/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laughing ?

KDhieb
02-20-2012, 06:27 AM
:sl:I was browsing through the internet, reading articles on islamqa.info. I came across "Laughing too much drains life from the heart" .The entire paragraph states: "Another cause of weak faith and hard-heartedness is eating too much, sleeping too much, staying up too late, talking too much and mixing with people too much. Eating too much makes the brain slow and the body heavy, which prevents a person from worshipping Allaah and makes it easy for Shaytaan to tempt him, as it was said: “Whoever eats too much, drinks too much and sleeps too much, loses a great reward.” Talking too much hardens the heart, and mixing too much with people stops a person from having time to be alone and reflect on his own state. Laughing too much drains life from the heart. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 4193; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’). Time that is not filled with worship of Allaah also leads to hard-heartedness, as a person pays heed to neither the rebukes of the Qur’aan nor the advice of faith"Does this just mean to avoid excessive laughing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
03-06-2012, 03:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KDhieb
:sl:I was browsing through the internet, reading articles on islamqa.info. I came across "Laughing too much drains life from the heart" .The entire paragraph states: "Another cause of weak faith and hard-heartedness is eating too much, sleeping too much, staying up too late, talking too much and mixing with people too much. Eating too much makes the brain slow and the body heavy, which prevents a person from worshipping Allaah and makes it easy for Shaytaan to tempt him, as it was said: “Whoever eats too much, drinks too much and sleeps too much, loses a great reward.” Talking too much hardens the heart, and mixing too much with people stops a person from having time to be alone and reflect on his own state. Laughing too much drains life from the heart. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said in a saheeh hadeeth: “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 4193; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’). Time that is not filled with worship of Allaah also leads to hard-heartedness, as a person pays heed to neither the rebukes of the Qur’aan nor the advice of faith"Does this just mean to avoid excessive laughing?
:sl:

Yes because excessive laughter weakens the heart. It also makes one forget the purpose of life as the reality of life is very serious. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “If you but knew what I know, you would laugh little and cry a lot.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

There is nothing wrong with laughing here and there but it should not be so excessive. The only beneficial thing which should be done excessively is the remembrance and glorification of Allah.

We will be in utter regret for each second we wasted without remembering Allah:

Mu`adh Ibn Jabal (RA) said that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The People of Paradise will not regret anything except one thing alone: the hour that passed them by in which they made no remembrance of Allah." Narrated Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-iman (1:392 #512-513)

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!