/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 6th pillar of imaan

anonymous
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Salaam,

If the 6th pillar of imaan is quadar, where does predestiny come into it? And choice?
This topic confuses me and I know it is said that people will debate and not understand this.
If all is planned what's the need of istikhara?

Jzk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
02-07-2012, 12:05 AM
:salamext:

Qadr IS predestination. Here is an explanation of Qadr.

Pre-destination (Qadr) in islam by Salem al Amri

Part 1

Part 2

anonymous
02-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I have watched those videos but my i still don't quite understand. Can anyone simplify things for me?

'Abd-al Latif
02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I have watched those videos but my i still don't quite understand. Can anyone simplify things for me?
Things are predestined to happen but you are also given a free will to do things that you will be held accountable for. Think of a horse tied to a tree on a length of rope; whatever is within the range of the rope, you have the free will to choose what you want to do but are held accountable for it. Whatever is beyond this rope, you are not held accountable.

Things within the range of this rope include your manners and behaviour towards people. Here you CHOOSE to be kind and respectful and earn reward, or you choose to be the opposite and earn Allah's displeasure.

Things beyond the range of this rope include your skin colour, nationality etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Where does allahs will come into it? For example if I pray to go to university, or a certain job or to marry a particular somebody and it doesn't occur, does that mean it is by allahs will and wasn't good for me?

'Abd-al Latif
02-07-2012, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Where does allahs will come into it? For example if I pray to go to university, or a certain job or to marry a particular somebody and it doesn't occur, does that mean it is by allahs will and wasn't good for me?
When you are given a choice you are given two paths to choose from. One path is harmful and the other one isn't. When you pray istikhaara you ask Allah to guide towards the better of the two paths and thus Allah guides you to it. But Allah already knew that you were going to make this decision out of your free will.

So yes when something doesn't happen that means it wasn't good for you and it was Allah's will. But whatever did/didn't befall you was because of your actions i.e. your actions/free will determines the outcome of an event.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!