/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this Haram (Not Allowed)

peaceandlove
02-15-2012, 07:31 AM
:sl:
I work in the field of computer, some time i got a job where I had to make a website for Horoscope. Currently I am also working on a job where I had to promote a client website by giving their links on sites.

My question is will this also be Haram(Not Allowed), Should I had to stop working them. By the way I did not ever agree Horosopce is right?

Please help me. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
02-19-2012, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peaceandlove
I work in the field of computer, some time i got a job where I had to make a website for Horoscope. Currently I am also working on a job where I had to promote a client website by giving their links on sites.

My question is will this also be Haram(Not Allowed), Should I had to stop working them. By the way I did not ever agree Horosopce is right?

Please help me. Thanks

Someone asked a similar question to Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai:

i designed a music site a few months ago with my friend. i have left it cause it is haram. it has some ads displayed on it which are from a third party. is haram for me to take the money coming from the ads?

He answered:

It is Haraam (strictly prohibited) for you to be associated with the music site in any way, that includes taking money from ads on the music site.

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...11782&act=view

Horoscopes and fortune telling are also forbidden in Islam:

"Whoever goes to a fortuneteller or soothsayer and believes in what he says then he has disbelived in what has been revealed to Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Mishkaat pg.393; Qadeemi) "

So you should certainly keep away from such things.

And Allah knows best in all matters

peaceandlove
02-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Hamza. My heart is also in doubt, Inshahallah in future I will try not to do such tasks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!