/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions About Life / Friends / Etc

OriginalSonnet
02-25-2012, 01:30 AM
As Salaamu Alaukoum....

Will be brief.
Posted somewhere on this site...
As usual - things happened - didn't come back to follow up and can't remember where I posted.

I was raised with no religious practice although I went to catholic school, a couple bible studies, part of my family is Buddhist.
I am the only Muslim in my family - as far as I know - so forums are really my only hope because I don't know many Muslims I can talk to.

1. If something like clothes, bowls, shoes, wallets, gifts for others, or other material things has been bought
with haram money and this person is no longer committing acts of sin to gain material things but still has
these possessions what should one do ? I previously gave up most of my clothes and other things like jewelery (not real gold or silver)
because I feel it carried sin or that I didn't deserve them because I didn't work lawfully for the money.
I reacquired things from a halal form - that is only halal because it is from a legit source to help me get back on my feet.
I went and relapsed and started partying again, spending boyfriends money to buy things / support myself. I don't do hard drugs.
I do drink and smoke. Most of the things I have now are still halal but a few things are bought with haram.
The things that are haram are things that i like because they are pretty or fancy, etc. Most of them
are things I would never have the opportunity to wear because I don't really go out. So the question is..
Is is right to get rid of these things and donate them or is it okay to keep them. What is best.
I know they can always be replaced with better things. But I'd love to hear advice if what im doing is right/wrong.

2. My friend makes haram money and has no where to stay because she is techincally broke. She is a christian/catholic and a good person.
Very lost and used by mean people. The more I mention tihngs and my mom mentions things she seems
to slowly be realizing that she can once again live her normal - happy - meant to be - life.
Most ppl are telling me not to talk to her because she makes haram $$$ but I have known her
since I was 13/14 before all the craziness and I have not made many new friends since.
I have not seen her in 7 years but you know what - I love her and im one of the only
ones who can help her right now because no one really knows what she is goin through.
She knows im Muslim and dont make haram money anymore so I hope she see's.
Anyone who can give advice as to how I can approach her without
sounding like I am nagging or lecturing to her just talking out of love
but its hard because I am at a point where sometimes i just want
to yell out the logic to her. Its my burden i didnt speak up sooner
but now I have the chance to help her.

3. My friend has a dog that staying with us. Very small and loving.
I know that dogs are haram and I could spend the time to google it
but what are the laws on dogs. They were haram in that era and now
that animals are house pets does that make them halal or no ?
And if they are still haram is it permissable to pray under the same roof
as the dog if it is only temporary etc.... Also the dog brings a happiness
to me because i suffer from loneliness and sometimes babysit him...
So please ... any advice...

4. If I am going to continue on my path towards Jannah and Allaah
then is it okay to still engage my guy and girl friend that i have known
even though maybe some of the things they do are haram
even though in the future i am not going to be engaging in those things
would really appreciate the advice...
Also some of these friends are people I want to help because they are in need.
Show them Islam and the knowledge of islam and maybe one day
they will see it like how i see it, possibly even clearer.

Also any helpful links or articles would be amazing.

Salaam...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
05-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Sorry you have not had any replies, I think this is might not that much of an active forum, rather than people ignoring you.

greenhill
05-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Salaam to you.

First and foremost you must remember/believe/know etc that Allah is Most Forgiving.

Second is that you can always repent and open a 'new' path to lead your life. (It may not be easy)

On a more personal note, I think you have overloaded the problems and questions into one long story and it makes it a challenge for anyone to truly answer all your concerns.

On dogs, there is a thread about it and the saliva quite recently. It is quite comprehensive.

On the haram money issue and things obtained from that source, I am of the opinion that it is haram. What you should do with it, I am not certain. Keep it but don't use it? How can you give it away to people to use when you yourself know it is haram?

Finally, it is also important to keep in with the company of the 'right' people, though this may not always be possible.

The path you choose is entirely your own, generally, allow your conscience to dictate you. It seems that you do have a clear conscience, just that you are in a 'difficult' situation and community. You can't change overnight but your realisation of certain issues indicates that you have started your journey to the proper path.

May Allah give you guidance.

Peace to you and be strong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!