/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

ILuvAllah
02-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Salam,

Last night I forgot to pray witr. After praying Isha, I left witr to pray after tahajjud but I did not pray tahajjud, cause I have heard you must sleep a while before pray tahajjud but I couldnt sleep much. Then I woke up for fajr but I completely forgot witr. I feel so bad about it. what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
02-15-2012, 11:01 AM
:sl:
make qaza of it. mean u can pray it tonight by intention that its ur missed witr of last night.
or let some more knowledgeable to reply.

ILuvAllah
02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
When praying tahajjud, Is it necessary to pray witr after tahajjud ?

Ghazalah
02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Are you Hanafi? I know the in Hanafi Madhab you will be sinful for missing it, as they see it as wajib.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ILuvAllah
02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Are you Hanafi? I know the in Hanafi Madhab you will be sinful for missing it, as they see it as wajib.
I'm not sure what Madhab I am:embarrass

Hamza Asadullah
02-19-2012, 02:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by luv4Allah
Salam,

Last night I forgot to pray witr. After praying Isha, I left witr to pray after tahajjud but I did not pray tahajjud, cause I have heard you must sleep a while before pray tahajjud but I couldnt sleep much. Then I woke up for fajr but I completely forgot witr. I feel so bad about it. what should I do?

If a person thinks they will definately wake up for Tahajjud then they should leave the witr prayer for after Tahajjud in the latter part of the night. But if a person thinks they may not wake up for Tahajjud then it is best to pray Witr before sleeping because it is better to be safe as Witr is wajib (compulsory) according to the Hanafi madhab, so if you follow this specific madhab then you must pray the witr prayer and If one misses it then they must make it up. According to the other madhabs it is an emphasised sunnah (sunnah Mu'kkaddha) and so should be prayed regularly.

Similarly one can also pray Tahajjud before sleeping as the majority of scholars state that it is not necessery to sleep to be able to pray Tahajjud but it is far more rewarding to sleep first and then wake up for Tahajjud prayer. So one may pray Tahajjud before sleeping and also Witr and then if one was to wake up fo Tahajjud then one can also pray more Tahajjud prayers as it is anything upto 12 raka'ah.

And Allah knows best in all matters

ILuvAllah
02-19-2012, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

If a person thinks they will definately wake up for Tahajjud then they should leave the witr prayer for after Tahajjud in the latter part of the night. But if a person thinks they may not wake up for Tahajjud then it is best to pray Witr before sleeping because it is better to be safe as Witr is wajib (compulsory). If one misses it then they must make it up.

Similarly one can also pray Tahajjud before sleeping as it is not necessery to sleep to be able to pray Tahajjud but it is far more rewarding to sleep first and then wake up for Tahajjud prayer. So one may pray Tahajjud before sleeping and also Witr and then if one was to wake up fo Tahajjud then one can also pray more Tahajjud prayers as it is anything upto 12 raka'ah.

And Allah knows best in all matters
thank you. i needed this clarification as many people say it is necessary to sleep. and I saw in Sahih Bukhari that the Prophet (pbuh) used to pray witr after tahajjud.

Amat Allah
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Ruling on negligence in performing Witr prayer

Praise be to Allaah.

Witr prayer is Sunnah mu’akkadah (a confirmed suunah) according to the majority of scholars, and some of the fuqaha’ regarded it as obligatory.

The fact that it is not obligatory is indicated by the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (1891) and Muslim (11) from Talhah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what prayers has Allaah enjoined on me?” He said: “The five prayers, unless you do anything voluntarily.” The version narrated by Muslim says: “Five prayers every day and night.” He said: “Do I have to do anything else?’ He said, “No, unless you do it voluntarily.” Al-Nawawi said: This indicates that Witr prayer is not obligatory. End quote. Al-Haafiz said in al-Fath:

This indicates that no prayers during the day and night are obligatory apart from the five prayers; this is contrary to the view of those who say that Witr or the two Sunnah rak’ahs of Fajr are obligatory. End quote.

However it is the most confirmed Sunnah and was enjoined by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in more than one hadeeth. Muslim (754)

narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Perform Witr before morning comes.”
Abu Dawood

(1416) narrated that ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people of the Qur’aan, pray Witr, for Allaah is One and loves that which is odd-numbered.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Hence we should continue to offer Witr prayer regularly, whether travelling or not, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do. Al-Bukhaari (1000) and Muslim (700) narrated that Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was on a journey, atop his mount, whichever direction it was facing, gesturing the motions of the night prayer, except the obligatory prayer, and he prayed Witr atop his mount.” Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Witr is not obligatory. This is the view of Maalik and al-Shaafa’i.

Abu Haneefah said: it is obligatory. Then he said: Ahmad said: Whoever omits to pray Witr deliberately is a bad man, whose testimony should not be accepted. He wanted to emphasize that it is confirmed because of the ahaadeeth which say that it is enjoined and encouraged. End quote from al-Mughni, 1/827

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked: Is Witr prayer obligatory, and will the one who prays it on some days and not on others be punished for that?

They replied:

Witr prayer is Sunnah mu’akkadah (a confirmed Sunnah) which the believer should adhere to. Whoever prays it on some days and not on others will not be blamed for that, but he should be advised to pray Witr regularly. It is prescribed to pray two rak’ahs during the day instead if a person misses it, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do that, as it was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: If sleep or sickness kept him from praying at night, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would pray twelve rak'ahs during the day. Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) usually prayed eleven rak’ahs at night, saying the salaam after each two rak'ahs then praying one rak'ah on its own. But if sleep or sickness kept him from doing that, he would pray twelve rak’ahs during the day, as ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) stated. Based on this, if a person usually prays five rak’ahs at night but he sleeps or misses them for any other reason, it is prescribed for him to pray six rak’ahs during the day, saying salaam after each two rak’ahs. If his habit is to pray three rak’ahs, then he should pray four rak'ahs with two salaams, and if his habit is to pray seven rak’ahs, he should pray eight with the salaam after each two rak’ahs. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 7/172.
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/36793

Amat Allah
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Praying Witr after the adhaan of Fajr

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

The time for praying Witr ends when dawn comes, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The night prayers are two by two, then when you fear that dawn is about to break, then pray one (rak’ah) and make the prayers that you have offered odd-numbered.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 472.

Muslim (754) narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray Witr before dawn comes.”

If the adhaan for Fajr is given and a person has not yet prayed witr, he should delay it until the forenoon, after the sun has risen high, then he should pray whatever he can, two or four rak’ahs or more, two by two. If his habit is to pray three and he did not pray them at night, he should pray them in the forenoon with four rak’ahs and two tasleems. If his habit is to pray five and he was not able to do them at night because he was sick or he was asleep and so on, he should pray them in the forenoon with six rak’ahs and three tasleems, and so on, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do that. He used to pray witr with eleven rak’ahs, but if sickness or sleep kept him from doing that, he would pray them during the day with twelve rak’ahs. This is what ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said according to the report narrated from her by the two shaykhs al-Bukhaari and Muslim, and this is what is prescribed for the ummah, following the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 11/300

Shaykh Ibn Baaz was also asked: Should the last of Witr prayer be done when the adhaan begins for Fajr or at the end of the adhaan? If a person sleeps and misses it, should he make it up and how?

He replied:

It is prescribed for every believer, male and female, to pray Witr every night. The time for it is between ‘Isha’ prayer until dawn begins, because it is narrated in al-Saheehayn from Ibn ‘Umar that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The night prayers are two by two, then if one of you fears that dawn is about to break, let him pray one rak’ah to make what he has prayed odd-numbered.” Muslim narrated in his Saheeh that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri said: “Pray witr before dawn comes.” Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi narrated, in a report that was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, from Khaarijah ibn Hudhaafah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has blessed you with a prayer that is better for you than red camels.” We said: O Messenger of Allaah, what is it? He said: “Witr, between ‘Isha’ prayer and the break of dawn.” And there are many ahaadeeth on this topic, which indicates that Witr ends with the break of dawn.

If a worshipper does not know when dawn is, he may rely on a muezzin who is known to pay attention to the right time. If the muezzin who pays attention to the right time gives the adhaan, then he has missed witr. As for the one who gives the adhaan before dawn breaks, he has not missed witr when he gives the adhaan and this does not mean that it has become haraam for one who is fasting to eat and drink, and the time for Fajr prayer has not begun with this adhaan. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bilaal gives the adhaan at night, so eat and drink until Ibn Umm Maktoom gives the adhaan.” Saheeh – agreed upon. Ibn Umm Maktoom was a blind man who did not give the adhaan until he was told that dawn had come. From what we have mentioned it is clear that the time for witr ends with the first adhaan if the muezzin pays attention to the correct time of dawn, but if the muezzin gives the adhaan when the Muslim is in the final rak'ah of witr, he should complete it because he cannot be certain that dawn has come just from hearing the adhaan, and there is nothing wrong with that in sha Allaah.

If a person misses Fajr, it is prescribed for him to pray what he usually prays during the day, but he should make it even-numbered by adding one rak’ah. If he usually prays three, he should make it four, and if he usually prays five, he should make it six, and so on, saying the tasleem after each two rak’ahs. It is narrated in Saheeh Muslim that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: If the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) missed witr at night because he was sick or sleeping, he would pray twelve rak’ahs during the day. And he usually prayed eleven rak’ahs, but if sickness or sleep kept him from doing that, he would pray twelve rak’ahs as ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said, saying the tasleem after each two rak’ahs, as ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray ten rak’ahs at night, saying the tasleem after each two rak’ahs, and praying witr with one.” Saheeh – agreed upon. And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The prayers of the night and day are two by two.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad and the authors of al-Sunan with a saheeh isnaad from the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him). It is narrated in al-Saheehayn with the wording, “The night prayers are two by two,” as we stated at the beginning. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 11/305-308

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: I am keen to offer witr prayer at the best time for it, before dawn breaks, but sometimes I cannot do it before dawn. Is it permissible for me to pray witr after dawn breaks?

He replied:

If dawn breaks and you have not prayed witr, then do not pray witr, rather pray four rak'ahs during the day if you usually pray witr with three, and six if you usually pray witr with five, and so on.
Because if the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) missed the night prayers, he would pray twelve rak’ahs during the day. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 14/114

It was narrated from a number of the Sahaabah that there is nothing wrong with praying witr after the adhaan of Fajr until the iqaamah is given – such as Ibn Mas’ood (as was narrated by al-Nasaa’i (1667) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i), Ibn ‘Abbaas (as narrated by Maalik in al-Muwatta’ (255)) and ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit (as narrated by Maalik in al-Muwatta’ (257)).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about a person who sleeps and misses Witr prayer.

He replied: He may pray between dawn and Fajr prayer, as ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar, ‘Aa’ishah and others did. Abu Dawood narrated in his Sunan that Abu Sa’eed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sleeps and misses Witr or forgets it, let him pray it when morning comes or he remembers.” There are different reports from Ahmad as to whether he should make up the even-numbered rak’ahs too. The correct view is that he should make up even-numbered rak’ahs too. It is narrated in a saheeh report that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sleeps and misses a prayer or forgets it, let him offer it when he remembers it, for that is the time for it.” This includes obligatory prayers, qiyaam al-layl, Witr and regular Sunnah prayers.” End quote from al-Fataawa al-Kubra, 2/240.

If the Muslim does either of these two things, there is no sin on him in sha Allaah.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/65692

hope that clarify things in shaa Allah and Allah knows the best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!