/* */

PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY! Please help!

Snowflake
02-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I'd put down a glue trap for mice but a spider got caught on it. To cut a long story short, I tried to lift it off with a pair of sewing tweezers but one of it's legs came off in the process. I got him off the trap, but he hasn't moved since. I gave it a little nudge. He is alive but won't move. Will he survive with 7 legs? Or would it be kinder to kill him. I can't imagine what he must be going through. I'm really upset. May Allah forgive me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
02-28-2012, 10:08 AM
i personally think it can survive sis, why not leave it some water to at least drink and hope for the best.

some may think it's only a spider but it doesnt feel like that when it's in front of you and you take notice

aadil77
02-28-2012, 10:10 AM
you should step on it, spill its juice out then season it and have it for dinner

Snowflake
02-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks akhi. I had left him a drop of water but it doesn't seem to have helped. I've just checked on him and he looks almost dead. This is really upsetting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
02-28-2012, 10:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
you should step on it, spill its juice out then season it and have it for dinner
I don't know how you can joke about this. Life is precious to every creature just as ours is to us. Remember this?

Till, when they came to the valley of the ants, one of the ants said: "O ants! Enter your dwellings, lest Sulaiman (Solomon) and his hosts crush you, while they perceive not."

Marina-Aisha
02-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Sooo we aren't allowed to kill spiders?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-28-2012, 11:43 AM

Amat Allah
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
Assalaamu Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh

it is forbidden to kill the harmless animals ...

But in the case of habibati Dying rose, she meant not to harm that lil poor spider so, there is nothing on her cause Allah says:"And there is no sin on you if you make a mistake therein, except in regard to what your hearts deliberately intend. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful". Surat Al Ah'zaab

And for Mice and Rats then there is nothing wrong with killing mice and rats, because ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1828. (Translators’ note: the Arabic word fa’rah may refer to rats or mice, so both are mentioned in the translation).

Al-Qaasim ibn Muhammad said: I heard ‘Aa’ishah, the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), say: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:“There are four things which are faasiq (corrupt) and may be killed at all times, whether one is in a state of ihraam [for Hajj and ‘Umrah] or not: kites, crows, mice/rats and mad dogs.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1198.

But when we do this and kill such creatures we must remember this hadeeth:

Shaddid b. Aus said: Two are the things which I remember Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: Verily Allah has enjoined goodness to everything; so when you kill, kill in a good way (merciful)and when you slaughter, slaughter in a good way (merciful). So every one of you should sharpen his knife, and let the slaughtered animal die comfortably.

The Book of Games and the Animals which May be Slaughtered and the Aninals that Are to be Eaten
(Kitab-us-Said wal-Dhabaih wa ma Yukalu min Al-Hayawan)
' of Sahih Muslim.

we must be mericful in everything...laa ilaha illa Allah...

aadil77
02-28-2012, 01:22 PM
spiders are not harmless, they are lethal killers - one bite and you die an agonizing death

Amat Allah
02-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Not all kinds my respected brother...

And even if you can get rid of them in another merciful way other than killing them then you should ...

'Abd Al-Maajid
02-28-2012, 01:47 PM
First of all glue trap is not good, it's usage results in a starving death for the mice. Kill the spider and dont use glue traps, instead pet cat so that they take care of the mice in the house.

I saw two mice were caught in the glue trap in our house and for the next two days they were alive and were not able to move, they were probably starved, and one mouse started to exhibit cannibalistc behaviour, it started to munch on the other mouse's leg. I felt sorry for them and then we decided not to use the glue trap again. They eventually starved to death. :(

aadil77
02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
Not all kinds my respected brother...

And even if you can get rid of them in another merciful way other than killing them then you should ...
I'm jokin sis :thumbs_up

esperanza
02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
sorry to seem i dont care..but yes its a lving creature but obvious its suffering,,so you aholud put it out of misery

but while we worry about one small insect,,,60 people were found masaccared outside homs syria today,,that needs our sttention
and they are treatingpeople worse than any of us would treat any animal,..so lets get our priorities focussed

Hamza Asadullah
02-28-2012, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
I'd put down a glue trap for mice but a spider got caught on it. To cut a long story short, I tried to lift it off with a pair of sewing tweezers but one of it's legs came off in the process. I got him off the trap, but he hasn't moved since. I gave it a little nudge. He is alive but won't move. Will he survive with 7 legs? Or would it be kinder to kill him. I can't imagine what he must be going through. I'm really upset. May Allah forgive me.
Asalaamu alaikum, many scholars say it is permissable to kill an insect like a spider if it is within ones home but not if it is outside but that it is far better to remove it from within the house without killing it if possible. In your case it was an accident so there is nothing to worry about.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
A true story:

Last year in Ramadhan, I came down to the kitchen at 1am to make some food (was hungry) and I could hear a squeeky sound that freaked me out. A little while later (as I was putting the pizza in the oven) I noticed a glue trap with a tiny lil mouse stuck on it...

Poor thing was stuck and it was ramadhan. I hate mice. They freak me out. But seeing this lil helpless thing there, its back foot bleeding from trying to escape, and its tiny heart beating at 100mph, I felt really sad.

So, I decided to help it. For the longest time I was trying to figure out what to do... I didn't want to touch it (they're full of disease) so I decided to get some kitchen roll and rap it around its tiny body, then pry it apart....

I was very careful too... Alhamdulillah, I managed to get it off the glue trap, and it was now cradled in my hand, wrapped in kithen roll. I was holding it lightly because I feared that I would hurt it, and at the same time I wondered if it would jump out of my hand (which would freak me out bigtime). But the lil bugger just sat there in my hand, calm...

So I opened the garden door and let him out... and it scuttled off into the garden.

At sehri time, my mother asked me why there were sock bobbles on the glue trap (i had stepped on it too lol, not the mouse, the glue trap) and I told her the story, she laughed and laughed at my explanation.

Anyway, later that evening, my mother informs me that the neighbours cat had killed the mouse in our garden... sad but true. When its time to go, its time to go.

Not sure if this story helps, but... I just wanna say sis, that you tried your best. now it's up to Allah. Be happy that you care for the little things in life, that which humans usually discard as just an annoyance... I got the utmost respect for you in this regard masha-Allah.

May Allah reward you in this world and the hereafter with HIS unending bounties, Ameen.

Scimi

ardianto
02-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I had left him a drop of water but it doesn't seem to have helped. I've just checked on him and he looks almost dead. This is really upsetting.
Is that spider still alive?

After read the answer from brother Hamza, I suggest you to kill that spider. It's better than let him die slowly. You cannot help him, that glue is too strong.

GodIsAll
02-28-2012, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both) narrated that Hafsah said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“There are five animals for which there is no blame on the one who kills them: crows, kites (hawk-like birds), mice/rats, scorpions and mad dogs.”
It seems that it would be okay to kill a spider if its allowed to kill a scorpion; after all, they are both members of the subphylum chelicerata and class arachnida.

Crush his chitinous exoskeleton without fear of reprisal.

AabiruSabeel
02-28-2012, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
Kill the spider and dont use glue traps, instead pet cat so that they take care of the mice in the house.
In my place, rats and cats share the same neighbourhood, probably the same food as well. Neither of them harms the other and sometimes cats run away when they see a rat coming towards them.

جوري
02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Do a mercy kill here.. I don't think it is ok to keep a creature tortured and prolong its agony (not talking about humans) but talking about something that's clearely suffering. Make it quick and snappy and of course take no pleasure in it..

and Allah swt knows best...

Abz2000
02-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar [Also in Muslim, Narrated Abu Huraira]

Allah's Messenger pbuh said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger."
Allah's Messenger further said, "(Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth.' "
Hadith - Bukhari 3:553,

White Rose
02-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Since I also believe in not killing the spiders, I wanted to know how people usually get rid of spiders without killing them? :omg:
It scares me to just hold them with something and take them outside the house, so I need better ideas.

جوري
02-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Some Spiders are deadly (to humans) recognize them please

I recommend a swift kill..
the rest will spin their webs in abandoned areas so just leave em be..

GodIsAll
02-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Brown recluse and black widow...bad critters.

I don't spook on creatures. Even snakes are no problem...but spiders give me the "heebie-jeebies".

Scimitar
02-28-2012, 06:08 PM
for me its moths... I scream like a girl when I see those things in my personal space...

GodIsAll
02-28-2012, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
for me its moths... I scream like a girl when I see those things in my personal space...
Wow! Sorry, but that's kind of funny. I love luna moths! If you aren't famililar with them, take a peek at them online.

Let's not forget situations like being up on a roof to do some painting or something and running into a nice nest of red hornets...and you can't get away expediently. Lovely...

That's going to be one of my first questions post-mortum: "Lord God, why horseflies?" I know there had to have been a good reason, I surely can't see it, though!

Who Am I?
02-28-2012, 07:25 PM
:sl:

Spiders creep me out.

I will sometimes make a deal with one though, if it's in a corner in a web minding its own business. I don't like roaches either but the spiders will sometimes kill the roaches.

Now if the spider moves out of its corner, it dies. No questions asked. That's part of the agreement.

Oh, and spiders can regrow legs that come off when they molt. So if this spider survives, it can regrow its leg.

White Rose
02-28-2012, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Spiders creep me out.
I will sometimes make a deal with one though, if it's in a corner in a web minding its own business. I don't like roaches either but the spiders will sometimes kill the roaches.
Same here. They creep me out so much that I usually have to ask a family member to take them out. :hiding:

Muezzin
02-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Of all the threads on the forum, I have to read the one about ruddy spiders...

Black widow. Very nice.

Abz2000
02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by arjmand
Since I also believe in not killing the spiders, I wanted to know how people usually get rid of spiders without killing them?
i just get a newspaper and brush it under them, and let them float out the window.
it usually takes a few tries because they run in the opposite direction

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 12:37 AM
You need to kill it. Step on it with big heavy boots.
I'm not joking.

There's still glue on its legs, and it will never be able to move. By letting it alive, you are only killing it slowly, which is more painful and you are only torturing it.

Kill it!

Abz2000
02-29-2012, 05:24 AM
this spider really got its name mentioned a lot b4 its death, every time i get on the forum, he's near the top :)

Snowflake
02-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Jazakumullah khayrun. The spider died soon after my second post. Qadr Allah...

format_quote Originally Posted by esperanza
sorry to seem i dont care..but yes its a lving creature but obvious its suffering,,so you aholud put it out of misery

but while we worry about one small insect,,,60 people were found masaccared outside homs syria today,,that needs our sttention
and they are treatingpeople worse than any of us would treat any animal,..so lets get our priorities focussed
No offence sister, but caring about Allah's creatures doesn't mean one cares less about the suffering of our brothers and sisters. Don't forget that muslims have been persecuted since the beginning of Islam but this did not stop the Prophet (pbuh) from prohibiting cruelty to animals and giving them rights. Caring for Allah's creatures is as much as a part of Islam as is caring about the Ummah.

Tilmeez
02-29-2012, 08:05 AM
The spider died soon after my second post.
Poor creature, I'm sorry.

Qadr Allah...
So true.

Edit:
Sister has to add a few things regarding glue traps thread re-opened.

Snowflake
02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks brother Tilmeez. You can close the thread now insha Allah. Jazak Allahu khayr

I just forgotten to mention that with regards to glue traps, the mouse/rat shouldn't be left to die from starvation. The traps should be checked frequently (many times a day) so that the mouse isn't left to suffer, and then it should be killed immediately. They usually scream from the minute they get trapped. So unless, you've put traps where you hardly go, there's no reason why they should go undetected and left to suffer. This might sound cruel but the best way to kill it is to hit it on the head. It dies immediately. I found that the most effective way to kill it is to place 3 sheets of kitchen paper folded in half on top of the mouse. Place trap in plastic bag and stamp on it. Now there's nothing to clean up. Just knot the bag and dispose of it with your regular garbage. I don't see the point in catching a mouse and freeing it outside as they just come back in. This is not a good idea for city-dwellers.

To prevent mice coming in, observe where they are coming form and plug all holes with steel wool. They can't chew through steel wool. Cover bins and don't leave food out, and especially nuts, where they can reach them. They love nuts and will find them no matter where they are. So always store them in an air tight containers. Glass is best. And never leave dirty dishes to wash later.

Al hamdulillah, after taking all those steps my home is currently free from mice. The traps were there just in case they returned. However, if glue traps aren't for you, or you have lots of mice, then this is another foul-proof way to get rid of them, and hopefully keeps them from coming into the house.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!