president of the u.s"
This is just typical. Excessive amounts of flouride (which is a poison btw) in their water supply, air born pollutants, chemtrails, and now this!!! They just want drone slaves working and paying taxes without questioning anything. I've seen what flouride does to the pineal gland in your brain - and trust me, it's not pretty.

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
It's all part of one vast world conspiracy that has many levels. Most world governments are involved in this thing, as well as major corporations.
Wa'alaykim salaam akhi,

Yep, just how deep does that rabbit hole go? I bet its as wide as it is deep when you get to the bottom of it. These guys have been planning for how long? Still - more Americans are reverting to Islam despite their best attempts to throw them off the scent of purity.

Not long now before they start to really push the trans-humanist agenda. Trust me, that's when it all goes pear shaped. But that's another topic.

remember the hadith where the Prophet pbuh told us that Allah would send the rain to wash the whole earth and the cattle would produce naturally again?
I had the same thought bro. For those who can perceive it, it is dead obvious. For those who can't - it's all hogwash, but they are the types who are happy being fooled by them and care not what happens.

"Mischief and corruption has appeared on land and on sea, because of what the hands of mankind have earned,
that (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from evil)."
(Quran 30:41)
I can't wait to see if they do... but I doubt they will. Understanding the significance of this ayah is B I G.

Scimi

atheistbynature
02-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Yes its important for people to be able to eat what they like....like pork for example? Or meat prepared in a normal way? or alcohol?

Also I wouldn't reject all GM out of hand, if tested properly and used cautiously it could be a great asset.

I agree however that it shouldn't be forced on people by companies and goverments.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
We have been actually learning about GM foods and agribusiness, the ugly side to food and produce, such as the unsanitary conditions farm animals are kept in in order to produce products so they are fed antibiotics, which can eventually lead to a pandemic and I wonder why the government won't do anything about this. But they make money off it so why do they care, we willingly give them out money and live happily under ignorance.
When I attended the KN-OW conference in Nottingham, Imam Abu Jafar gave a talk on the food industry, I wish I had that video to post up here... let me see if I can get the original from the guys who set up the conference.

Scimi

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by correctopinions
Yes its important for people to be able to eat what they like....like pork for example? Or meat prepared in a normal way? or alcohol?

Also I wouldn't reject all GM out of hand, if tested properly and used cautiously it could be a great asset.

I agree however that it shouldn't be forced on people by companies and goverments.
Yes I agree.You'd think that alcohol is outlawed in Islamic countries - but it's so not. In Saudi Arabia, you can get alcohol anywhere except in the two holy cities. And pigs are not indigenous to the reason so the non Muslims there don't eat it.

With regard to GM crops, by messing with the genepool and isolating phenotypes, what they are effectively doing is taking away the variety of the crop itself. Things can get pretty boring pretty fast like that - and that is assuming that the GM Crops are safe to eat. There is evidence to suggest that GM crops damage the body in the long term. Just gotta search that out on the interwebs.

And yeah, nothing should be forced on people, people should have the free will to choose or refuse, as we are taught in Islam.

Scimi

Ramadhan
02-04-2012, 07:11 AM
The other day I watched a TV program (can't remember which channel), it basically showed that every single soya (or was it corn) plants in USA have all been contaminated with GMO, and there's no such thing as "organic soya/corn" in the USA anymore.

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Yep, crazy thing is, it's gonna get much worse this year when the USA starts to aggressively "push" their seedstock on the international market. And any country that refuses to take them, will have a vendetta planned against them.

What happened last year June was just the testing ground for the international reaction. They sent out their message already. Also, given the fact that the respective govts of targetted countries already got inkling of what will happen should they refuse these GMO seeds - the world is on the back foot.

Now, this leads me to another point, the one about dajjal being in control of all food and water in the world... these are just the mechanics being put in place for the arrival that is imminent now.

Too much has happened in the past 10 yrs, too much, and the next decades will really be a very testing time for not only Muslims, but people in general... however, it will be much worse for Muslims. Of that we can be sure.

This is why we are taught in hadeeth that if you have land then till it. If you have livestock, hold onto it. And if you have neither, then sharpen your sword coz you're gonna need it.

And ofcourse, find that cave... Surat al Kahf, first ten and last ten ayahs need to be in memorized by heart, and we must work on our imaan BIG time.

Without that, we are ... compromised.

Scimi

~Zaria~
02-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Im in agreement with everthing that has been said here....so, not very much to add in this regard.

Just wanted to comment on the video in the OP:

Personally, I can understand the harsh enforcements that have been placed with regards to selling unpasteurised milk.

From a health perspective, pasteurization makes good sense.
And the few who insist on drinking unpasteurized milk - and resent when their 'right to freedom of choice' is denied, need to realise that their action is impacting ALL of us.

By the qoedrat of Allah, it becomes the means of widespread outbreaks of disease - that affect even those innocent, who chose to drink pasteurized milk.

From Wikipedia:

Proponents of unpasteurized milk make the argument that if milk is obtained from humanely raised cows that are grass fed and handled hygienically, then there is little problem with disease.[7] However, raw milk can become contaminated in a number of ways: by coming into contact with cow feces or bacteria living on the skin of cows, from an infection of the cow's udder, or from dirty equipment, among others. Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other foodborne disease outbreak, making it one of the world's most dangerous food products

Milk pasteurization has been scientifically proven to be at least 90% effective in eliminating harmful bacteria in milk. While there are some few pathogens which are heat resistant, modern equipment is readily able to test and identify bacteria in milk being processed. Pasteurization is the only effective means of eliminating 90% or more of harmful organisms in milk.[10]
Non-pasteurized, raw milk, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), was responsible for 86 reported food poisoning outbreaks between 1998 and 2008, resulting in 1,676 illnesses, 191 hospitalizations, and two deaths. Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other foodborne disease outbreak.[11]
Diseases that pasteurization can prevent include tuberculosis, brucellosis, diphtheria, scarlet fever, and Q-fever; it also kills the harmful bacteria Salmonella, Listeria, Yersinia, Campylobacter, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli 157 [12][13] among others.

Side-effects of pasteurizationFans of raw milk (meaning milk that hasn't been pasteurized or homogenized) credit it with having more beneficial bacteria and enzymes than its processed counterpart. However, raw milk cannot be preserved for a long time and its disadvantages may exceed its benefits. In fact, raw milk is far more likely to contain harmful microbial contaminants, and pasteurization is the only effective way of killing most pathogen bacteria — which can include a.o., listeria, salmonella, and E. coli.[14] On the other hand raw milk does contain antimicrobial properties [15] which are destroyed with the heat of pasturization,[16] along with many of the vitamins within the milk itself.[17] Raw milk consumption has also been shown to positively influence the immune system's resistance to the development of asthma, hay fever, and atopic sensitization, although the mechanism is not entirely understood.[18]

^ With regards to the benefits of unpasteurized milk on the body --> we need to weigh up the risks vs. benefits of it.
In this case, the above mentioned diseases top the risk scales far more than the benefits.

One only needs to be in the health field, and witnessing the terrible effects of these diseases, or be a victim during an outbreak, by the will of Allah (subhana wata'ala), to understand the picture from this side of the playing field.

With regards to the other poisons mentioned above......do your best to go as natural as possible.....AND, trust in Allah to see you through.

This dunya is heading for its final countdown - so hold onto your imaan tightly - its your only protection, insha Allah.

Salaam

Scimitar
02-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry sis but I have to disagree with you on this one.

We know from eschatology that the dajjal will decieve everyone into his system. His system is already here - but he isnt known to be... yet. These are all preparations. Let me tell you why I don't agree with homo-milk:

People all over the third world dring raw milk, and they are all fine. The fact is that with the sterilization process we know in homogenising milk, many of the good beneficial bacteria is also killed. Drinking homogenous milk causes more stomach problems for the person than drinking raw milk. Raw milk provides way more nutrition and is compared to a meal in its own right, but homo-milk? Just a drink. Also I'd like to add that people in the west have reported loose bowel movement when they ingested homo-milk, and these reports are continuing to grow - this is clear evidence that homo-milk isn't as good for you as they claim... they want to weaken you mentally, physically and spiritually - and the assault is full force - the deception, in full swing!

You know, sister Cosmic Intuition has done plenty of research in this field... I'm gonna ask her to make a post here and present her findings.

Messing with that which Allah has mentioned as beneficial in the Quran, just leads to trouble. Milk, should be milk. Honey should be honey - but the honey you buy in your supermarkets is 90% sugar syrup and 10% honey concentrate... but would you be able to tell the difference if you never had PURE honey? btw, natural honey crystallises when its left to stand, the fake stuff doesn't. but if you are in a hot climate - the natural honey will stay liquid. Real honey is the best and beats the fake stuff off with a stick.

Same way, PURE milk just shames homo-milk.

Scimi

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Asalaam Aleikum :)
This is my response here:

Proponents of unpasteurized milk make the argument that if milk is obtained from humanely raised cows that are grass fed and handled hygienically, then there is little problem with disease.However,
raw milk can become contaminated in a number of ways: by coming into contact with cow feces or bacteria living on the skin of cows, from an infection of the cow's udder, or from dirty equipment, among others. Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other food borne disease outbreak, making it one of the world's most dangerous food products

Ok so here we are told , that if the milk is handled correctly there is little problem with disease. So the problem is NOT the milk, rather the handling of it. If the milk is properly collected from cows, who are raised and fed PROPERLY, meaning little to no grain, and mainly grass, as it should be, then the milk will contain natural antibiotic properties that protect it and those who consume it from pathogens. The problem here is how the cows are raised first of all, I can't post videos yet if not I'd link you to some milk farms. The cows are made to wallow in their own feces, and are fed mainly grain, so not only are the milk properties changed by the diet, eliminating the natural antibacterial properties, but also, the collection of the milk is more risky due to how the animals are treated. So of course, easy way out is to boil the milk and eliminate any "disease causing bacteria".

Milk pasteurization has been scientifically proven to be at least 90% effective in eliminating harmful bacteria in milk. While there are some few pathogens which are heat resistant, modern equipment is readily able to test and identify bacteria in milk being processed. Pasteurization is the only effective means of eliminating 90% or more of harmful organisms in milk.

Non-pasteurized, raw milk, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), was responsible for 86 reported food poisoning outbreaks between 1998 and 2008, resulting in 1,676 illnesses, 191 hospitalizations, and two deaths. Improperly handled raw milk is responsible for nearly three times more hospitalizations than any other foodborne disease outbreak.
Diseases that pasteurization can prevent include tuberculosis, brucellosis, etc

The pasturezation process was invented for beer and wine purposes to begin with. It is a heating process which destroys bacteria and enzymes. Along with the enzymes and bacteria, delicate proteins, enzymes (which we need), immune factors, hormones, vitamins, mineral availability get changed too. If you cook, u can see that clearly... when you cook an onion it becomes sweet, the properties change, it's no different for any food.
Homogenization is similar, but not the same. In this process, whole milk is forced into small orifices and breaks the fat into smaller particles to the cream won't rise to the top. This puts milk through yet another heating process, so what really is left of the milk? white fluid?

As far as the CDC, who are they funded by? Good ole government. 2 deaths in one decade, is it possible that the farmer mishandled the milk? Perhaps it didn't even come from milk... I don't think I need to say more to that.

Where do these diseases come from anyway? how do they find their way into milk?

Side-effects of pasteurizationFans of r
aw milk (meaning milk that hasn't been pasteurized or homogenized) credit it with having more beneficial bacteria and enzymes than its processed counterpart. However, raw milk, cannot be preserved for a long time and its disadvantages may exceed its benefits. In fact, raw milk is far more likely to contain harmful microbial contaminants, and pasteurization is the only effective way of killing most pathogen bacteria — which can include a.o., listeria, salmonella and e.coli On the other hand raw milk does contain antimicrobial properties which are destroyed with the heat of pasteurization, along with many of the vitamins within the milk itself.Raw milk consumption has also been shown to positively influence the immune system's resistance to the development of ...
sorry, but this is redundant. We understand that pasturezation kills bacteria, but we also understand what else it kills, that cannot be ignored.
Why does milk have to be kept for a long time anyway? that is not natural. Let's take refrigerators out of the equation, and realistically measure the amount of time milk can stay good. It has to be consumed the same day.

With regards to the benefits of unpasteurized milk on the body --> we need to weigh up the risks vs. benefits of it.
In this case, the above mentioned diseases top the risk scales far more than the benefits.
This is not a true statement. This is just according to the CDC, the diseases come from other places than milk. Here's a quote from a good article I read a while back:
In the 1940's, Dr. Frances Pottenger conducted a couple of experiments. In these experiments Dr. Pottenger fed simi*lar groups of animals (usually cats) a diet of exclusively milk. Half ate cooked milk (i.e., pasteurized), the other ate uncooked (i.e., "raw" milk). The results were conclusive and as*tounding. Those that ate raw milk did well, lived long, happy, active lives free of any signs of degenera*tive disease. Those that ate pasteur*ized milk suffered from acute ill*nesses (vomiting, diarrhea) and suc*cumbed to every degenerative dis*ease now flourishing in our popula*tion. By the third generation, a vast majority of the cats were infertile and exhibited "anti-social" behavior. In short, medically speaking, they were like many modern Americans.

Since the 40's, the "qualities" of milk have been extensively studied to try to find an explanation for these dramatic changes. We have heard discussed that before heating, milk is a living food rich in colloidal min*erals, rich in enzymes which are nec*essary for the absorption and utili*zation of the sugars and fats in the milk. We have also heard that milk has a cortisone-like factor which is heat sensitive (i.e. destroyed by heat) in the cream; that milk has an enzyme phosphatase which allows the body to absorb the calcium from the milk; that milk has lactase — an enzyme which allows for the digestion of lactose; and that milk has beneficial bacteria and lactic acids which allow these beneficial bacteria to implant in the intestines.
All of these qualities are lost in the heating of milk. It then becomes rotten, with precipitated minerals which can't be absorbed (hence osteoporosis), with sugars that can't be digested and with fats which are toxic. With this in mind, we can quickly see what has happened in the past sixty years.

Raw milk has been used in therapy, in folk medicine and even in the Mayo Clinic for centuries. It has been used in the pre-insulin days to treat diabetes (I've tried it—it works), eczema, intestinal worms, allergies, arthritis, and other afflic*tions, all for reasons which can be understood when we examine just what is in milk (e.g., the cortisone-like factor for allergies and eczema). Rarely is anyone truly allergic to grass-fed cows' milk (feeding high protein feeds to the cows changes the milk, making it more allergenic).
[Don't Drink Your Milk, Frank Oski M.D., Park City Press, r. Frances Pottinger was a pathologist working in the 40's who tested the theories of Dr. Price on cats— that is that fresh raw foods are the healthiest for animal growth and development. His book is Pottenger’s Cats, A Case Study in Nutrition by Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., M.D., 1983. Available from Price-Pottenger Foundation or Gerson Institute (phone 1-888-4-GERSON), Article written by Thomas Cowan, M.D., graduated from Michigan State Medical School in 1984. He is now a family practitioner with special interests in nutritional and anthrophosophical medicine.]

One only needs to be in the health field, and witnessing the terrible effects of these diseases, or be a victim during an outbreak, by the will of Allah (subhana wata'ala), to understand the picture from this side of the playing field.
Again I ask, where do these diseases come from? The Human's immune system is toyed around with and weakened by these processed foods , then disease is introduced and they can't fight it. The system of the dajjal is a huge one and that factor cannot be ignored here.

-
Cosmic

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Sorry sis but I have to disagree with you on this one.

We know from eschatology that the dajjal will decieve everyone into his system. His system is already here - but he isnt known to be... yet. These are all preparations. Let me tell you why I don't agree with homo-milk:

People all over the third world dring raw milk, and they are all fine. The fact is that with the sterilization process we know in homogenising milk, many of the good beneficial bacteria is also killed. Drinking homogenous milk causes more stomach problems for the person than drinking raw milk. Raw milk provides way more nutrition and is compared to a meal in its own right, but homo-milk? Just a drink. Also I'd like to add that people in the west have reported loose bowel movement when they ingested homo-milk, and these reports are continuing to grow - this is clear evidence that homo-milk isn't as good for you as they claim... they want to weaken you mentally, physically and spiritually - and the assault is full force - the deception, in full swing!

We can go a little further into what pasturezation really is. It is done for two main purposes. One is to destroy disease carrying germs and the other is to prevent milk from going sour. The way to accomplish this is by keeping the milk more or less at 150 degrees F, for at least half an hour, then they reduce the heat by no more than 55 degrees.
What exactly is destroyed?

The enzyme phosphatase. The final test for pasteurization after heating it is the negative Alpha Phosphatase test. Ironically, this enzyme is vital to the absorption of minerals an calcium, so really the synthetic vitamin D added to milk serves no purpose when it cannot be absorbed. So then, what happens to the calcium if it cannot be absorbed? It gets into the blood vessels, which calcify the inner walls and cause heart problems and it also seeps into joints, causing arthritis.

The chemical change in the milk, also caused by the heating process also destroys the digestive enzymes needed to properly digest milk, as well as the probiotics in it. The GI tract is over half of the immune system, and live, healthy flora is needed to keep that healthy. The fats in the milk that cannot be digested appropriately create mucous and phlegm in our bodies.

Then we have the 10% of pathogens that DO NOT get removed with pasturezation.

As for raw honey, lol the benefits are many. Bees have their own chapter in the Quran for a reason ;) Try checking out The Vanishing Bees by Maraym Heneis.

Health Benefits of Raw Honey
· Honey raises levels of antioxidants in the body.
· Treats viral, bacterial and fungal infections.
· Lowers cholesterol.
· Lowers blood sugar levels.
· Alleviates hay fever and seasonal allergies.
· Raw honey is more effective than over-the-counter cough syrups.
· Can help to prevent certain cancers.
· Aids in indigestion, Irritable bowel syndrome and other stomach upsets.
· Use honey topically to ease arthritis and other pains.
· Raw honey can give you a boost of natural energy. Many athletes take eat a bit of honey to energize them before their performance.
· Soak feet in warm water and honey to treat athlete's foot.
· Use honey as a facial mask. Apply a thin layer of honey onto the face. This will clear up acne and keep your skin soft.
· Mix raw honey and jojoba oil and rub onto dry, cracked skin.
· Rub a bit of honey on a burn to ease throbbing and prevent blistering. Also great for scrapes, cuts and bruises.
· Honey in its raw form can even help you shed unwanted weight
-Cosmic

Who Am I?
02-05-2012, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Wa'alaykim salaam akhi,

Yep, just how deep does that rabbit hole go? I bet its as wide as it is deep when you get to the bottom of it. These guys have been planning for how long? Still - more Americans are reverting to Islam despite their best attempts to throw them off the scent of purity.

Not long now before they start to really push the trans-humanist agenda. Trust me, that's when it all goes pear shaped. But that's another topic.

This thing has been going on for decades, at least. There are levels upon levels of this thing. I've been researching this for years and am only scratching the surface.

I'm already starting to see the secular humanist agenda that is being pushed in schools and organizations throughout society. They call it "political correctness". Everyone is right, so just do whatever you want and it's OK.

~Zaria~
02-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Im going to keep this as short as possible and just mention a few points that come to mind at the moment, insha Allah:

- I have no problems with pure, untainted honey - Alhamdulillah - this is a gift from Allah, its benefits are numerous, and we are completely on the same page here.

- I do have problems with animals that are reared in inhumane conditions, pumped with antibiotics and hormones - all in the name of getting productions up.

- And I do have problems with the use of pesticides, the depletion of natural soil which then has to be chemically fortified - again to keep the dollars rolling, at the expense of public health.
[ I recently did a short presentation (as part of my studies) about Endocrine Disrupters - which basically refers to the effects of the above mentioned substances (not only from food directly, but also its packaging - i.e. plastics, etc, air/land/water pollution) on our hormonal systems.
This is a very real concern and we are seeing the impacts of this on many conditions, including cancer.]

In this regard, as I have mentioned - its our duty to try to go as natural as possible.

However, we need to be able to remain balanced (as with all things in life - Islam is a religion of moderation......i.e. do not go to extremes in either direction).

And, we need to realise - that diseases come from Allah (subhana wata'ala) - as a means of mercy and cleansing the sins of His slaves, and for some, as a means of punishment.
BUT: there is no disease that has been sent to earth, but a cure exists for it.
We may not be aware of the cures for all diseases at present, and we may never know - but it is our duty to seek out these cures/ preventative measures.

To those who believe that certain diseases have been created by the system we live in:
This may be true (Allah knows best).....still too: we have to try and find those cures to help, insha Allah, the ones afflicted.
(Having said this - do realise that diseases existed from waaaay back in history - there are reports of what appears to be tuberculosis, etc. from the times of Pharoah, e.g)

So, with regards to pasteurisation of milk specifically:

- if heating up milk to a certain temperature - has been shown to destroy a large number of disease-causing organisms --> which has translated into fewer morbidities and mortalites over the decades, then Alhamdulillah.

- if this same process allows us to keep milk for a longer period of time (not through the means of adding preservatives, but simply the heating and rapid cooling process of pasteurisation) - then Alhamdulillhah.

(for those who are not grateful of this knowledge and advancement, then I say:
Please throw out your freezers today, and you may go out and purchase your foods on a daily basis :p.

Also, please feel free to drink the water directly from the rivers/ streams (without boiling it), and eat your home-grown fruits and vegs without washing them......in the name of going natural :). If by Allahs will, you happen to pick up cholera (as occured during the outbreak in Zimbabwe - as refugees desperately tried to cross the border into South Africa) - we, no doubt will try our best to rehydrate you and maybe even use antibiotics (God-forbid!), and insha Allah, you will not lose your life as has thousands of others.)

I will end here, with an article that speaks of the some of the myths with regards to raw milk.

At the end of the day - its your choice as to how extreme you wish to go, and which data you wish to ignore.

And Allah knows best.

Salaam

~Zaria~
02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Raw Milk Myths -- Busted

An analysis of the top ten 21st Century raw milk myths.

by Michele Jay-Russell | Nov 28, 2011

Whether urban legends, deceptive marketing, or beliefs held by raw milk proponents under a siege mentality, there are more microbiological and nutritional myths about raw milk than nearly any other food.

After reviewing the myths, I looked for information from scientists and consumer advocates and busted the Top Ten 21st Century Raw Milk Myths. Here are the results:

Myth #1. Raw milk has been consumed for thousands of years without a problem.

This myth reflects a lack of understanding about the historical impact of infectious diseases transmitted by raw milk for centuries, especially tuberculosis, brucellosis (undulant fever), and scarlet fever (1-5). Raw milk has caused numerous deaths of infants throughout history. Pasteurization was developed to prevent these well-documented illnesses and deaths from contaminated raw milk. In developed countries, the use of pasteurization has been directly correlated to reduced infant mortality (6). In developing countries today, from India to Africa, raw milk is routinely boiled before being fed to babies, children, and other family members to protect them from deadly milk-borne infections.

Myth #2. Pasteurization destroys all the nutrients in milk.

Since the dawn of pasteurization (using heat to kill pathogens), this myth has prevailed without scientific evidence. When pasteurization started to become more mainstream early last century, some people were suspicious of the technology. Subsequent analyses of the nutritional components of raw and pasteurized milk revealed no significant differences for the major nutritional components such as proteins, carbohydrates, and vitamins (7-10). View comparison of raw and pasteurized organic whole milk labels:

Myth #3. Homogenization produces dangerous changes in milk.

This is another old myth dating back to the first years of milk processing during the last century. Homogenization is simply the process of physically breaking up the fat globules in cow's milk to make a "homogenous" fluid milk beverage (11-12). Unhomogenized cows milk will develop a cream layer at the top of the container. Goat's milk is "naturally homogenized" and does not form a cream layer during storage. There is no proven health difference between mechanically homogenized cow's milk and naturally homogenized goat's milk.

Myth #4. Raw milk kills pathogens.

This myth evolved from a partial truth based on experimental data where researchers inoculated "bad" bacteria into raw milk and measured its survival. In one experiment, a few strains of the bacteria Campylobacter died sooner in raw milk compared with sterile milk (13), but most strains survived long in enough in both types of milk to make someone sick. Other experiments have shown survival and even growth of E. coli O157, Salmonella, and Listeria in raw milk and raw milk products (14-17). Live bacterial pathogens are routinely found in bulk tank milk on farms, which proves that "bad" bacteria are not reliably killed by "good" bacteria, enzymes or other components of raw milk (18-21). Raw milk also does not kill or reduce foodborne viruses or parasites.

Myth #5. It is safe to leave raw milk at room temperature.

This myth appears to come from a revival in the interest in traditional diets and practices. Clabbered milk is raw milk allowed to naturally sour and thicken (22). The raw milk is allowed to warm, which can be very dangerous if the milk was accidently contaminated with pathogenic bacteria that grow at warm temperature (e.g., Salmonella, E. coli O157, Staphylococcus aureus). Bacterial pathogens thrive on the nutrients in fresh milk and can outgrow the "good bacteria" once given the advantage of increased temperature. Not all raw milk contains pathogens, but because you can't see or smell them, there is no way to know if it is safe to take this chance. A safer alternative is to buy cultured dairy products such as buttermilk, yogurt, and kefir made with pasteurized milk. View charts of pathogen growth from experiments conducted at room temperature and under refrigeration:

Myth #6. Raw milk is healthier than pasteurized milk for babies.

Raw milk activists in developed countries, especially the United States, mostly perpetuate this myth. In contrast, most parents in developing countries recognize the dangers of raw animal milk and boil milk to destroy pathogens before feeding to babies or young children. Numerous studies show that breastfeeding is the healthiest option for infants (23). A human mother's milk is designed to be the best source of nutrition and immune-giving factors for her baby. When breastfeeding is not an option, there is nearly unanimous agreement in the medical and public health communities worldwide that only pasteurized animal milk should be given to infants and young children (1-2, 24).

Myth #7. Millions of people purchase raw milk every year in the United States.

This myth appeared recently in an intense marketing campaign by raw milk advocates. Their estimate is based on a 2007 CDC FoodNet survey that found ~3% of people surveyed in 10 states reported drinking raw milk in the last 7 days (25). The survey did not differentiate between raw milk consumed on the farm vs. purchased by a customer. Most raw milk is consumed by rural dairy farm families and their workers who drink raw milk directly from their own animals (26-27). Estimates of non-farm, urban and suburban consumers who purchase raw milk from stores or farmers markets are drastically lower compared with farm family consumption. Commercial raw milk sales make up less than 1% of milk sales overall (28). Retail commercial raw milk is a highly specialized niche product that is legal in only a few states and sold mostly in small natural food stores and co-ops. Major retailers do not sell raw milk because of the well-documented food safety risks. Whole Foods discontinued sales of raw milk in 2010 due to liability concerns (29).

Myth #8. Deaths attributed to drinking raw milk were from "bathtub cheese" and factory farms, not legal or "certified" raw milk.

This myth goes back to at least the 1980s when a single certified raw milk dairy in California was ultimately shut down after numerous illnesses and deaths from Salmonella Dublin (30). These deaths included immunosuppressed persons with AIDS, a then newly recognized syndrome. From 1980-1983, 15 deaths from salmonellosis in California from certified raw milk were documented (31). Stricter federal regulations were put in place during the 1980s to curb the high rate of illnesses and deaths from legal raw milk (4). There are also documented deaths from listeriosis and salmonellosis due to contaminated Mexican-style cheese (e.g., queso fresco) made with raw milk, and processed milk contaminated after pasteurization (32-33). No deaths in the last decade have been attributed to legal raw milk, but E. coli O157:H7 infections and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) cases have been linked to a number of pasture-based raw milk farms and herdshares in states where raw milk sales are legal (34-36). Advances in medical treatment of HUS likely prevented death, although some patients may suffer from permanent kidney damage and other chronic health problems caused by the original E. coli O157 infection.

Myth #9. European researchers recommend raw milk for treatment of child allergies.

This myth originates from large population-based studies of rural farm factors that affect allergic and other conditions in Europe. A correlation between drinking farm milk and reduced childhood allergies has been found in epidemiological studies (37-41). However, the authors admit that causation has not been proven, and it is unclear if farm (unboiled) milk or other farm factors such as being around animals and barns influence the development of allergies in children. The European researchers recommend that raw milk not be used as a "treatment" for childhood allergies due to the risk of pathogens and serious infection.

Myth #10. Pathogens only come from factory farms ("confined feeding animal operations" or CAFOs).

This myth blossomed after publication of a small study in 1998 that showed a possible relationship between grain feeding and E. coli carriage in cattle (42). This lead to a widespread unsubstantiated belief that a grain diet (typical of a feedlot) affects the acidity of the stomach and promotes the growth of E. coli O157:H7. There is still much more research needed to understand how diet affects an animal's likelihood of shedding pathogens in their feces (43-50). Higher rates of carriage have been found on feedlots where animals are crowded and when high rations of distiller's grains are fed, but the specific influence of feed remains unclear. Furthermore, pathogens have been found in the guts and feces of cattle and other animals (including free-roaming wildlife) living on pasture with no exposure to grain.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/1...ths----busted/

Ramadhan
02-05-2012, 09:42 AM
My grandfater had a milk cow farm when my mum was still a girl, and my mum told me that they still had to first boil the milk before drinking it.
And no, the cows were not fed grains. It would have been too expensive in Indonesia, especially in the old days. They were fed grass.

You know, in tropical country such as Indonesia, microorganisms grow VERY QUICKLY, and also since the weather is ALWAYS warm and humid, milk get spoilt VERY easily and fast. Even in the old days people here didn't normaly drink their milk raw.

Scimitar
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
As promised, the guys from KN-OW have uploaded the lecture to their website: http://www.kn-ow.com/watch?v=20120121-Abu-Jafar-Al-Hanbali

Scimi

Scimitar
02-06-2012, 05:15 PM
double post (please delete) facepalm

Scimitar
02-06-2012, 05:19 PM
7 Foods the experts won't eat!

1. GMO FOODS (Any of them)

The Expert:
Jeffrey Smith, author of Seeds of Deception and founder of Institute for Responsible TechnologyThe Situation: GMO foods encourage the massive spraying of herbicides on our topsoils, polluting the ground, waterways, animals and humans. Scientific studies have shown the RoundUp Ready genes inGMO foods to transfer to our intestinal flora and the pesticide producing genes, called Bt-toxins, to be present in both unborn fetuses and their mothers. In short, GMO foods pollute our environment and out bodies. No long term health studies of GMO foods have been performed on humans. In addition to polluting our bodies with mutant DNA, eating RoundUp Ready GMO foods insures a hefty dose of herbicide given that GMO crops are even more heavily sprayed than conventional non-organic crops. The environmental, political, economic, and social damage by GMO foods is staggering. GMOfoods include corn, soybeans, sugarbeets, potatoes, alfalfa, canola, potato, papaya, rice, honey, squash, rapeseed, tomatoes, sweet corn, tobacco, peas, and more in the pipeline.The Solution: Check that all the food you purchase is non-GMO. Demand a halt to GMO foods any chance you get. Support mandatory labeling of GMO foods. Buy ORGANIC. Plant a gardenFor further insights and details on the disastrous company Monsanto ( the leading company of GMO seeds), please click hereGMO Foods written by WuW contributing writer Jack Adam Weber of PoeticHealing.com

2. CANNED TOMATOES

The Expert: Fredrick vom Saal, PhD, an endocrinologist at the University of Missouri who studies bisphenol-A.

The Situation: The resin linings of tin cans contain bisphenol-A, a synthetic estrogen that has been linked to ailments ranging from reproductive problems to heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Unfortunately, acidity (a prominent characteristic of tomatoes) causes BPA to leach into your food. Studies show that the BPA in most people’s body exceeds the amount that suppresses sperm production or causes chromosomal damage to the eggs of animals. “You can get 50 mcg of BPA per liter out of a tomato can, and that’s a level that is going to impact people, particularly the young,” says vom Saal. “I won’t go near canned tomatoes.”The Solution: Choose tomatoes in glass bottles (which do not need resin linings), such as the brands Bionaturae and Coluccio. You can also get several types in Tetra Pak boxes, like Trader Joe’s and Pomi.

3. CORN-FED BEEF

The Expert: Joel Salatin, co-owner of Polyface Farms and author of half a dozen books on sustainable farming.The Situation: Cattle evolved to eat grass, not grains. But farmers today feed their animals corn and soybeans, which fatten up the animals faster for slaughter. More money for cattle farmers (and lower prices at the grocery store) means a lot less nutrition for us. A recent comprehensive study conducted by the USDA and researchers from Clemson University found that compared with corn-fed beef, grass-fed beef is higher in beta-carotene, vitamin E, omega-3s, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), calcium, magnesium, and potassium; lower in inflammatory omega-6s; and lower in saturated fats that have been linked to heart disease. “We need to respect the fact that cows are herbivores, and that does not mean feeding them corn and chicken manure,” says Salatin.The Solution: Buy grass-fed beef, which can be found at specialty grocers, farmers’ markets, and nationally at Whole Foods. It’s usually labeled because it demands a premium, but if you don’t see it, ask your butcher.

4. MICROWAVE POPCORN

The Expert: Olga Naidenko, PhD, a senior scientist for the Environmental Working Group.The Situation: Chemicals, including perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), in the lining of the bag, are part of a class of compounds that may be linked to infertility in humans, according to a recent study from UCLA. In animal testing, the chemicals cause liver, testicular, and pancreatic cancer. Studies show that microwaving causes the chemicals to vaporize—and migrate into your popcorn. “They stay in your body for years and accumulate there,” says Naidenko, which is why researchers worry that levels in humans could approach the amounts causing cancers in laboratory animals. DuPont and other manufacturers have promised to phase out PFOA by 2015 under a voluntary EPA plan, but millions of bags of popcorn will be sold between now and then.The Solution: Pop natural kernels the old-fashioned way: in a skillet. For flavorings, you can add real butter or dried seasonings, such as dillweed, vegetable flakes, or soup mix.

5. FARMED SALMON

The Expert:
David Carpenter, MD, director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University at Albany and publisher of a major study in the journal Science on contamination in fish.
The Situation: Nature didn’t intend for salmon to be crammed into pens and fed soy, poultry litter, and hydrolyzed chicken feathers. As a result, farmed salmon is lower in vitamin D and higher in contaminants, including carcinogens, PCBs, brominated flame retardants, and pesticides such as dioxin and DDT. According to Carpenter, the most contaminated fish come from Northern Europe, which can be found on American menus. “You can only safely eat one of these salmon dinners every 5 months without increasing your risk of cancer,” says Carpenter, whose 2004 fish contamination study got broad media attention. “It’s that bad.” Preliminary science has also linked DDT to diabetes and obesity, but some nutritionists believe the benefits of omega-3s outweigh the risks. There is also concern about the high level of antibiotics and pesticides used to treat these fish. When you eat farmed salmon, you get dosed with the same drugs and chemicals.The Solution: Switch to wild-caught Alaska salmon. If the package says fresh Atlantic, it’s farmed. There are no commercial fisheries left for wild Atlantic salmon.

6. MILK PRODUCED WITH ARTIFICIAL HORMONES

The Expert: Rick North, project director of the Campaign for Safe Food at the Oregon Physicians for Social Responsibility and former CEO of the Oregon division of the American Cancer Society.The Situation: Milk producers treat their dairy cattle with recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH or rBST, as it is also known) to boost milk production. But rBGH also increases udder infections and even pus in the milk. It also leads to higher levels of a hormone called insulin-like growth factor in milk. In people, high levels of IGF-1 may contribute to breast, prostate, and colon cancers. “When the government approved rBGH, it was thought that IGF-1 from milk would be broken down in the human digestive tract,” says North. As it turns out, the casein in milk protects most of it, according to several independent studies. “There’s not 100% proof that this is increasing cancer in humans,” admits North. “However, it’s banned in most industrialized countries.”The Solution: Check labels for rBGH-free, rBST-free, produced without artificial hormones, or organic milk. These phrases indicate rBGH-free products.

7. CONVENTIONAL APPLES

The Expert: Mark Kastel, former executive for agribusiness and co-director of the Cornucopia Institute, a farm-policy research group that supports organic foodsThe Situation: If fall fruits held a “most doused in pesticides contest,” apples would win. Why? They are individually grafted (descended from a single tree) so that each variety maintains its distinctive flavor. As such, apples don’t develop resistance to pests and are sprayed frequently. The industry maintains that these residues are not harmful. But Kastel counters that it’s just common sense to minimize exposure by avoiding the most doused produce, like apples. “Farm workers have higher rates of many cancers,” he says. And increasing numbers of studies are starting to link a higher body burden of pesticides (from all sources) with Parkinson’s disease.The Solution: Buy organic apples. If you can’t afford organic, be sure to wash and peel them first.

Source: http://wakeup-world.com/2011/10/06/7-foods-experts-wont-eat/

Scimi

~Zaria~
02-06-2012, 05:23 PM
LOL!

I was going to say - now theres 14 foods that you shouldnt eat.;D

Nice post!

Salaam

Who Am I?
02-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Eh, 5 out of 7 isn't bad.

I love my beef and apples, though.

Ramadhan
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I may not eat as much canned, GMO, and hormone-infused foods as those living in developed countries, but I inhale tons of toxic carcinogenic pollutants, living in a metropolitan city in a developing country.

Who Am I?
02-07-2012, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I may not eat as much canned, GMO, and hormone-infused foods as those living in developed countries, but I inhale tons of toxic carcinogenic pollutants, living in a metropolitan city in a developing country.
Just remember this, dude.

Eat right.

Exercise.

Die anyway.

Have a nice day. ;D

~Zaria~
02-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I think this article fits here....

Are you ORTHOREXIC? (LOL!! ;D)

Orthorexia: the “healthy” eating disorder

Doctissimo – Wed, Feb 8, 2012 16:03 GMT

The idea seems surprising. How can trying to eat well become a health problem? How can wanting to take care of your body by adopting a healthy diet lead to a behavioural disorder?The answer is that “healthy eating” can become a problem when this well-meaning quest falls into excess and eating “pure” meals becomes the day’s sole preoccupation. This disorder is known as orthorexia. Doctissimo gives you the lowdown on this quest for the perfect diet.

What is orthorexia?

Orthorexia is a recently identified problem which Dr Steven Bratman was the first to describe in 19971. The term comes from the Greek “orthos” meaning right or correct, and “orexis” which means appetite.2 This eating disorder is characterised by a pathological obsession with eating healthily and ends up with numerous food restrictions. Orthorexics will often exclude any food from their diet which contains pesticides, herbicides or other chemical products from their diet.
Bulimics, anorexics and orthorexics all have a distorted attitude towards their food. But where anorexics begin to under-nourish themselves in order to lose weight and bulimics eat excessively without feeling either hunger or satisfaction; orthorexics put emphasis on the quality of food rather than the quantity. “For orthorexics, the objective is to be in good health. They fear the effects of the environment on the body and seek to reduce these by eating healthy, good quality food,” explains Catherine Dijuste, therapist and specialist in eating disorders.
Another big difference between these three food-related problems is that there is no “physiological” aspect to orthorexia, as there is in cases of anorexia and bulimia. “This is one of the reasons why orthorexia is not considered an illness”, the specialist adds.

Orthorexia: what are the risks?

Since orthorexics refuse all food which they judge to be “impure,” and sufferers spend most of their time developing different meals according to their special rules, their social lives can gradually disintegrate. It is difficult to dine at friends’ houses or to go to restaurants when not knowing where the food has come from and how it was prepared is an issue. It is exactly this social isolation which is the most serious consequence of this obsession.
Catherine Dijuste is more reassuring on the subject of the health risks associated with orthorexia: “Orthorexia is all about wanting to be healthy. As a result, the sufferer will eat “well”, not wanting to risk developing any kind of deficiency,” except for in certain, extreme cases where orthorexia becomes too restrictive and leads to weight loss and serious nutritional deficiencies. Dr Bratman describes this rarer, more serious, and sometimes fatal version as orthorexia nervosa.
According to the specialist, the main problem is dietary education given to children by orthorexic parents: “Orthorexic parents try to transfer their fear of “poisonous” foods to their children and there is a risk that the children might then become anorexic or bulimic in adolescence. The risk of obsessional disorders becomes greater, because eating becomes a source of worry and guilt for them.”

Profile of an orthorexic

Not considered as ill, and therefore not treated by medical professionals, it is difficult to estimate the number of orthorexics. However, thanks to certain studies, it has been shown that orthorexia mostly affects adults, with women and people who play sport regularly being the most at risk. For adolescents, “It can be a way of hiding another problem, like anorexia,” Catherine Dijuste speculates. Young girls will explain their new diet by affecting a concern for eating well and staying healthy.
People suffering from orthorexia are often very fastidious and organised, with a keen eye for detail. They want to stay in perfect health above anything else, warding off illness and staying slim (synonymous with good health for them) and will develop their own strict dieting rules, which they will force themselves to follow.
Fatty foods, sugar, salt, chemicals... Orthorexics flee from everything they consider to be poison for the body. They generally consume organic products, and in some cases may become vegetarian or vegan.
If the rules of the diet are ever broken, orthorexics are seized by a strong feeling of guilt and will try to do everything they can to “re-purify” their body: diet, detox and deprivation...

Are we all would-be orthorexics?

At a time when health warnings urge us not to eat too much sugar or salt, and to eat five portions of fruit and vegetables a day or risk endangering our health, are we all condemned to become orthorexic?
No according to Catherine Dijuste: “We do not all become orthorexic as the development of this disorder requires certain pre-existing conditions.” Conditions that the specialist defines as a certain fragility: “People with fluctuating self-esteem and who are slightly paranoid, always in control and trying to forget certain problems in their lives by projecting them onto food are more likely to suffer from orthorexia than others.”

The Bratman Test
: Steven Bratman designed a test in order to attempt to identify people who are orthorexic. If you respond “yes” to four or five of the questions, you should try to adopt a more flexible attitude towards your diet. If you respond “yes” to all the questions, you could potentially be suffering from orthorexia, and it could be worthwhile consulting a nutritional specialist to find out more.
  • Do you spend more than three hours a day thinking about your diet?
  • Do you plan your meals a few days in advance?
  • Is the nutritional value of a meal, in your eyes, more important than the taste and the pleasure of eating it?
  • Is your quality of life affected negatively when the quality of your diet improves?
  • Have you recently become more demanding of yourself?
  • Is your other half forced to eat healthily because of you?
  • Have you given up foods which you previously liked in favour of “healthy” foods?
  • Does your diet prevent you from going out, distancing you from your family and friends?
  • Do you feel guilty when you stray from your regime?
  • Do you feel at peace with yourself and feel in control when you eat healthily?
1. Dr Steven Bratman’s Orthorexia Home Page
2. "Orthorexia nervosa. A new eating behaviour disorder?" Actas Esp Psiquiatr. 2005 Jan-Feb;33(1):66-8
Sources :
  • Interview with Catherine Dijuste, therapist, eating disorder specialist, member of French study group on obesity and overwieght (GROS)
  • Orthorexia Nervosa – US National Eating Disorders Association
  • The European Food Information Council
Jessica Xavier

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!