/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yes Even Hawking is a dirty old perv.

جوري
02-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Stephen Hawking may be confined to a wheelchair, but that doesn't seem to keep him from making the rounds. The celebrated astrophysicist is a regular at a sex club in California, according to media reports.
The 70-year-old, almost completely paralyzed by a neurological disorder known as motor neurone disease, frequents a San Bernadino "swinger's club" called Freedom Acres, a long-time member of the club told Radar Online.
"I have seen Stephen Hawking at the club more than a handful of times," the member told the celebrity site. "He arrives with an entourage of nurses and assistants. Last time I saw him, he was in the back 'play area' lying on a bed fully clothed with two naked women gyrating all over him."
Does Hawking really like lap dances? Not so fast, a University of Cambridge press officer told the Cambridge News.
"Lurid statements appeared on a website in America, but they are not true," Tim Holt told the paper. "This report is greatly exaggerated. He visited once a few years ago with friends while on a visit to California."
Twice divorced and the father of three, Hawking is director of research at the university's Center for Theoretical Cosmology and a well-known expert on black holes and the Big Bang. He earned worldwide fame with his 1988 best-seller "A Brief History of Time," though he made another big media bang last January when he called women "a complete mystery."
The center is "devoted to the development and testing of fundamental theories of the universe," according to its website.

And Freedom Acres? Its website calls it "one of the most dynamic and largest on premise Swinger club in the Los Angeles and Orange County with an active member list of couples and single ladies."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...139267#s592662

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 03:51 AM
lol, it had to come to this. So, women are a complete mystery for this "gentleman," who has made the mighty discovery that God is not necessary, and yet is unable to describe women by math equations. Very genius.

You'd expect a man like him, who has gone to live an archetypal miraculous life, to show some humility and some shame.

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 04:36 AM
Actually he is being very consistent.
He does not believe in after life, so why shouldn't he "eat, drink, be merry" and have as much fun as he could possibly have (motor neurone disease and all)?

Who Am I?
02-29-2012, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CosmicPathos
lol, it had to come to this. So, women are a complete mystery for this "gentleman," who has made the mighty discovery that God is not necessary, and yet is unable to describe women by math equations. Very genius.

You'd expect a man like him, who has gone to live an archetypal miraculous life, to show some humility and some shame.
Ah, dude, that's typical of male nerds everywhere. Geniuses at math/science/history, but women are a complete mystery to us. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
02-29-2012, 06:08 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allaah. Verily, Allaah is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful” [al-Hujuraat 49:12]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“Do you know what gheebah (backbiting) is?” They said, “Allaah and His Messenger know best.” He said, “Saying something about your brother that he dislikes.” It was said, “What if what I say about my brother is true?” He said, “If what you say is true then you have backbitten about him, and if it is not true, then you have slandered him.”
Narrated by Muslim, 2589

Please be mindful of what we say......and write, insha Allah.

Suggest this thread be locked.

Salaam

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Let him has his fun. Believe me, he dont get any satisfaction or happiness from this as we believe in Islam. There will be a day when he will die and meet Allah. Let him do his things.:sunny:

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Hawking is no brother of mine, in fact he has declared that he doesn't believe in God.

جوري
02-29-2012, 10:55 AM
We're not creating lies against someone whose reputation precedes him and is public news!
furthermore one of his alleged great quotes and mission in life is how to prove God 'unnessary' -- that's your brother? That's who exactly we should warn people of by bringing all those deeds, words and actions front and center!
I am no sister to a perverse kaffir!

:w:

~Zaria~
02-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Please contemplate on the following brothers and sisters,

Question
I know that it is extremely sinful to backbite on other muslims. But is it also sinful to backbite on non-muslims as well?
Answer
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

As it is sinful to backbite a Muslim, so too is it sinful to backbite a non- Muslim. However, if due to some reason a person has evil qualities or incorrect beliefs that would cause harm to others, then to forewarn people to protect them from such evil and wrong belief will not be considered as backbiting.

وإذاكانالرجليصومويصليويضرالاسبيدهولسانهفذكرهبمافيهليسبغيبةحتىلوأخبرالسلطانبذلكليزجرهلاإثمعليهوقالواإنعلمأنأباهيقدرعلىمنعهأعلمهولوبكتابةوإلالاكيلاتقعالعداوةوتمامهفيالدرر ( وكذا ) لاإثمعليه ( لوذكرمساوىءأخيهعلىوجهالاهتماملايكونغيبةإنماالغيبةأنيذكرعلىوجهالغضبيريدالسب
(Durrul Mukhtaar p309 vol.6)

And Allah knows best
Wassalamu Alaikum
Ml. Zakariyya bin Ahmed,
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:
Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...dc5e8b8c0f516d

and,

Your Question: is it halal to backbite on a non muslim. i know its wrong to slander. but can you back bite?

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 49 Surah Hujuraat verse 12: 12O ye who believe! Avoid suspicion, for suspicion in some cases is a sin: and spy not on each other nor speak ill of each other behind their backs. Would any of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? Nay ye would abhor it...but fear Allah: for Allah is Oft-Returning Most Merciful.

Speaking ill behind another's back or back-biting is an evil deed and a sin in the Sight of Allah Subhanah, regardless of whether one back-bites a believer or a disbeliever! Allah Subhanah commands the believers to hate, abhor, and despise the evil sin of back-biting another behind his back as one would hate to eat the flesh of his own dead brother!!!

Such is the gravity and enormity of this 'minor' sin of back-biting in the Sight of The Majestic and Supreme Lord.Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.81 Narrated by Ibn AbbasOnce the Prophet (saws) went through the graveyards of Medina and heard the voices of two beings who were being tortured in their graves. The Prophet (saws) said, "They are being punished, but they are not being punished because of a major sin, yet their sins are great. One of them used not to save himself from (being soiled with) the urine, and the other used to go about with calumnies (back-biting)."

Back-biting is absolutely impermissible and a sin in the Sight of the Lord, whether done against a believer or a disbeliever. And just to clarify, back-biting is the speaking of a truth behind another's back which if said in front of the person he would not like it; if one lies behind another's back, then it would constitute a punishable crime in a Shariah Court of Law, ie. 'slander'!

http://www.islamhelpline.com/node/4498

If the information provided by this thread was of benefit to muslims or a means to warn us of an attack on our deen, etc - then this type of conversation could be justified.

Is this the way of an Islamic forum?
Gossiping about the sexual indiscretions of others?

Salaam

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 11:28 AM
^^ Thank you.

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Some people here need to understand that they have no right do backbite and judge people, that is up to Allah. Mind your own business.

جوري
02-29-2012, 11:37 AM
We are stating the facts on the news not concocting them!
And his deeds and character are indeed of relevance as they often are when one mixes science with philosophy and presents his personal conviction as if an authority to lead the masses astray -- he doesn't seem ashamed of his actions why should we be ashamed for him? Google fatwas do nothing for me in that regard or generally!
You're welcome not to partake in this thread- I myself try to skip out on the cat and other social threads as I feel them of no relevance on an Islamic forum

جوري
02-29-2012, 11:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Let him has his fun. Believe me, he dont get any satisfaction or happiness from this as we believe in Islam. There will be a day when he will die and meet Allah. Let him do his things.:sunny:
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
Some people here need to understand that they have no right do backbite and judge people, that is up to Allah. Mind your own business.
Please try for some consistency if you desire to loan your opinion some credence .. Ingratiating yourself to whosever views are dominating the board won't cut it!

Best,

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll

Please try for some consistency if you desire to loan your opinion some credence .. Ingratiating yourself to whosever views are dominating the board won't cut it!

Best,
I have my own mind to begin with. I do not ingratiating myself to any view without any support or evidence.

My statements does not contradict each other, whatever you like it or not.

What he does is not your business. Are you the one who will judge him when he dies? Are you his mother? No, then mind your own business and be concern about your own life.

That is all.

Have a great day!:sunny:

Snowflake
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
The humility this man is facing is from Allah. He isn't attempting to hide his sins. And backbiting is only backbiting if the person dislikes what is said about them. This man knows his actions are in the public eye and is maybe even proud of himself for it - hence it is not strictly backbiting. Nor he is our brother. But there is no point in believers trying to correct each other if it leads to hostility and arguments among ourselves, over a kaafir.

Whoever leaves argument, even though he is right, he is guaranteed a house in the middle of paradise. He will be saved from the bad effects of importunity and antagonism. He will maintain the serenity of his heart, and be safeguarded from exposing his defects.

http://en.wathakker.net/flyers/view.php?id=273

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
^^
I know this was not written directly to me, but I am not here to seek arguments, it is not my intention. The truth is that even if he is a what we would call a celebrity and his actions are in public eye, it is OUR responsibility as believers to NOT backbite people. Do you think he reads this islamic discussion board? Do you really believe that? If he does not, then it is backbiting because people are slandering him without him knowing it.

I really do not care if some people here are backbiting him or not, I am just fullfilling my responsibility as a muslim to warn you from backbiting. If you do not want to follow the prophet words, then it is your loss. Not mine.

Herewith I will end my part of this discussion.

Dagless
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't find this particularly perverse? I think I've been living in the west too long :s
Plenty of people with different moral values partake in this sort of thing.

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
What a strange day so far... So I turn on the laptop. And for some reason, while i'm waiting for it to boot up, I get an image of Steven Hawkins ordering a *cough* service *cough*... I had a giggle to my self lol, then thought "naaaaa, not ole steven hawkins maaaaan, he'd never do that, right?"

Log onto IB and see this thread. (facepalm). Steven you dirty PERVERTED SICK MAN.

Strange when you think of a really random thing, and it presents itself minutes later in reality... I been having quite a few of these moments lately. Very weird.

Scimi

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah&lt;3
I know this was not written directly to me, but I am not here to seek arguments, it is not my intention. The truth is that even if he is a what we would call a celebrity and his actions are in public eye, it is OUR responsibility as believers to NOT backbite people. Do you think he reads this islamic discussion board? Do you really believe that? If he does not, then it is backbiting because people are slandering him without him knowing it.
Then we should close off and delete the whole of world affairs section as well as any other section or any other thread that dares to speak about a person even if it's public news?

Maybe we shouldn't also discuss what Baashir of Syria is doing these days because maybe he doesn't like that people are talking about him?
Do you think president baashir of syria reads this islamic discussion board? do you really believe that? f he does not, then it is backbiting because people are slandering him without him knowing it.

Of course that would be ridiculous.

By the way, I remember you started a thread about Michael Jackson. Maybe he didn't want to be talked about, even when he was already dead?

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Then we should close off and delete the whole of world affairs section as well as any other section or any other thread that dares to speak about a person even if it's public news?

Maybe we shouldn't also discuss what Baashir of Syria is doing these days because maybe he doesn't like that people are talking about him?
Do you think president baashir of syria reads this islamic discussion board? do you really believe that? f he does not, then it is backbiting because people are slandering him without him knowing it.

Of course that would be ridiculous.

By the way, I remember you started a thread about Michael Jackson. Maybe he didn't want to be talked about, even when he was already dead?
Okey, so now we are mocking and throwing shade at each other? LOL. Great.;D

With all due respect, I did not talk ill about Michael Jackson. You should look up the word backbiting brother before condemning me. I actually felt sorry for him for not converting to Islam and the fact that the music industry eat him alive. Second of all, I am not against discussing world issues( that is what world affair forum is for) but Evan Hawking is an atheist and what he does in his private life(is that a world issue? Do not think so.) is his business, not yours. We can as well make a celebrity forum gossiping in an Islamic forum and gossip about Steve Hawking, Will smith, beyonce. How DARE they do that and that?!:rollseyes:rolleyes:

جوري
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Am I the only one who doesn't find this particularly perverse? I think I've been living in the west too long :s
Plenty of people with different moral values partake in this sort of thing.
It is that they desensitize us everyday to things that should make us gasp. I think the more open and unapologetic they become the more normal it appears, but I assure you it isn't at least from a woman's perspective. On the lowest common denominator I pity that a woman takes such a job just to put food on the table for children probably had out of wedlock or from an abusive non-supportive dead beat husband and that men are enabling them to do so in the name of 'freedom' let alone men of position and science..

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
What a strange day so far... So I turn on the laptop. And for some reason, while i'm waiting for it to boot up, I get an image of Steven Hawkins ordering a *cough* service *cough*... I had a giggle to my self lol, then thought "naaaaa, not ole steven hawkins maaaaan, he'd never do that, right?"

Log onto IB and see this thread. (facepalm). Steven you dirty PERVERTED SICK MAN.

Strange when you think of a really random thing, and it presents itself minutes later in reality... I been having quite a few of these moments lately. Very weird.

Scimi
He's a run of the mill atheist I guess.. in lieu of sharing of his knowledge for good and instead of looking for the positive even in his own condition to which he survived remarkably long and thrived with brilliance when most folks with ALS perish within maximum five years. He chooses to be bitter, perverse and to actually perverse science to suit his own personal philosophies...

I think it is worth sharing personally.. and others are welcome not to feel the same way..

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 01:58 PM
With all due respect, I did not talk ill about Michael Jackson. You should look up the word backbiting brother before condemning me
I did not condemn you. Please point out to me where I did that.
You are actually slandering me.

Great.

You were condemning all of us for talking about an enemy of Islam who ruined his own character in the public news, and yet you are slandering your own brother in Islam.

May Allah SWT forgive you.

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

I did not condemn you. Please point out to me where I did that.
You are actually slandering me.

Great.

You were condemning all of us for talking about an enemy of Islam who ruined his own character in the public news, and yet you are slandering your own brother in Islam.

May Allah SWT forgive you.
Take it how you want. Only Allah knows my intention. :sunny:

Ramadhan
02-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Take it how you want. Only Allah knows my intention.
Oh brother please don't condemn me.

Abz2000
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
yeah, and pharaoh doesn't visit this forum either, plus he's a deceased person so why does the Quran talk about a dead man in a bad way and why do all these people say these negative things?
i mean, he isn't going to rectify his actions by us talking is he?
actually, we'll learn from it and learn to avoid these things. it's called 'ibrah.

Indeed in that is a lesson for whoever would fear.

Quran 79:26

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Am I the only one who doesn't find this particularly perverse? I think I've been living in the west too long
if you don't see evil for what it is and speak the truth, what about the people who think good of it?
soon they'll be teaching your kids that it's normal and possibly take them on a school trip to the local strip club to learn about "a day in the life of a stripper" along with interviews and Q&A sessions - not at opening times of course.

جوري
02-29-2012, 02:17 PM
I have my own mind to begin with.
and it shows with your consistent trolling!
I do not ingratiating myself to any view without any support or evidence.
So you admit that you're ingratiating yourself?
My statements does not contradict each other, whatever you like it or not.
They do in both grammar and content-- go back and re-read!
Your original post displays your dismay with his actions, second posts displays your dismay with those who have pointed out his actions. That goes beyond inconsistency to frank hypocrisy--although we were trying to be polite by choosing a more palatable word to highlight the fact of the matter!
What he does is not your business.
Neither is it yours, least of which to comment on someone else's comments or are you too good to be true?
Are you the one who will judge him when he dies? Are you his mother? No, then mind your own business and be concern about your own life.
Is this your inner child speaking?

That is all.
Is it all? you keep popping like Waldo with everyone's best efforts to ignore you, you seem to be under the impression that it is a weakness on everyone's part!

Have a great day!
Thanks I am.. this has been great fun indeed!

best,

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I was thinking about the issue of Hawkins seeing uhm... questionable women. And here's what came to mind. There are plenty of atheists out there who adhere to the same opinion as hawkins regarding the creation of the universe and the existence of God. The thing is, in my experience - not all atheists are the same. Some actually follow a moral code - hard as that is to believe, I have witnessed it with my own eyes. And now, here is an interesting thought. These atheists who actually have a shred of morality in their souls, should they find out that their hero (Dawkins) is a promiscuous prat, will feel quite let down by the man. Their prophet of heedlessness, just trumped his own agenda...

...This leads me to believe that some good may come of this. I mean, if the man that atheists love to quote, is dis-reputed in their own eyes, their resolve will weaken little by little, no?

It's happened before, it will happen again. My hope is that these atheists will feel let down enough, to actually look into a real faith. IMO, the only real faith left now, is Islam. Insha-Allah, they will find the way...

... granted, it will be a minority, but every revert who comes from an atheist background is an asset to the ummah. Especially in this day and age... the reasons why, are obvious.

Scimi

Ramadan90
02-29-2012, 03:55 PM

and it shows with your consistent trolling!
No comment.

So you admit that you're ingratiating yourself?

I am ingratiating with what Allah and the prophet(PBUH) said. Do not backbite people. Are you backbiting people? I let you judge for yourself.

They do in both grammar and content-- go back and re-read!
Your original post displays your dismay with his actions, second posts displays your dismay with those who have pointed out his actions. That goes beyond inconsistency to frank hypocrisy--although we were trying to be polite by choosing a more palatable word to highlight the fact of the matter!
Neither is it yours, least of which to comment on someone else's comments or are you too good to be true?

English is not my first language. As far as I am concerned I stated that he will have his fun here which is compatibly with what Islam says, that non muslims will have their fun here and will eventually go back to Allah and be judged. And Islam says also you should not backbite both non-muslims and muslims. If you think that there is a contradiction and hypocrisy in my opnions then clearly your opnions are not inconsistens with Islam.

Is this your inner child speaking?

No comment.

Is it all? you keep popping like Waldo with everyone's best efforts to ignore you, you seem to be under the impression that it is a weakness on everyone's part!

No comment.

Thanks I am.. this has been great fun indeed!

Well, that is good. isnt it?;D

best,

CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Some actually follow a moral code - hard as that is to believe, I have witnessed it with my own eyes.
Simply false. Which moral code do they follow? That of Genghiz Khan's army? That of Hitler? That of evolution? Which one?

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 04:04 PM
A moral code is something that someone picks up a little by little, thru influence bro CosmicPathos. Those influences vary - dependant on the path ones life takes them thru.

This is easy for me to understand... I mean, we know that there will be many people who are good in this world who will not enter Jannah. Simply having a good moral code of conduct does not guarantee someone heaven. We both know this.

Also, if moral code does not exist within atheists at all, then why is it that Allah chooses to give some of these atheists hidaya to accept Islam? Allah must have seen some good in them, some potential...

Scimi

جوري
02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
khyrkoum fi el jahalya khyrkoum fi il'Islam..

Abu Bakr (RA) hated to drink before he was Muslim, he hated to be intoxicated and lose control of his senses and he was the same with Islam Umar Ibn ilkhtaab was always firm and with a particular disposition and it was one of his great asset in Islam, same with khalid ibn ilwaleed and many others.. I know we tend to think of kaffirs as unmoving cedar trees but sob7an Allah, who would have thought that Umar ibn ilkhtaab would convert from his people back then?

جوري
02-29-2012, 04:10 PM
A moral code is something that someone picks up a little by little
I'd go so far to say it is innate and either refined through direction and religion or completely lost through decadence and atheism..

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 04:16 PM
watch form 8:16... here is a scientist who didn't believe in religion, yet found the proof of Islam in the Quran...

CosmicPathos, you wrote "Simply false"... can you prove it?

Scimi

~Zaria~
02-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Assalamu-alaikum,

It saddens me to see fellow muslims try to justify that, which we are clearly warned against by Allah (subhanawatála) and His messenger (sallahu alaihi wasalam).

Please inform me which part of the following article is necessary for muslims to be informed of?

Perhaps read it again, and tell me what differentiates us from sleazy tabloids and gossip-columns??

Again, I will ask: Is this the way a MUSLIM conducts himself - by even entertaining the PRIVATE affairs of others - be they muslim or non-muslim.

Stephen Hawking may be confined to a wheelchair, but that doesn't seem to keep him from making the rounds. The celebrated astrophysicist is a regular at a sex club in California, according to media reports.
The 70-year-old, almost completely paralyzed by a neurological disorder known as motor neurone disease, frequents a San Bernadino "swinger's club" called Freedom Acres, a long-time member of the club told Radar Online.
"I have seen Stephen Hawking at the club more than a handful of times," the member told the celebrity site. "He arrives with an entourage of nurses and assistants. Last time I saw him, he was in the back 'play area' lying on a bed fully clothed with two naked women gyrating all over him."
Does Hawking really like lap dances? Not so fast, a University of Cambridge press officer told the Cambridge News.
"Lurid statements appeared on a website in America, but they are not true," Tim Holt told the paper. "This report is greatly exaggerated. He visited once a few years ago with friends while on a visit to California."
Twice divorced and the father of three, Hawking is director of research at the university's Center for Theoretical Cosmology and a well-known expert on black holes and the Big Bang. He earned worldwide fame with his 1988 best-seller "A Brief History of Time," though he made another big media bang last January when he called women "a complete mystery."
The center is "devoted to the development and testing of fundamental theories of the universe," according to its website.

And Freedom Acres? Its website calls it "one of the most dynamic and largest on premise Swinger club in the Los Angeles and Orange County with an active member list of couples and single ladies."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...139267#s592662

We are stating the facts on the news not concocting them!
My dear sister, please understand that not everything we read on-line/ or the news are facts.

If this entire article was concocted - please tell me, how would you know?
Where you there to witness it......before deciding to spread such news to the rest of us?
And in the event that this story is false - do we realise that we are partaking in slandering a person? - WHY?.....Because he is an atheist?

Perhaps we forget that he lives in an unislamic state - where each man is free to his/ her beliefs - just as a muslim is, living in such a land.
Does Islam not call for tolerance towards each other, and teaches us that there is no compulsion in religion?
Do we expect tolerance towards us, yet we are not willing to treat others the same?

And his deeds and character are indeed of relevance as they often are when one mixes science with philosophy and presents his personal conviction as if an authority to lead the masses astray -- he doesn't seem ashamed of his actions why should we be ashamed for him? Google fatwas do nothing for me in that regard or generally!
Sister, this is called justifying our actions of gheebat.
Please read my 2nd post here - referring to back-biting about non-muslims.......this is not a 'Google fatwa', but that of a very respectable scholar in this field - Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Askimam.org) - if we cannot respect the advices of even those who are far more knowledgable than us in this field, then this is truly sad.

To all here - I dont think its very difficult to understand this:

If we are speaking negatively about someone (e.g President Baashir, Ghadaffi, etc etc) - with the intention of protecting others from HARM, or to protect and defend this DEEN - then Alhamdulillah - this is our duty.

Im afraid the supposed bedroom secrets of others do not fall into this category - no matter how much we wish to justify it.

If this were so,should we perhaps start threads about the intimate lives and indiscretions of Tom Cruise (who promotes Scientology) or Oprah (who promotes everything that goes against Islam), etc. We can develop just as many reasons why this may seem justifiable....

And, i will repeat this blessed ayat:

“O you who believe!

Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins.

And spy not neither backbite one another.

Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful”
(Al-Hujuraat 49: 12)

You're welcome not to partake in this thread- I myself try to skip out on the cat and other social threads as I feel them of no relevance on an Islamic forum
Im sorry sister - this is an Islamic forum......and many here are expecting conversations to be held bearing our Quraan and Sunnah in mind.
There should be no reason, not to partake in threads if the above is respected by all, insha Allah.

Im not sure what is sadder - to see muslims engaged in heedless back-biting on an islamic forum.......or to see them trying to defend such actions.

May Allah guide us all.
Ameen

Salaam

جوري
02-29-2012, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Assalamu-alaikum,

It saddens me
Wa3lykoum aslaam wr wb

I am sorry you're sad, but as stated you don't have to partake in this thread. I don't partake in ones that I feel don't suit me!
I have nothing further on the matter that I wish to impart as everything written by myself and most other members on this thread has been sufficient to explain our position and further reading on folks during the day of the prophet even spying on those whom they considered the dajjal of their time happened so I suggest you familiarize yourself with when a particular ruling is dispensed and for what purpose!
The only thing I will comment on is that said news didn't come from the tabloids, rather the H post, so it isn't speculative it is fact which his own spokesperson confirmed.

CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 06:34 PM
CosmicPathos, you wrote "Simply false"... can you prove it?
prove what? its up to the atheists to prove that they have any morals which do not keep on changing with evolving genes and evolving neurons. mine is the default null position.

Just about 200 years ago, if I married a 14 year old woman, it would be acceptable. Today it wont. I dont call this well grounded "morality." If the atheist says that well it damages a 14 year old girl as modern science has disocvered so we have moved away from such behaviors, well that is surprising, we should have ended up with epidemic levels of 14 year old sicks in hospitals over the last 200 years! Or that 30 yos should not be getting "damaged" from pregnancies either.

and btw, ban cars already, why are my lungs being punished for the conveinence of atheist drivers?

GuestFellow
02-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Salaam,

This is his private life. It is none of our business. Since it is brought to public attention, as Muslims, we can agree that his conduct was not appropriate. Keep in mind, it must be difficult to live with his condition, so I do have sympathy for him and I'm not sure if this is true. May Allah guide him.

I would like to add, we are no position to judge anyone. If we had money, power and influence, there is a strong possibility we can find ourselves in committing haraam activities.

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos

I would like to add, we are no position to judge anyone. If we had money, power and influence, there is a strong possibility we can find ourselves in committing haraam activities.
Maaan, this is soo true... I remember what life was like when I was minted (facepalm). I'm better off skint. And am skint right now, suffering nicotine withdrawal.. not nice, but necessary. A real test of patience, a battle which I am currently losing. Gah.

prove what? its up to the atheists to prove that they have any morals which do not keep on changing with evolving genes and evolving neurons. mine is the default null position.

Just about 200 years ago, if I married a 14 year old woman, it would be acceptable. Today it wont. I dont call this well grounded "morality." If the atheist says that well it damages a 14 year old girl as modern science has disocvered so we have moved away from such behaviors, well that is surprising, we should have ended up with epidemic levels of 14 year old sicks in hospitals over the last 200 years! Or that 30 yos should not be getting "damaged" from pregnancies either.
I'm really not sure how the above pertains to morality? It's a belief, a scientific/medical belief. Morality = I will not lie because it is against my morals... etc etc...

I mean, don't get me wrong bro CosmicPathos, but the atheists can say the same about us, by your definition. For example: "You Muslims call yourself faithful but i see you in pubs drinking alcohol all the time"... is this reflective of the whole ummah? No bro, same way the atheist example of morality I gave you, is not reflective of the atheists in general - but is on an individual basis.

Please don't mind me playing advocate here, I just want to clear up a confusion using examples we are all familiar with.

and btw, ban cars already, why are my lungs being punished for the conveinence of atheist drivers?
;D that got me a giggle.

Scimi

Muezzin
02-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Imagine if one of his family members caught him, then he says, in his perfect Stephen Hawking (TM) Voice Generator:

LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN AND THE DARK MATTER BETWEEN THE STARS, THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Snowflake
02-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful” (Al-Hujuraat 49: 12)
Sister Zaria

With all due respect ukhti, the verses prohibiting backbiting are for believers against believers. I am not saying it's right to concern ourselves with the ill conduct of non muslims. But we should also take the verses in context for what they were revealed. Talking ill of someone who doesn't even believe Allah exists is not in the same category as talking about a believer.

Are you the one who will judge him when he dies? Are you his mother? No, then mind your own business and be concern about your own life.
Brother Allah <3

It's good you are fulfilling your responsibility, but that can be done without harsh and personal remarks such as 'Are you his mother? No, then mind your own business and be concern about your own life.' To me that just goes to undo any good you think you did. It just proves that none of us are better than the other. But however we are, we are whole lot better than any disbeliever on the face of the earth. So I think everyone concerned needs to stop this for the sake of Allah now as it's not something that's pleasing to Allah either.

CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm really not sure how the above pertains to morality? It's a belief, a scientific/medical belief. Morality = I will not lie because it is against my morals... etc etc...
salam.

yes its a "medical" issue but is not science the only way via which atheists claim to derive their moralities?

btw, if you are interested, 10000 years ago, there was no discrepancy between age of puberty and age of psychological maturity. The gap has only widened in the last few centuries, thanks to industrialization.

as for atheists pointing to drunkard Muslims, the matter is clear, we can always point them to our quran and say it is forbidden. So we have an unchanging moral framework to worldviews.

CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Imagine if one of his family members caught him, then he says, in his perfect Stephen Hawking (TM) Voice Generator:

LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN AND THE DARK MATTER BETWEEN THE STARS, THIS IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.
or maybe

"Never let curiosity die, and you'll find answers in my upcoming book "Stephen and the Mysterious Mistresses" about how women create themselves."

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
salam.

yes its a "medical" issue but is not science the only way via which atheists claim to derive their moralities?
Not in my experience... I know quite a few atheists, and despite them choosing not to believe in a God, they respect my Islam, and hold me in high regard because of it. If they weren't moral beings, how could they appreciate something they themselves don't adhere to? I hear atheists say things like "live and let live" and whereas I've heard some Christians say "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", you see whrere I'm going with this? Ok, i'll stop.

btw, if you are interested, 10000 years ago, there was no discrepancy between age of puberty and age of psychological maturity. The gap has only widened in the last few centuries, thanks to industrialization.
I agree with this.

as for atheists pointing to drunkard Muslims, the matter is clear, we can always point them to our quran and say it is forbidden. So we have an unchanging moral framework to worldviews.
That just sounds hypocritical and escapist to me, not to mention a mute point since they're the ones who point out that muslims do drink in pubs - surely the atheists know its forbidden for us to drink. Even if I was to quote al Quran, It doesnt change the fact that Muslims do actually drink... All I can do is say to the athiest who claims this is - "fair play, you have a point, but bad apples exist in all groups, including your own, right?".

Good apples exist too though, that's my point :statisfie

Scimi

GuestFellow
02-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Atheists do have morals. Some are pro life, others are against the death penalty, some are against war in Iraq and so on. Everyone has an idea of what is right and wrong.

CosmicPathos
02-29-2012, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Atheists do have morals. Some are pro life, others are against the death penalty, some are against war in Iraq and so on. Everyone has an idea of what is right and wrong.
of course they'd have some tid bits of "good" morals from here and there, otherwise how can they save face in the larger civil society?

My point was not that they dont have morals at all, point was whatever morals they have, they are subjective, mutable, and I cannot take their word for it, since they are as right as a psycho on a murdering rampage, in the absence of God.

for example, the most active atheist on this board you-know-who talks against Harper but at the same time he supports niqab-ban policy of Harper-govt.

Scimitar
02-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Hmm, good point.

In response to that, i would have to mention that some Muslims on other forums tend to beleive that evolution is possible, probable even - despite the fact that man descended from Adam AS....

It's just a matter of understanding something in its correct context really. Once said atheist member can understand the hypocrisy of his statement, he may decide to correct that.

I know a Muslim who did the same.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!