/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Coco cola drinks

Marina-Aisha
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Salam everyone.
All there drinks like dr pepper do they have alcohol? I went on some site that tells u wot is haraam and Wots halal but it didn't really have answer. I don't really bothered bout cola but I mainly drink dr pepper is it safe to drink or not? I'm totally confused. Thanx.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
02-27-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't drink any cokes, mostly because they are all unhealthy(the diet ones are unhealthy too). So many calories, so much sugar and caffeine. I stay away from it...I drink water, milk and orange juice.

Scimitar
02-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Coca Cola company supports Israel... I have boycotted all their products.

Scimi

Who Am I?
02-28-2012, 06:03 AM
:sl:

I like my water flavoured, so that's my diet ruined.

Dr. Pepper tastes like Southern Comfort and Coke but without the alcohol, so I don't drink it.

Cream soda tastes like Whip Cream Vodka, so I don't drink it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Periwinkle18
02-28-2012, 06:08 AM
hmm i drink coke buh not tht much i like sprite or 7 up buh m planning to stop n switch to fresh juices :) i love orange juice )

Marina-Aisha
02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Coca Cola recipe 'discovered'

Coca-Cola's top secret recipe has allegedly been revealed
Photo: REUTERS
By Barney Henderson
Last Updated: 7:12PM GMT 16/02/2011
A website claims to have uncovered Coca-Cola's top secret recipe.

The ingredients of the drink, created by John Pemberton, a medicinal pharmacist in 1886, have always been a mystery.

However, Thisamericanlife.org claims to have discovered a list in a photograph in a newspaper article giving the ingredients and exact quantities to make the drink.

The Feb 8 1979 edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a photo of someone holding open a book with a recipe claimed to be an exact replica of Pemberton's.

The recipe reportedly contains the exact measures of all the different oils needed for Coca Cola's secret ingredient, Merchandise 7X.

Despite making up only one per cent of the drink's total formula, Merchandise 7X is thought to give the popular soft drink its unique taste.

The official recipe is said to be guarded 24-hours a day in a vault in Atlanta, Georgia.

The 'secret recipe'

Fluid extract of Coca 3 drams USP

Citric acid 3 oz

Caffeine 1oz

Sugar 30 (it is unclear from the markings what quantity is required)

Water 2.5 gal

Lime juice 2 pints 1 qrt

Vanilla 1oz

Caramel 1.5oz or more to colour

7X flavour (use 2oz of flavour to 5 gals syrup):

Alcohol 8oz

Orange oil 20 drops

Lemon oil 30 drops

Nutmeg oil 10 drops

Coriander 5 drops

Neroli 10 drops

Cinnamon 10 drops

RELATED ARTICLES
Caramel food colouring in cola 'could cause cancer'
Coca-cola drink advertisement banned

So I don't think is safe to drink coke, but is de peppper the same company as coke? Or pepsi?

Who Am I?
02-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Uh... the original Coca-Cola had cocaine in it. That's why it's called COCA-Cola...

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Yep, and the modern versions have alcohol in them...

I buy Evoca Cola... and think it tastes better than the "REAL THING".

Evoca Cola is made with black seed extract (nigella sativa) and this is actually remarkably good for you.

Attachment 4669

Scimi

White Rose
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I buy Evoca Cola... and think it tastes better than the "REAL THING".
Evoca Cola is made with black seed extract (nigella sativa) and this is actually remarkably good for you.
Scimi
I wonder if that is available in U.S. I have never seen that here.
:(

GodIsAll
02-28-2012, 04:42 PM
There's nothing positive or healthy about drinking soda. Useless calories. Garbage.

....not to mention it tastes like malted battery acid.

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
I wonder if that is available in U.S. I have never seen that here.
:(
I don't think it is available in the USA to be honest. We get it here in the UK, and a lot of halal restaurants stock it too... The company that makes this drink is only a few miles down the road from me, in Walthamstow East London.

I wonder if a quick search on google may be able to find cocal cola alternatives in the USA? I doubt it though, coz Coca Cola company tries to buy out all of its competition in order to maintain its monopoly on the market (they can't break Pepsi, though they've tried)... in Europe, it's more of an oligopoly though... same as in other continents. Still, it's the most popular beverage in the world today...

Scimi

Who Am I?
02-28-2012, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
There's nothing positive or healthy about drinking soda. Useless calories. Garbage.

....not to mention it tastes like malted battery acid.
I gotta have my battery acid, though. I tried to quit drinking soda last year (for Ramadan). I got really bad headaches from caffeine withdrawal. I lasted about a week and then I broke down.

Marina-Aisha
02-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I think I'll just stick to Pepsi. Here is wot I found I think u guys should stay away from these too.

Last Updated: 18/02/2011
With reference to Coca Cola Telegraph article, you may ring Coca Cola direct on 0800 227711
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...iscovered.html
This is the Coca Cola reply from the Web site for the alcohol rumour:
http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/c...s_alcohol.html

This website also contains statements about dozens of rumours.

We stand by our list below, but we can't take any email on this issue, due to the sheer volume.* Please contact Coca Cola DIrect for a statement if you require.

Coca Cola Statement:

"
None of the products of Coca-Cola Great Britain contain ingredients derived from mammals. *As some practicing vegetarians avoid fish products as well, it is important to note that some of our products contain minute traces of fish gelatine, which is used as a stabiliser for the beta-carotene colour. These products have been clearly labelled on the attached list.

Soft drinks products of The Coca-Cola Company are officially recognised as non-alcoholic beverages. *However, 'Schweppes' Lemonade Shandy is an alcohol containing beverage and thus is appropriately labelled. * The ingredients and manufacturing process used in the production of 'Coca-Cola' are rigorously regulated by government and health authorities in more than 200 countries which have consistently recognised the beverage as a non-alocoholic product. *This includes countries where Islam is the major religion."
‘Schweppes’ Lemonade Shandy - Alcoholic drink HARAAM
The rest are Halaal according to information provided,* however please note that Coca Cola has not responded to our question about alcoholic flavourings. Britvic, Rubicon*and Libby's* drinks have clearly declared alcoholic flavourings.*
If you wish to refrain from alcoholic flavourings, then we advise you that Coca Cola Company products may not be suitable for your consumption.
‘Coca-Cola’
Coca-Cola' Zero
Cherry Coke'
Diet Coke'
Diet Coke' with Cherry
Diet Coke' Citrus Zest
Caffeine-free ‘Diet Coke’
‘Sprite’
‘Sprite’ Zero
‘Fanta’ Orange
‘Fanta’ Orange Zero
‘Fanta’ Icy Lemon
‘Fanta’ Icy Lemon Zero
Fanta' Fruit Twist
‘Lilt’ Pineapple & Grapefruit (fish)
‘Lilt’ Pineapple & Grapefruit Zero (fish)
‘Five Alive’ Citrus Burst Juice Drink
‘Five Alive’ Berry Blast Juice Drink
‘Five Alive’ Tropical Hit Juice Drink
Five Alive' Apple Juice Drink
‘Powerade’ Berry & Tropical
Powerade' Cherry
Powerade' Orange (fish)
Powerade' Zero Berry & Tropical
Powerade' Zero Red Fruits
‘Roses’ Lime Cordial
‘Malvern’ Still English Water
‘Malvern’ Sparkling English Water
‘Kia-Ora’ Orange (fish)
‘Kia-Ora’ Orange - NAS (fish)
‘Kia-Ora’ Mixed Fruit
‘Kia-Ora’ Mixed Fruit - NAS
‘Cresta’ Lemonade
‘Oasis’ Summer Fruits
‘Oasis’ Summer Fruits Light
‘Oasis’ Citrus Punch
Oasis' Peach Passionfruit Extra Light
‘Dr Pepper'
‘Dr Pepper’ Zero
Relentless'
Relentless' Inferno (fish)
Relentless' Juiced Energy
Relentless' Juiced Energy Berry
‘Canada Dry’ Ginger Ale
‘Canada Dry’ Diet Ginger Ale
Glaceau' Revive
Glaceau' Spark
Glaceau' Defence
Glaceau' Power C
Glaceau' Essential
Glaceau' Multi V
Glaceau' XXX Triple Berry
Glaceau' i-focus
Schweppes' Abbey Well Natural mineral Water Still
Schweppes' Abbey Well Natural Mineral Water Sparkling
‘Schweppes’ Indian Tonic Water
‘Schweppes’ Slimline Tonic Water
‘Schweppes’ Bitter Lemon
‘Schweppes’ Slimline Bitter Lemon
‘Schweppes’ Soda Water
‘Schweppes’ Russchian - 1 Litre
‘Schweppes’ Slimline Tonic Water with a hint of lemon Zest
‘Schweppes’ Lemonade
‘Schweppes’ Diet Lemonade
‘Schweppes’ Ginger Beer
‘Schweppes’ Orange Squash (fish)
‘Schweppes’ Peppermint Cordial
‘Schweppes’ Lime Cordial
‘Schweppes’ Blackcurrant Cordial
‘Schweppes’ Tomato Juice Mix
‘Schweppes’ Pink Grapefruit
‘Schweppes’ Pineapple Juice
Schweppes' Orange Juice Standard
Minute Maid' 100% Pure Orange Juice - 330ml cans
Minute Maid' 100% Pure Apple Juice - 330ml cans

Fish= Minute traces of fish gelatine
None of the products of CCGB contain ingredients derived from mammals.* The products that contain minute traces of fish gelatine have been clearly labelled (fish)

Jedi_Mindset
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Pepsi= same crap, but other company, everything what can remove rust is bad, you are basically drinking chemicals. Stay with water or milk, thats it. You need to make some sacrifice ;) Only what you do with soda is poisoning your own body, also its bad for your teeth.

The fitnah today in foods and drinks is insane.

Zabel
05-27-2012, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
I gotta have my battery acid, though. I tried to quit drinking soda last year (for Ramadan). I got really bad headaches from caffeine withdrawal. I lasted about a week and then I broke down.
Try tea. It's healthier anyway. I reduced my soda intake when I started drinking tea. Rasberry iced tea at restaurants is a good way to start. Then I started mixing in plain iced tea and now can drink plain iced tea as well as homemade flavored green tea (like Jasmine green tea).

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Peach iced tea is delicious.

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
I like my water flavoured, so that's my diet ruined.
Oh dear.

format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
So I don't think is safe to drink coke, but is de peppper the same company as coke? Or pepsi?
Same as Coca-Cola. Pepsi different company, but same rubbish ( I love drinking it though imsad)

Milk is another thing, you have to be careful with...

Water. The best.

Just be careful out there. Soda drinks are hmmmm....^o) and rots your teeth. Yuck.

Qurratul Ayn
05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Great. I just wrote what everyone else has written.

Silly me.

Anyways, hope you found it useful Sister marina-hadeya.

Oh, and you found out already Dr.Pepper is of the Coca-Cola company. Okay... :hiding:

I really need to read posts properly and carefully, rather than skimming them through :exhausted

Lol! Anyhoo, hope you found my input slightly worthwhile. S'all for you Sister marina-hadeya :)

sister herb
05-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Salam alaykum

we already has coca cola thread here. Could admin merge them?

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...nk-coke-7.html

BadOlPuttyTat
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM
The man who invented coke originally put cocaine in it. He was a drug addict and died from a morphine(I think) overdose. Coke having alcohol is mostly a rumor as of now since people have done test after test and YES they have included ethanol analysis. For 125 years this wouldnt be new but yet it is. Coke is as alcoholic as elephants are pink, and I have never heard of a pink elephant. So I seriously doubt this claim and Coke is still one of my most hated drinks. Real men drink Dr Pepper, A&W and Barq's root-beer! :statisfie

Futuwwa
05-29-2012, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Mindset
Pepsi= same crap, but other company, everything what can remove rust is bad, you are basically drinking chemicals. Stay with water or milk, thats it.
Uh, dude, water is a chemical too. Milk is a mixture of chemicals.

What else is there to drink than chemicals? Exotic elementary particle matter?

جوري
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Coca Cola company supports Israel... I have boycotted all their products.

Scimi
I thought that was Pepsi.. I read somewhere it is an acronym that stands for:
Pay Every Penny Support Israel

Who Am I?
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zabel
Try tea. It's healthier anyway. I reduced my soda intake when I started drinking tea. Rasberry iced tea at restaurants is a good way to start. Then I started mixing in plain iced tea and now can drink plain iced tea as well as homemade flavored green tea (like Jasmine green tea).
Actually I do drink tea, both iced and hot. I had a sore throat a few days ago, and hot tea with honey and lemon is really good for that.

I have started drinking more fruit juice as well, and trying to drink less soda now...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!