/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Much Time Do You Spend On-Line?

~Zaria~
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

As someone who is relatively new to forums (just over 6 months), I realise that one can spend a LOT of time each day - browsing threads, responding to posts, reading articles, etc.....
And I sometimes wonder if I could have rather used this time to engage in ?more meaningful activities......:hmm:

So, how much time do you spend on-line each day?

An hour?
5 Hours?

Is this time spent in researching work-related stuff, or casual browsing because you are bored?

And more importantly:
Do you feel guilty for having spent so much time in virtual reality?

Is real life passing you by as you remain seated in front of your PC/ laptop? :unsure:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Periwinkle18
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
ALOT cuz wen im working in skool i use the net at home i use the net i duno how much time i spend per day it changes its more than an hour though.

i guess both

i do sometimes makes me feel really bad then buh its an addiction :( n plus all of my frnds live abroad the only way i can talk to them is through skype or facebook

KDhieb
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
:sl:

Previously, my time online was wasted upon irrelevant and unimportant things.. today, however, the content I view is much different... I make sure to balance that with my school work... it's also important to make sure you get off the computer at some point though and not remain in that same position for hours and hours on end ......unless absolutely necessary..

~Zaria~
02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
*sigh*

I really need to try and cut back on my on-line time :(

My problem is that I spend soo much time browsing the net......that the rest of my life is suffering - such as my studies, projects that are fast approaching their deadlines :( .....i no longer exercise, etc.

This is NOT good.....:-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KDhieb
02-15-2012, 05:12 PM
you need to find time for exercise.... its very important to find time in your schedule for that... I, as well have a hard time doing so.. especially going through the winter season.. but even if you add speed walking to your schedule every day... u can slowly build the habit of exercise...

Scimitar
02-15-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm online a lot... but I'm usually busy researching something or the other, or cross referencing stuff I need to link dots with.

But, I do chill quite a bit too. I mean, research is stressful and sometimes the brain gets info-overload. So I jump into the lambs MSN group and chill with the members there, and then without warning, I go into lurk mode and start researching again.

Other times, I come visit here and stay signed in... not even browsing or anything. But occasionally, I get the bug to post too.

I think I should cut down on my online time... but will I? I don't think so.

The thing is, I am still able to do the things I normally should - real life stuff, so I'm not that bothered really ;D

Scimi

peace_maker
02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

So, how much time do you spend on-line each day?
:wa:
What a time to post such a question. <_< When I've got a curfew. I never used to time myself but now I'm only allowed for one hour. :( And it's not enough! :heated:

Is this time spent in researching work-related stuff, or casual browsing because you are bored?
Nah. Juz cause it's become the usual. And I'm addict. :hmm:

And more importantly:
Do you feel guilty for having spent so much time in virtual reality?
Not really.

Is real life passing you by as you remain seated in front of your PC/ laptop? :unsure:
Not completely.. but, yes. :-[

rose17
02-16-2012, 05:26 PM
depends what i am doing, if i am at college then i will be doing my work, as we can't go to any socail networking websites. But when i am at home might go to fb or msn to pass my time. Sometime come to this website for a while.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!