/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood snubs Muslim Stone

Ramadhan
02-27-2012, 04:54 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/wood...34PKvRRtbWOQMK

Sean Stone, son of controversial director Oliver Stone, converted to Islam in Iran last week and says he’s already experiencing a Hollywood backlash.
The ceremony was held in Isfahan, where he is researching a documentary. He now goes by the name of Sean Christopher Ali Stone.
He told Page Six: “I’ve already experienced the reverse of anti-Semitism, having people within the film industry express a reluctance to work with me now that I have said a simple prayer, ‘There is no God but God, and Mohammed is his messenger.’ I am sure I have [bleeped] off some powerful people.” Speaking over dinner at Barrio 47, Sean told us, “Having read the Koran and having been around the Islamic culture, especially in Iran, I do believe that Mohammed is a prophet of the same god worshipped by other religions.

“I am of a Jewish bloodline, a baptized Christian who accepts Christ’s teachings, the Jewish Old Testament and the Holy Koran. I believe there is one God, whether called Allah or Jehovah or whatever you wish to name him. He creates all peoples and religions. I consider myself a Jewish Christian Muslim.
“What I am trying to do is open up a dialogue about religion. There is such Islamophobia in the West. Islam is not a religion of violence any more than Judaism or Christianity is.”
He said his dad welcomed the move.
“My dad said, ‘Allah be with you.’ My father understands that I am trying to bridge certain gaps and bring about peace.”
But he has been shocked by the reaction from others. Sean, about to release his horror movie “Graystone,” said, “I didn’t realize I would be so vilified. It is almost like I am a criminal for having accepted Islam. I didn’t realize Islamophobia was that deep. People have speculated that I have done this because I am from a spoiled family or that I am lost and trying to find myself. That is ridiculous.

“I don’t care if I get criticized. If I can open up a debate about religion and create some understanding, then it is worth it.”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
02-27-2012, 05:01 PM
I pray Allah SWT increase his understanding of Islam and Eeman, and guide him to the straight path.

جوري
02-27-2012, 05:57 PM
^^ ameen
The Iranian understanding of Islam isn't remotely accurate and it is worrisome and also he needs to rid himself of his attachment of other religions given how far steeped in Paganism. The only pure Monotheistic religion in existence is Islam.. May Allah swt guide him..

:w:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-27-2012, 07:04 PM
JazakAllaahu Khaayr for informing us..

Aameen to the du'aa.

may Allaah swt increase him in knowledge, strength, sabr and keep him steadfast upon his deen, Aameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Marina-Aisha
02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I think u always find people like that, u know some people stare at me make crude comments. They don't know wot Islam is all bout they just believe wot the media tells them. Maybe they will never see the truth, but all we can do is show them the way. Allah knows Wots best.

Abz2000
02-28-2012, 07:07 AM
great news to add to the list, it seems that children of people in more influential positions have access to a lot of info and are more able to see through propaganda than the masses of fox news and bbc viewers

The sons of three public figures — the former BBC director-general Lord Birt, the former health secretary Frank Dobson, and Lord Justice Scott — have also embraced Islam.

Periwinkle18
02-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Ameen to all the duas :)

mashaAllah thts gr8 news :)

aadil77
02-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Masha'Allah, but May Allah guide him to true islam

ILuvAllah
02-28-2012, 11:14 AM
He converted to shia Islam. May Allah guide him to the true Islam InshAllah.

Crystal
02-28-2012, 12:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
The sons of three public figures — the former BBC director-general Lord Birt, the former health secretary Frank Dobson, and Lord Justice Scott — have also embraced Islam.
Also the sister in law of Tony Blair reverted to Islam after a trip to the Gaza strip.

Its good to see more influential figures choosing Islam. May Allah guide Mr.Stone to the truly right path.

Darth Ultor
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Jewish Christian Muslim? I didn't even know that can exist. I always thought that people are either Muslim or they're not. No wonder the media is laughing at him. Hollywood has once again shown just how out of touch with reality the truly are.

aadil77
02-28-2012, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Darth Ultor
Jewish Christian Muslim? I didn't even know that can exist. I always thought that people are either Muslim or they're not. No wonder the media is laughing at him. Hollywood has once again shown just how out of touch with reality the truly are.
I know you can be a jewish muslim, cause jews are a race apparently

Who Am I?
02-28-2012, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I know you can be a jewish muslim, cause jews are a race apparently
Eh, I would disagree with this. A lot of Jews here in the US have no ties to Israel. They're simply converts to the Jewish faith, and therefore called "Jews".

That's my take on it anyway.

But back on topic, hopefully this dude can get rid himself of the Shia influence and remain on the True Path.

karimium
02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
Also the sister in law of Tony Blair reverted to Islam after a trip to the Gaza strip.

Its good to see more influential figures choosing Islam. May Allah guide Mr.Stone to the truly right path.
There are a lot of high profile Westerners to revert to Islam and get snubbed out. Remember that reporter who was captured by the Taleban before the war, and then she returned and declared her conversion. before that point they were keen on her, and wanted to find out about her experience, and then afterwards when they found out she was Muslim. They didn't want to know.

She's vocal campaigner for Palestinian rights, her name is Yvonne Ridley.

The thing is though, there are always going to be some sections of the population who unplug from the media propaganda. And see the world through their own personal experiences, who travel to Muslim countries to see it and experience it for themselves. Even if they don't become Muslim, they at least appreciate Islam, and realise that it's nothing at all to do with head cutting and public lashings.

But these people quickly get wiped out from the media.

There are plenty of people who will toe the party line, who will replace any dissenters. I was watching a YouTube video about how Hollywood replaces stars. The ones who are on the limelight today, get sent to the dustbin of history the next. This is done in order to control influence and power, so ultimately power over the media is confined to a select few.

They don't want any paticular celebrities to become too powerful in their own right, so they start making movies like Passion of Christ. So Hollywood stars have to always be watching their backs and make sure they are toeing the party line, otherwise their head ends up on the chopping block.

So I don't think high profile celebrities becoming Muslim will have little impact in the greater scheme of things.

The way I see it Muslims are being marginalised more and more, but I think it may be for our own benefit, the may be the thing we need in order to get unified.

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 12:31 PM
His intention is good, but may Allah show him the TRUTH path of Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!