/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Someone broke my password and hacked ID :(

Muslim Woman
02-06-2012, 05:17 PM
:sl:

someone broke my password and hacked ID in other forum .:raging:

How to find out who is doing this ? Admin convert sis is trying to find it out , any suggesstion ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
02-06-2012, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

someone broke my password and hacked ID in other forum .:raging:

How to find out who is doing this ? Admin convert sis is trying to find it out , any suggesstion ?
:wa:

Maybe trace the IP address of the posts that you know are not yours? That might give you an idea of who was doing it.

Muslim Woman
02-07-2012, 02:02 AM

Thanks a lot but actually he ( I am sure it's he , normally sisters don't do this type of horrible act :statisfie ) hacked my account and deleted many threads , but did not post any .

So , anymore idea ?

Jazak Allah Khair.

$tr@wB3rRy
02-07-2012, 02:27 AM
:wa:

It's pretty easy if the culprit is also a member of that forum, normally when an account is shared with diff pc's it gets deducted by the system. Dont worry, u wil b sorted in sha'Allaah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM
why would someone do that anyways? Wots the point? I hope it's okay now

Txyib
02-11-2012, 10:32 PM
salaam
it could be that you had given someone else your password for something else and it may have worked with IB
moreover it could be done through many ways including softwares and virus however i dont think it has reached that extent
what i would recommend is that you report this and change your password immediatly for best reasons as the person may not be able to check your account and post comments
wasalam

Muslim Woman
02-12-2012, 04:31 AM

I don't know who is doing this nasty thing . Admin convert sis is suspecting 2 who don't want to run her the Islamic fourm ; so trying to create problems . And Allah Knows Best.

It's strange that host server is not helping her to find the culprit :raging:

She needs to check all the different IP addresses that she found in my account. May Allah makes it easy for her.

Muslim Woman
03-07-2012, 01:13 PM

I closed my facebook account long ago . On 1st March , I got this notice : The Facebook account associated with @ com was recently reactivated.

I am shocked .
How to understand if anyone used my account ? Thanks in advance.

Predator
03-07-2012, 03:03 PM
It always easy to change the IP address by using a proxy server. Passwords can also be cracked using keyloggers/password recover disk and can be sniffed in a wifi network

Al-bint
03-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I closed my facebook account long ago . On 1st March , I got this notice : The Facebook account associated with @ com was recently reactivated.

I am shocked .
same happened with me! one day i was sitting with my friend (who was online on fb) and she's like, "hey! u'r online!" and I'm like ^o)?!!

yeah then i chechd my wall and allegedly i had like a page named 'shaadi.com' Lol and i was a fan of Manchester United! these things happen and people may not even have a purpose. Mostly its jus for fun :raging:

jazakallah!

Muslim Woman
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM

lol . that's not funny at all . So , there is no chance to know who (at least from which country / area ) browsed my account ?

Muslim Woman
03-08-2012, 04:57 PM

browsed & found this .

How To Enable Facebook Account Login History?

Copyright © Walker 07 May 2010 03:14

Facebook offers an optional account security feature allows users to be notified (by email) when the account login is done from computer or Internet devices that are never been used or acknowledged by the account owners.

Once you’ve turned on this (new) feature, Facebook will prompt you to register the computer, after the login screen but before loading the Facebook News Feed, if that computer is either never been used to login your Facebook account OR the web browser cache that contains your previous login activities has been emptied / deleted:

Enable Facebook account login activity tracking feature

1) Login to Facebook, click the Account link on the top-right corner followed by Account Settings.

2) Locate the Account Security and click Change. Select Yes and click Submit.

After turn on the Facebook Account Security feature, you (or the bad guy) will be prompted to register the new computer (as mentioned earlier) and an email alert about account login on this new registered computer will be sent to the owner’s registered email address (i.e. the one used to login to Facebook).
If you are using same login password for both the Facebook and email, then this feature is pretty useless as the bad guy would have login the registered email account too and delete that notification.
Although this feature is a bit troublesome to people (me and probably you) who regularly empty web browser cache, I personally think it is worth to be enabling. At least, the bad guy will think twice as he is prompted to register the computer used to login Facebook account that is not of him/her.

P/S: I am also looking forward Facebook to support HTTPS entirely, from the time of account login until logoff, to prevent my “precious” privacy from easily read by network sniffer as the plain-text data packets travel across the computer network.

http://www.walkernews.net/2010/05/07...login-history/

Dagless
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
1) Change all your passwords which were the same as that site.
2) Stop accessing sites from public/work wifi hotspots (and also format your pc to be extra sure :p).

format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
It always easy to change the IP address by using a proxy server. Passwords can also be cracked using keyloggers/password recover disk and can be sniffed in a wifi network
I made a thread years ago about using ssl on this site but none of the admins replied, and it was never implemented. It's a shame because it would be good to have a secure forum.

Muslim Woman
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless

I made a thread years ago about using ssl .
thanks for the info . The convert sis thinks it could be the solution for her forum.

Al-bint
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
lol . that's not funny at all . So , there is no chance to know who (at least from which country / area ) browsed my account ?
on fb there is... you can enable login notifications which at least give you the IP addresses from which you have been accessing your account. even yahoo has that... don't know abt rest. the IP address can atleast tell you the country and area...

wasalaam!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!