/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My students assumed I was an atheist...

GodIsAll
03-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I was in the lab last week when one of my biology students asked me if I believed in God.

"No", I said, "I know there's God"

He stated that he would have guessed I was an atheist, being a man of science and all.

I told him: "Open your eyes, man, and rejoice! I see God in the power that is gravity. I see the Infinite in magnetism, in natural selection, in the force that moves electrons around the nucleus of an atom. I see his love and presence in the four valence electrons of a carbon atom and I smile."

I happened to have a microscope set up on a whitefish embryo. I made him look into it and said: "Look at that cell! Looking at a cell in metaphase is akin to staring into the eye of creation. It is beautiful and glorious!"

Just thought I'd share....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
03-01-2012, 03:49 PM
:salamext:

People judge a book by its cover. Be close to Muslims outside lesson times, inshaa'Allah it'll help clear things up.

IbnAbdulHakim
03-01-2012, 08:12 PM
do you have any idea how badly you just made me want to see a cell in metaphase.

:(

Ghazalah
03-01-2012, 09:44 PM
How much I hate biology... :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
03-01-2012, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
do you have any idea how badly you just made me want to see a cell in metaphase.

:(
Attachment 4676

I don't know what I'm looking at, but it sure does looks interesting ;D

MightyFeathers
05-21-2012, 04:54 AM
It is sad when people assume if you are scientist or science teacher that you are an atheist isn't it? That just shows the assumptions people make, that God and science don't go hand in hand, when in fact they do. :statisfie

~ Sabr ~
05-21-2012, 05:02 AM
So what religion are you GodIsAll?

BadOlPuttyTat
05-21-2012, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haafizah
So what religion are you GodIsAll?
"God is all" that is a Hindu quote. He is a Pantheist judging by that username :p. Its common in "free spirit" movements. I am sort of a religious nut, as i have studied on so many religions. :statisfie

glo
05-21-2012, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I was in the lab last week when one of my biology students asked me if I believed in God.

"No", I said, "I know there's God"

He stated that he would have guessed I was an atheist, being a man of science and all.
There is a new trend emerging of scientists who believe in God to stand up and speak about their faith.

Some militant atheists try hard to send out the message that to believe in God one has to be gullible and unable to think rationally/scientifically. So it's especially important for believing scientists to speak out and undo that myth!

GodIsAll
05-21-2012, 06:15 PM
I was unaware that "GodIsAll" had anything to do with Hinduism.

What religion do I adhere to? None...but I follow God's will with love in my heart.

Peace, harmony, wisdom and love to all...always.

sur
05-21-2012, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GodIsAll
I was in the lab last week when one of my biology ....
Might be somewhat on topic so I thought I share...
=
"Entropy" in physics means "measure of disorder in a system".

For a "closed" system Entropy-change is ALWAYS positive. i.e. unless some external force forces system towards state of orderliness, everything goes from state of order towards disorder. In creation of universe that external force was The Creator. Laws of Physics state that Entropy of universe is always increasing. "Spontaneous" evolution goes against this law!!! Only a "controlled" evolution would satisfy law of Entropy change. Who was the controller?

For DNA to have evolved upwards, from primitive to advanced, through trillions of trillions of living-species, without someone causing it to happen, is against law of Entropy. Because "disorder" of universe is supposed to increase continually, unless external force(CREATOR) moves it towards "orderliness".

A "spontaneous" mutation does NOT lead to improved DNA forms, it's ONLY "controlled" mutations e.g. in a lab, that leads to formation of improved DNA. Spontaneous changes are either damaging or lethal to species, e.g. cancers.

SPONTANEOUS changes in DNA could NOT have caused improved species,,, ONLY intelligently controlled manipulation of DNA could have caused such.

If someone says that light energy was the external influence that provided energy for evolution, then Light or heat energy too is damaging to DNA, that's why we use UV-protection when going out in the sun. DNA could not have evolved unless The CREATOR caused it to happen.

sur
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
From minutes 2:50+ this surgeon is also talking of Entropy change ...
=

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!