/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to overcome it

Marina-Aisha
02-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Okay so I was super nervous going back to work, wearing my hijaab but there have been really nice bout it. I wasn't prepared for the customers to be rude to me and give me dirty looks. I wanna know how to get over this when I hear someone make fun my voice or give some dirty look it really hurts me. I know I should get thicker skin but I've always been an emotional person. What can I do? Is there a dua I can do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
:sl:

ingore those persons and don't care about this matter as long as Allah loves u and u don't disobey Him.

Salahudeen
02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Perhaps one of the hardest things to do, is to not react to such people, doesn't your company have a policy to protect staff from this, I've seen in many places "our staff have the right to work without abuse of any kind and it will not be tolerated" something along these lines, doesn't your company have this?

Periwinkle18
02-12-2012, 06:11 PM
just tell ur self:

This is who I am, this is me
Nothing, everything, can’t you see
Who I am, just let me be
Cos like it or not but God loves me

and listen to this :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Thanx guys It's just I'm in area in the uk where it's all English chavs( most the r racists) and they look u like ur diseased or something. They make cruel comments, just hurts. Just wanted if they any dua I can do to make me more stronger person to take these comments. Sounds silly now.. I guess I'll just have to suck it up I guess..maybe some kinda of test. That I have to overcome on my own. Strange thing is I was so worried bout my co workers would think ( even thought of not wearing it on my first day) that I didn't even think hw other people would react. Im glad i did wear my hijaab, my co workers have been great I guess that's all I can do.. I guess deep down there wasn't an answer.. I know u should ignore just hurts to hear. Suck it up I guess.

Cabdullahi
02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
do defeat the chavs you have be a chav

if they look at you just say this :

''Wat u lookyn at mate! you want ur eyes taken out for ya! dont bover me! i've got to get to iceland need some fry ups to 'ave for lunch''

Thats it...sorted!

Abz2000
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
there is a dua of Musa (as) when he was assigned with the responsibility of going to pharaoh despite being wanted for murder and he prayed for confidence:
(Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast;

"Ease my task for me;
"And remove the impediment from my speech,
"So they may understand what I say:
Quran 20:26-28

there was another variation of it we learned when we were little,
it goes like this:

rabbi shrahli sadri
wa yassirli amri
wahlul 'uqdatammillisaani
yafqahu qawli
rabbi zidni 'ilma
rabbi zidni hikmah
Allahumma inni as-aluka
'ilmannaafi'au
wafahman kaamilau
wa rizqan waasi'au
wa shifaa-anmin kulli daa
rabbi yassir
walaa tu'assir
watammim 'alaina bil khayr
wabika nasta'eenu yaa musta'an

oh my Lord expand for me my breast
and ease my task for me
and remove the impediment from my tongue (speech)
so that they may understand my speech
oh my Lord, increase me in knowledge
oh my Lord, increase me in wisdom
our God, i ask of you knowledge which benefits
******don't know the meaning of this part******
and sustenance that is sufficient
and cure from all ills
oh my Lord, make things easy for me
and do not make things difficult for me
and ********tammim 'alayna(unsure of meaning) with goodness
and it is to you we plead, oh the one who is worthy of pleas.

would be great if someone added the meaning of the asterisks and i'd edit it
and would love to know the meaning too

i have found it lifted a burden from my shoulders and made me relaxed, easy and communicative before public speech.

'Abd-al Latif
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina28
Okay so I was super nervous going back to work, wearing my hijaab but there have been really nice bout it. I wasn't prepared for the customers to be rude to me and give me dirty looks. I wanna know how to get over this when I hear someone make fun my voice or give some dirty look it really hurts me. I know I should get thicker skin but I've always been an emotional person. What can I do? Is there a dua I can do?
:salamext:

It's not easy. Muslims face this kind of treat all the time. Remember who you are wearing your hijaab for and from whom you expect reward from and nothing will matter after this. Allah is capable of everything; He is the Overwhelming, the Irresistible, the one who gives honour and elevates those who are sincere to Him and obey Him.

قُلۡ إِنَّ صَلَاتِى وَنُسُكِى وَمَحۡيَاىَ وَمَمَاتِى لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلۡعَـٰلَمِينَ

"Say: Verily, my prayers, my sacrifice, my life, and my death are for Allah, the Lord of All the Worlds." (Qur'an 6:162)

وَعِبَادُ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلَّذِينَ يَمۡشُونَ عَلَى ٱلۡأَرۡضِ هَوۡنً۬ا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ ٱلۡجَـٰهِلُونَ قَالُواْ سَلَـٰمً۬ا

The (faithful) slaves of the Beneficent are they who walk upon the earth modestly, and when the foolish ones address them answer: Peace; (Quran 25:63)

Al Fudail Ibn 'Iyaad said: "Do not feel lonely on the paths of guidence just because few people travel them, and do not be decieved by the abundance of destroyed travelers [on the paths of misguidence]." [The Book of Manners by Fu'ad Ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez Ash-Shulhoob, Page 31]

And never give up the hijaab, as Ibn Qayyim said: "And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him." [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]

I pray that Allah makes it easy for you and keeps you steadfast.

On a related note, this video below about du'aa may encourage you to be steadfast.

Title: How do you speak to your Lord?

Marina-Aisha
02-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Coool thanx guys u all have been very helpful..I'll check out later thanx

Abz2000
02-14-2012, 06:10 AM
we da strangers:

Periwinkle18
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
^ love it, its one ov my fav :)

Riana17
02-15-2012, 11:44 AM
Asalam Alaikkum Sister

I AM SO HAPPY YOU FINALLY GOT A JOB:statisfie, Alhamdollellah rabbil Alameeen

Do not worry about them, just deal with them properly, SMILE & relax, answer their questions properly and dont look at them anymore once you entertain them. Do not observe what they will say or comment about

Ignorance is a kind :)
May Allah make things easy for you, Ameeeen

Marina-Aisha
02-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks guys awesome videos :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!