/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can animals be possessed by evil?

crimsontide06
02-05-2012, 03:40 AM
There is this cat, it's not mine, but at night I can sometimes here it acting crazy. It makes loud human like cries/noises...sounds like a human but in a demonic way. Hard to describe but it sounds so evil.

Any info on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SFatima
02-05-2012, 05:28 PM
Read aauzubillah himi nashaitan nirrajeem infront of it, I have heard though the Jinns and shaitans can assume the appearances of animals, Only Allah knows best though. But read the Sura Naas and Surah falak infront of it and shoof in its direction, if its runs then well it was a demon .

crimsontide06
02-05-2012, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Read aauzubillah himi nashaitan nirrajeem infront of it, I have heard though the Jinns and shaitans can assume the appearances of animals, Only Allah knows best though. But read the Sura Naas and Surah falak infront of it and shoof in its direction, if its runs then well it was a demon .
In all respect, Im sorry but I didn't understand a lot of what you just said..

Abz2000
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
yup, i believe they can, even in the previous scripture we are told that the demons got into the swine,
and the us government is possessing beetles and other creatures too and controlling their movements, i would call that demon possession to, and a sign of the fact that it's possible:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009...ntagons-cybor/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
02-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok , you must be a new muslim. Umm what I quoted was the roman of a verse from the Quran, it is spoken before almost everything that we Muslims do, and even before reading the Quran. It means something like " I seek refuge in you Allah, from shaitan the accursed one".

And the other Sura (collection of verses that have a distinct name) are the ones which are specifically used to ward off unseen evil every day of our lives. Hope you got it now?

Hamza Asadullah
02-08-2012, 01:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
There is this cat, it's not mine, but at night I can sometimes here it acting crazy. It makes loud human like cries/noises...sounds like a human but in a demonic way. Hard to describe but it sounds so evil.

Any info on this?
:sl:

It could be a number of reasons from anxiety, lonileness etc. but there is no significance in the shariah for such a thing, so do not think about it too much.

Tyrion
02-08-2012, 02:42 AM
if its runs then well it was a demon .
If a cat runs away from you after you make noises and "shoof" at it, then it's a demon? Haha, I don't think so.

Tyrion
02-08-2012, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
It's most likely just a cat making cat noises... Cats mating or giving birth often sound rather unpleasant and sometimes human like. Also, just as a general rule, it's usually better to not assume "demons" when something strange happens.

crimsontide06
02-08-2012, 03:55 AM
Ok , you must be a new muslim. Umm what I quoted was the roman of a verse from the Quran, it is spoken before almost everything that we Muslims do, and even before reading the Quran. It means something like " I seek refuge in you Allah, from shaitan the accursed one".

And the other Sura (collection of verses that have a distinct name) are the ones which are specifically used to ward off unseen evil every day of our lives. Hope you got it now?
I do ty. Im not new,...I simply don't know much Arabic, I know what you meant by surah..but wasn't sure about the rest. Was looking for a specific verse that talks about animals...someone told me there is one.

SFatima
02-08-2012, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion

If a cat runs away from you after you make noises and "shoof" at it, then it's a demon? Haha, I don't think so.
Now you will.

The jinni may appear in the form of a human being as recorded in Sahih al-Bukhari when a devil came to Abu Hurairah (R.a) in the shape of a poor man and Abu Hurairah found the devil taking much food of charity.

1) The jinni may appear in a form of dog or black cat as confirmed in Sahih Muslim that the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said: "A black dog is devil". Ibn Taimiya (May Allah's Mercy be upon him) said: 'The black dog is a devil, and the jinn often appear in its form, since the black color can bring the devilish powers more than other colors.

2) The jinni can appear in the shape of snakes. Thus, the Messenger (p.b.u.h.) banned killing home snakes lest may any of them be a Muslim jinni. Abu Said al-Khudri (R.a) said that Allah's Messenger (p.b.u.h) said:

"There are Muslim Jinn in al-Madina: If one appears to you, in any form, you are to admonish it to depart for three days. If it appears after that, you must kill it, for it is truly a devil". [Reported by Imam Muslim]

There is this whole narration about a man killing a snake in the mosque. Once a muslim man got free from salah he saw a cobra like snake roaming around in the masjid, He went after it and killed it deeming it harmful. It turned out that the snake was a Djin, had assumed the appearance of a snake, and was the son of the king of Jinns.

The King was furious and sought revenge from that man. He sent some djinns to that person and asked him to be presented infront of the king of djinns or be pestered by Djins all his life to offer the life of his kin or himself. The man agreed to make himself clear, went to the King and was asked why he'd killed his son. The man replied to him that our Prophet had instructed us to kill such an animal and the snake had neither told him that he was actually a djinn and did not disappear when he summoned for him to go from that place.

The King called for all the djinns and asked them to find a djinn who was a muslim and knew of such a thing. A very old sahabi djinn came forth and confirmed that the Prophet MUhammad saww had instructed his people about this. The snake killer was then let go.

Ramadhan
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Cat's mating normally emits this horrible voice like a demon baby squealing.

SFatima
02-08-2012, 10:48 AM
But the sound you're saying is usual for cats to make.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!