/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Select your jury

Darth Ultor
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Okay, this is sort of a game/study where we got a criminal case here where the defendant is facing death or life without parole if convicted, so let's select the best jury for it. By that I mean one of these people must be denied at the selection process. None of these individuals, except the state employee, have a strong opinion either way on capital punishment. If I were a lawyer, I'd eliminate the bank employee because for one, I do not want to subject her to the emotional pain that might occur in the case due to a family member being a crime victim. Also, her opinion might be swayed because of it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
02-27-2012, 12:35 AM
Real estate person. If he does jury service, who is going to look after his pet? O___o

جوري
02-27-2012, 01:33 AM
They always eleminate physicians or anyone who could otherwise be used as an expert witness because those are the ones they usually call to cement an argument one way or the other..

joyous fairy
02-27-2012, 02:25 AM
I choose the Lawyer.

He'll probably stick up for the other lawyer = hes biased = unfair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
joyous fairy
02-27-2012, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Real estate person. If he does jury service, who is going to look after his pet? O___o
Pets can look after themselves for a few hours! :hmm:

Darth Ultor
02-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Yeah, this jury won't be sequestered. Say the trial lasts from 9 - 5 each day. The Real estate agent could feed the pet, go to the courtroom, and then come home to take care of it.

Ramadhan
02-27-2012, 04:24 AM
I'll eliminate college students with left wing views... they are the worst type, they usually are the ones who do not use their brains but truly convinced that they do.

flowergarden
02-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Depending if I am a prosecutor or if I am the defending lawyer.
If prosecutor I would eliminate the criminal lawyer because he would side with the defendant.
if the defending lawyer I would eliminate the forensic scientist because they work on crimes of all sort and usually will side with the prosecutor and help them convince the juries that the defendant is guilty during decisions. hehe

Snowflake
02-27-2012, 07:36 AM
I'd get rid of the veteran because he's been involved in combat and could be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Some of the problems associated with PTSD are anger, hyper vigilance, fear, flashbacks, anxiety, reliance on drugs/alcohol, guilt, memory problems, and depression etc - not the makings of a good juror. I'd be very surprised if someone who's been in combat doesn't have any of the above. But I'd be more worried if they weren't affected at all. That would make them totally abnormal. Maybe even psycho.

Darth Ultor
02-27-2012, 04:50 PM
But veterans move on with their lives even though they still suffer. I mean, I had a teacher in high school who served in Vietnam and he didn't have any flashbacks or anxieties in class.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!