/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination, Focus & Consistency

Snowflake
03-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm struggling to finish things I've supposed to have done by now. So I was looking for tips to help me and found these great vids. They might not help everyone 100%. But they could help you get moving in the right direction. The vids didn't magically make me focus, but the the tips given are helping me to address some of the problems holding me back. So insha Allah hoping to get results soon.

P.S. If you found these vids helpful, then you can look for more in the user's video profile.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadan90
03-01-2012, 09:59 AM
1. Wake up early and start study immediately. You want to give yourself a subconscious signal to work hard that day. You want to create a sort of study momentum.

2. Dont take the wrong kind of breaks! Needing breaks are inevitability, but most of the people take stupid breaks like using facebook or watching tv which creates oppurtunities to destroy your momentum you established earlier. You do not want that. Breaks are for boosting your energy. Salah is great for this. We are lucky that salah is divided in five parts in the day.

3. The only way to to stay awake during your reading or listening to lectures is to transform your passive learning tasks into active ones. If you are reading, make sure to use reading techniques or if you are listening to lectures write down your OWN insigt instead of just write what the teacher is saying.

Good luck sister!

Al-Mufarridun
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
:sl:

I came across this video recently, and it is touching on the same subject. Insha'Allah hope it is beneficial also.

Snowflake
03-01-2012, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah<3
1. Wake up early and start study immediately. You want to give yourself a subconscious signal to work hard that day. You want to create a sort of study momentum.

2. Dont take the wrong kind of breaks! Needing breaks are inevitability, but most of the people take stupid breaks like using facebook or watching tv which creates oppurtunities to destroy your momentum you established earlier. You do not want that. Breaks are for boosting your energy. Salah is great for this. We are lucky that salah is divided in five parts in the day.

3. The only way to to stay awake during your reading or listening to lectures is to transform your passive learning tasks into active ones. If you are reading, make sure to use reading techniques or if you are listening to lectures write down your OWN insigt instead of just write what the teacher is saying.

Good luck sister!
Thanks brother. But I'm not a student. My problem is related to an online shop I've been meaning to set up. Because there's lots of differents aspects in this kind of work, everything ends up like a big tangled up mess in my head and then nothing gets done. Hope that explains the problem that's bothering me.

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun
:sl:

I came across this video recently, and it is touching on the same subject. Insha'Allah hope it is beneficial also.
Thanks brother Al-Mufarridun, the vid was helpful al hamdulillah. It's strange how the arabic word 'sofa = I will' sounds like the English word sofa - on which you don't feel like getting up from and turns people into couch potatoes/procrastinators. Very creepy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GodIsAll
03-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you all for sharing!
Sometimes, just getting started is the hardest part.

Ramadan90
03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
Thank you all for sharing!
Sometimes, just getting started is the hardest part.
Use the 5 min psychology. Force yourself to start something and say to yourself that you will do it for only 5 minutes, and you will be able to continue for a longer period.

Al-Mufarridun
03-02-2012, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dying Rose

Thanks brother Al-Mufarridun, the vid was helpful al hamdulillah. It's strange how the arabic word 'sofa = I will' sounds like the English word sofa - on which you don't feel like getting up from and turns people into couch potatoes/procrastinators. Very creepy.
It does. So I went and looked up the origin of the english word "Sofa", here is what i found at the online Merriam-Webster Dictionary;
Origin of SOFA

earlier, raised carpeted floor, from Italian sofĂ , from Turkish sofa, from Arabic ṣuffa carpet

Snowflake
03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
^Masha Allah. Thanks for sharing akhi.

It's amazing how many English' words have Arabic origins. I'm sure earth is taken from Ardh.

Salahudeen
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
If something is too big to do and over whelms you because of the size of the project, divide it up into manageable chunks and say "Ok today I'm just going to get this little bit done" then do the same every day till you've completed the massive project. For my final year report, I'm literally writing 10 lines a day, I just hope I have enough time to finish it all.

Snowflake
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
^Yeah masha Allah. That was one of the tips given in vids. Al hamdulillah, I've actually started doing things again.

Abdul-Raouf
03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Good thread... It will guide many..InshaAllah

Snowflake
03-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks brother. Insha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!