/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I speak?

KDhieb
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
,:sl:

So I will get right to the point.. I have got a female friend of mine that I met a few years ago before starting university. At that time from what I could see, her faith was much stronger and really not even comparable to the state it is in now. Now it is also possible that I did not know her all that much at the time, for people can be deceiving in such natures.. however just from small simple acts of how she treats family members now as opposed to back then.. her interests today are not right.. and she is not on the right path.. she has distanced herself from a lot of her friends.. and I strongly feel as though her mind is lost... we are no longer on the same page.. her way of thinking has developed in to a typical non-Muslim westerner.. over the past couple of months, we haven't been keeping in touch as much, however she crosses my mind kind of often.. I feel the need to speak to her , although I have been advised from another friend that she will not take it well.. i dont think how she takes it should be my concern at this point, and as a sister ... I know that it is my duty and obligation to speak to her and help since there is no one around her in this situation to tell her otherwise..

how do you think I should approach her?

thank you for your time

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
02-19-2012, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KDhieb
,:sl:

So I will get right to the point.. I have got a female friend of mine that I met a few years ago before starting university. At that time from what I could see, her faith was much stronger and really not even comparable to the state it is in now. Now it is also possible that I did not know her all that much at the time, for people can be deceiving in such natures.. however just from small simple acts of how she treats family members now as opposed to back then.. her interests today are not right.. and she is not on the right path.. she has distanced herself from a lot of her friends.. and I strongly feel as though her mind is lost... we are no longer on the same page.. her way of thinking has developed in to a typical non-Muslim westerner.. over the past couple of months, we haven't been keeping in touch as much, however she crosses my mind kind of often.. I feel the need to speak to her , although I have been advised from another friend that she will not take it well.. i dont think how she takes it should be my concern at this point, and as a sister ... I know that it is my duty and obligation to speak to her and help since there is no one around her in this situation to tell her otherwise..

how do you think I should approach her?

thank you for your time
:sl:

It is our duty to enjoin good and forbid evil particularly towards our families, friends and those we know. So it is a good act to try to contacther in order to try and help her get onto the straight path. Remember though that we cannot guide anyone but we can try our best to give them the best advice we can in the best manner possible using wisdom and tact.

You should start off maybe texting her for a while until you develop some kind of friendship again. After that meet up with her and yo can take it from there and naturally give her dawah. The best dawah is natural. It just comes out at the right times and in a normal conversation without seeming to lecture or patronise.

If you have tried to contact her but she does not respond then leave it. Just text her telling her you are available for her to contact whenever she is ready as you just want to see how she is as you have not seen her in a while. It maybe that if she does not contact you back now then she may do at some point in the future or you may even bumpo into her if Allah wills. The main thing is Allah knows your intentions and you are doing this only to please him.

You should certainly remember her in your duas and ask of Allah to help and guide her as a dua for another in their absence is readily accepted.

May Allah guide her and all of us to the right path. Ameen

KDhieb
02-20-2012, 06:28 AM
جزاك اللهُ خيراً

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!