/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Muhammad/The Messenger Muhammad of over 1400 years ago.

truthseeker63
02-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Some Christians I have talked to tell me that Prophet Muhammad/The Messenger Muhammad of over 1400 years ago could not be a true Prophet because he was not a Israelite he was a Ishmaelite how would Muslims respond to ths claim ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

That's a bit illogical, if they consider Abraham(pbuh) an Israelite, then what does that make his son?

truthseeker63
03-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Did'nt God send Messengers to all Nations ? Also did'nt the Israelites/Israel/Children of Israel break the Covenant ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_in_Islam

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covenant_(biblical)

truthseeker63
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Please anyone post.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truthseeker63
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Thank you.

truthseeker63
04-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Please post if you have any info to give thanks.

truthseeker63
04-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Can anyone answer thank you ?

fahim kamran
04-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) was the prophet of Islam religion per revelation of Quran to him that reflects real God (Allah in Arabic) words revelation to him through the Angel Gabriel (Jibril). He was born in Mecca (or Makkah) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) in year 570 AD. He started receiving Quran God revelation in year 610 AD through the year 632 AD (year of his death).

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was in charge of:
Announcing and conveying the Quran message
Teaching people and guiding them to the right path
Promising the believers and monotheists with good God rewards and warning the atheists and polytheists.
Serving as a real human model for the good morals and ethics that anyone should follow in his life
Being witness

As detailed below:
Announcing and conveying the Quran message, real words of God (Allah in Arabic), to the people of the world. These God words were revealed by God to prophet Muhammad through the Angel Gabriel (Jibril); started in year 610 AD through year 632 AD (year of prophet Muhammad death).

Quran says:
۞ يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ ۖ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّـهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ ﴿٦٧﴾

Meaning English translation:
{ O Messenger, announce that which has been revealed to you from your Lord, and if you do not, then you have not conveyed His message. And Allah will protect you from the people. Indeed, Allah does not guide the disbelieving people. (67)}
[Quran, chapter 5, verse 67]

and says
كَذَٰلِكَ أَرْسَلْنَاكَ فِي أُمَّةٍ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهَا أُمَمٌ لِّتَتْلُوَ عَلَيْهِمُ الَّذِي أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ وَهُمْ يَكْفُرُونَ بِالرَّحْمَـٰنِ ۚ قُلْ هُوَ رَبِّي لَا إِلَـٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَإِلَيْهِ مَتَابِ ﴿٣٠﴾ {We have sent you to a nation before whom there lived many nations so that you would read to them what We have revealed to you. They still deny the existence of the Beneficent God. Say, "He is my Lord besides whom there is no other God. I trust Him and turn to Him in repentance." (30)} [Quran, chapter 13, verse 30]

and says:
إِنَّ فِي هَـٰذَا لَبَلَاغًا لِّقَوْمٍ عَابِدِينَ ﴿١٠٦﴾ وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ ﴿١٠٧﴾ قُلْ إِنَّمَا يُوحَىٰ إِلَيَّ أَنَّمَا إِلَـٰهُكُمْ إِلَـٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ ۖ فَهَلْ أَنتُم مُّسْلِمُونَ ﴿١٠٨﴾ فَإِن تَوَلَّوْا فَقُلْ آذَنتُكُمْ عَلَىٰ سَوَاءٍ ۖ وَإِنْ أَدْرِي أَقَرِيبٌ أَم بَعِيدٌ مَّا تُوعَدُونَ ﴿١٠٩﴾

{ Indeed, in this [Qur'an] is notification for a worshiping people. (106) And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. (107) Say, "It is only revealed to me that your god is but one God; so will you be Muslims [in submission to Him]?" (108) But if they turn away, then say, "I have announced to [all of] you equally. And I know not whether near or far is that which you are promised. (109)}
[Quran, chapter 21, verses 106-109]

and says:
مَّن يُطِعِ الرَّسُولَ فَقَدْ أَطَاعَ اللَّـهَ ۖ وَمَن تَوَلَّىٰ فَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ عَلَيْهِمْ حَفِيظًا ﴿٨٠﴾

{He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian. (80)}
[Quran, chapter 4, verse 80]
Teaching people and guiding them to the right path

Quran says:
لَقَدْ مَنَّ اللَّـهُ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِذْ بَعَثَ فِيهِمْ رَسُولًا مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُوا مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلَالٍ مُّبِينٍ ﴿١٦٤﴾

{Certainly did Allah confer [great] favor upon the believers when He sent among them a Messenger from themselves, reciting to them His verses and purifying them and teaching them the Book and wisdom, although they had been before in manifest error. (164)}
[Quran, chapter 3, verse 164]
Promising the believers and monotheists with good God rewards and warning the atheists and polytheists.

Quran says:
وَبِالْحَقِّ أَنزَلْنَاهُ وَبِالْحَقِّ نَزَلَ ۗ وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا مُبَشِّرًا وَنَذِيرًا ﴿١٠٥﴾

{ And with the truth We have sent the Qur'an down, and with the truth it has descended. And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. (105) }
[Quran, chapter 17, verse 105]

and says:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا كَافَّةً لِّلنَّاسِ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلَـٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ ﴿٢٨﴾

{And We have not sent you except comprehensively to mankind as a bringer of good tidings and a warner. But most of the people do not know. (28)}
[Quran, chapter 34, verse 28]
Serving as a real human model for the good morals and ethics that anyone should follow in his life. You find in prophet Muhammad (PBUH) the models for the boy, the orphan, the poor, the rich, the merchant, the buyer, the seller, the borrower, the warrior, the peace seeker, the brother, the companion, the traveler, the worshiper, the husband, the father, the grand father, the state man, the judge, the leader, the ruler, ....

Quran says:

لَقَدْ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَءُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ ﴿١٢٨﴾

{A Messenger from your own people has come to you. Your destruction and suffering is extremely grievous to him. He really cares about you and is very compassionate and merciful to the believers. (128)} [Quran, chapter 9, verse 128]

and says:
مَا أَنتَ بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ بِمَجْنُونٍ ﴿٢﴾ وَإِنَّ لَكَ لَأَجْرًا غَيْرَ مَمْنُونٍ ﴿٣﴾ وَإِنَّكَ لَعَلَىٰ خُلُقٍ عَظِيمٍ ﴿٤﴾

{ (Muhammad), you are not insane, thanks to the bounty of your Lord. (2) You will certainly receive a never-ending reward. (3) You have attained a high moral standard. (4)} [Quran, chapter 68, verses 2-4]
As witness:

Quran says:
فَكَيْفَ إِذَا جِئْنَا مِن كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ بِشَهِيدٍ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ عَلَىٰ هَـٰؤُلَاءِ شَهِيدًا ﴿٤١﴾

{ So how [will it be] when We bring from every nation a witness and we bring you, [O Muhammad] against these [people] as a witness? (41) }
[Quran, chapter 4, verse 41]

and says:
وَيَوْمَ نَبْعَثُ فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْهِم مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ ۖ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ شَهِيدًا عَلَىٰ هَـٰؤُلَاءِ ۚ وَنَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ تِبْيَانًا لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ ﴿٨٩﴾ ۞ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالْإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَيَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ ۚ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ ﴿٩٠﴾

{And [mention] the Day when We will resurrect among every nation a witness over them from themselves. And We will bring you, [O Muhammad], as a witness over your nation. And We have sent down to you the Book as clarification for all things and as guidance and mercy and good tidings for the Muslims. (89) Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded. (90)}
[Quran, chapter 16, verses 89-90]

and says:
....وَكَذَٰلِكَ جَعَلْنَاكُمْ أُمَّةً وَسَطًا لِّتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ وَيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ عَلَيْكُمْ شَهِيدًا

{And thus we have made you a just community that you will be witnesses over the people and the Messenger will be a witness over you...}
[Quran, chapter 2, verse 143]

Insaanah
04-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Assalaamu alaikum truthseeker63

format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
Some Christians I have talked to tell me that Prophet Muhammad/The Messenger Muhammad of over 1400 years ago could not be a true Prophet because he was not a Israelite he was a Ishmaelite how would Muslims respond to ths claim ?
Humans may have written that possibly because it would be highly convenient, as then an excuse could be made not to follow the next prophet that God was going to send. Except that they made one omission, which tells that a prophet was going to come, descended from Ishmael (peace be upon him):

And, actually, God tells Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) in the Bible that there will come a non-israelite prophet, specifically an ishmaelite prophet, who people have to follow:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy.18:18).

First thing is "a prophet from among their brethren", note that it does not say "from among them" but "from among their brethren". Who are the brethren of the israelites? The ishmaelites! If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham (peace be upon them all), then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the brethren of the children of the other. So God is telling them that a Prophet will come, who is a descendent of Ishmael (peace be upon him).

Next: "Like unto thee".

Some say the verses refer to Jesus (peace be upon him) but let's put that to the test and examine the likes:

Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) had a mother and father, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) had a normal birth, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) married and had children, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) were accepted by their people in their lifetime, while Jesus (pbuh) on the whole was not accepted by the Jews he was sent to.
Both Moses (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh) died natural deaths, Jesus (pbuh) did not.
And the list goes on...

So the Prophet like unto Moses (peace be upon him) is Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Next:"And I will put my words into his mouth"

History tells us that Muhummad (pbuh) was forty years of age. He was in a cave some three miles north of the City of Mecca. In the cave the Archangel Gabriel commands him in his mother tongue: 'Iqra'' which means Read! or Proclaim! or Recite! Muhummed (pbuh) was terrified and in his bewilderment replied that he was not learned! The angel commands him a second time with the same result. For the third time the angel continues.

Now Muhummad (pbuh) grasps what was required of him was to repeat! to rehearse! And he repeats the words as they were put into his mouth:

"Read! In the name of your Lord and Cherisher, who created-
Created man, from a clinging substance:

Read! And thy Lord is most bountiful,-
He who taught (the use of) the pen,

Taught man that which he knew not".
(Holy Qur'an 96:1-5)

These are the first five verses which were revealed to Prophet Muhummad (peace be upon him) which now occupy the beginning of the 96th chapter of the Holy Qur'an.

"If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

113 chapters of the Qur'an as revealed by Allah to, and spoken by Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) all begin with "In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." God's words, spoken by the Prophet, in His name. With this formula in fact, Muslims begin every lawful act. And in the first revelation to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), mentioned above, what were the words that came immediately after Read? Have a look... "in the name of your Lord."

The Prophecy is fulfilled in Prophet Muhummad (peace be upon him) to the letter. And it is said in the Bible that God said:

"If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

Which means that Christians and Jews have to believe in Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Sahih International
O Mankind, the Messenger has come to you with the truth from your Lord, so believe; it is better for you. But if you disbelieve - then indeed, to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and earth. And ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. (4:70)

Sahih International
Say, [O Muhammad], "O mankind, indeed I am the Messenger of Allah to you all, [from Him] to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. There is no deity except Him; He gives life and causes death." So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered prophet, who believes in Allah and His words, and follow him that you may be guided. (7:158)

Unlike Christians and Jews, Muslims do not reject nor discriminate nor defame the characters of any of the prophets or messengers of God, and that is one of our articles of faith. We believe in and accept them all, as the noblest of humanity that ever walked the face of the earth, sent to guide and warn mankind. And this is what God says in the Qur'an about Prophet Ishmael (peace be upon him):

And mention in the Book, Ishmael. Indeed, he was true to his promise, and he was a messenger and a prophet.
And he used to enjoin on his people prayer and almsgiving and was to his Lord, pleasing. (Translation of Qur'an 19:54-55)

Say (O Muslims): "We believe in Allah, and that which has been revealed to us, and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the descendants, and what was given to to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) Prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And to Him we have submitted (in Islam)." (Holy Qur'an 2:136).

Peace.

YusufNoor
04-25-2012, 12:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishmael
:sl:

first of all, just slap them! ;D

if a prophet need be an Israelite, then Abraham wasn't one as Israel was his grandson. then if they say that "since" Abraham, they need be Israelite, relate this story:

Gen 21:14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the Desert of Beersheba.

15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. 16 Then she went off and sat down about a bowshot away, for she thought, “I cannot watch the boy die.” And as she sat there, she[c] began to sob.

17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. 18 Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.”

19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.

this would make Hagar a Prophet as she received revelation. Hagar was Egyptian, hypothesis disproved. but notice God promising to make Ishmael a GREAT nation. this great nation is Islam. who made it? God himself said He would make it! thus, according to the Torah, God sent Muhammad, pbuh, to fulfill a promise made to Hagar!

checkmate!

but i would still slap them! :D

:wa:

Sam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!