/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Judge who dismissed charges against a Muslim get's threats

TrueStranger
03-01-2012, 06:01 AM
The Pennsylvania judge who dismissed charges against a Muslim man for physically attacking another man who was wearing a “Zombie Muhammad” Halloween costume has temporarily been relocated due to threats and criticism of his ruling.

Mechanicsburg District Judge Mark Martin and his staff moved to the more secure Cumberland County Courthouse in Carlisle, Pa. Tuesday. Martin will not elaborate on how long he and his staff will remain there for security reasons, according to The Patriot-News.

Martin ruled that there was not enough evidence to convict Elbayomy of the harassment charge and chastised Perce for wearing the offensive attire, explaining that in Muslim countries Perce could be put to death for such an offense.

Before you start mocking someone else’s religion you may want to find out a little bit more about it,” said Martin, as he dressed Perce down from the bench. “It makes you look like a doofus
http://news.yahoo.com/zombie-muhamma...162154837.html

The Judge did the right thing. May God protect him.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
03-01-2012, 08:21 AM
May Allah guide him and his to the right Path. Ameen : )

Ramadhan
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
May Allah SWT guide the judge to the straight path. ameen.

It is disgusting that this judge receive any threat. Can you imagine if it were the muslims who threatened the judge? The news would have exploded.

aadil77
03-01-2012, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose
May Allah guide him and his to the right Path. Ameen : )
He's already a muslim convert. That's wh theres a bit of controversy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Galaxy
03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
asalaamu alaykum
Actually the judge is Lutheran. Also the reason why the guy was wearing such costume was that he thought that it's the Muslim belief that Muhammad:saws: rose up from his grave as a zombie and walked up toward heaven.

aadil77
03-01-2012, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Galaxy
asalaamu alaykum
Actually the judge is Lutheran. Also the reason why the guy was wearing such costume was that he thought that it's the Muslim belief that Muhammad:saws: rose up from his grave as a zombie and walked up toward heaven.
Judge Mark Martin - a recent Islam convert - ruled there wasn't enough evidence to convict Elbayomy of

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1nsN00Qvn

TrueStranger
03-01-2012, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Judge Mark Martin - a recent Islam convert - ruled there wasn't enough evidence to convict Elbayomy of

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1nsN00Qvn

The judge never said he was a Muslim. They just made that assumption out of completely hatred.

In actuality, I'm a Christian," Martin, a Lutheran, told The Associated Press. "Does that mean I should recuse myself in all cases that involve Christians?

Mechanicsburg District Judge Mark Martin said many of the hundreds of calls he has received in the week or so since the alleged victim posted an audiotape of the December trial online are acting on the mistaken assumption that he is Muslim.
http://news.yahoo.com/judges-dismiss...212921270.html

It is probably the crazy conservatives and their atheist cousins that are threatening the Judge.

Abz2000
03-01-2012, 03:45 PM
wow, they made it look like a vicious and violent attack! and then tried to make it look like it's a Muslim vs Christian thing when it was really atheist vs faith.
Rather than make up the Muslim Judge story, they could have said that he was not happy with the fact that the other guy mocked Christianity and he as a Christian disliked it but they decided to totally fabricate a tale.

Abz2000
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
here's the recording of the proceedings:

Ramadhan
03-01-2012, 10:55 PM
What's more disgusting is all the vile comments left at that yahoo page. I couldn't stomach them, and had to leave.

TrueStranger
03-01-2012, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
What's more disgusting is all the vile comments left at that yahoo page. I couldn't stomach them, and had to leave.
I never bother to read them. Most of them are written by idiots who get paid to sit on a computer and spread hate against Muslims.

Abz2000
03-01-2012, 11:24 PM
yes, same here, i had to close the page after the first few comments i read, it seemed quite obvious that there can't be that much ignorance out there.
and it's no "conspiracy theory" that they hire all these do-littles to type falsehood all day long.

GuestFellow
03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
If it was a physical attack, then the defendant would have been convicted. But, the charges brought forward were for harassment, and there was not enough evidence to establish that particular offence. Oh well. Hope the Judge is safe.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!