/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when sheep are shepherded by wolves

جوري
03-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I have an excellent PDF book by a sheikh who was imprisoned in Egypt for the greater part of his life, he in fact died last week and in a monumental effort many people have been trying to publish the books he wrote while incarcerated falsely for being a Muslim. The first book I am almost done reading is called when Sheep are shepherded by wolves in reference to:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "While a man was riding a cow, it turned towards him and said, 'I have not been created for this purpose (i.e. carrying), I have been created for sloughing." The Prophet added, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar believe in the story." The Prophet went on, "A wolf caught a sheep, and when the shepherd chased it, the wolf said, 'Who will be its guard on the day of wild beasts, when there will be no shepherd for it except me?' "After narrating it, the Prophet said, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar too believe it." Abu Salama (a sub-narrator) said, "Abu Bakr and 'Umar were not present then." (It has been written that a wolf also spoke to one of the companions of the Prophet near Medina as narrated in Fatah-al-Bari: Narrated Unais bin 'Amr: Ahban bin Aus said, "I was amongst my sheep. Suddenly a wolf caught a sheep and I shouted at it. The wolf sat on its tail and addressed me, saying, 'Who will look after it (i.e. the sheep) when you will be busy and not able to look after it? Do you forbid me the provision which Allah has provided me?' " Ahban added, "I clapped my hands and said, 'By Allah, I have never seen anything more curious and wonderful than this!' On that the wolf said, 'There is something (more curious) and wonderful than this; that is, Allah's Apostle in those palm trees, inviting people to Allah (i.e. Islam).' "Unais bin 'Amr further said, "Then Ahban went to Allah's Apostle and informed him what happened and embraced Islam.)" palm trees or other trees and share the fruits with me."

Now, there's three problems with this most excellent book, one it is in Arabic nonetheless I'd still like those members who are interested to try reading it or those who know Arabic would obviously benefit greatly insha'Allah, and the second problem is that when I try cutting & pasting it the letters come out bizarre so I can't even do that and the third is trying to upload as an attachment doesn't work as it appears to be bigger than maximum allowed for this forum..
So what would you suggest? I'd hate for such useful knowledge to not get past me and the few others who happen upon it..
If I can send it to a Mod here or if someone would tell me a method to convert it or upload it, I'd be most grateful..

Jazakoum Allah khyran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
:sl:

I've read about this talking wolf story before, somewhere else. I forget where, though.

جوري
03-01-2012, 06:53 PM
The book is more to do with the governance of the devil and his spawn over those who enable him and the war he waged against mankind since the creation of Adam... It is intriguing and eye opening..

Who Am I?
03-01-2012, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
The book is more to do with the governance of the devil and his spawn over those who enable him and the war he waged against mankind since the creation of Adam... It is intriguing and eye opening..
That does sound interesting, actually. I know that both the Bible and the Qur'an talk about spiritual warfare, and how we must be aware of our enemy so that we can be more prepared to fight him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
03-01-2012, 07:01 PM
It is really interesting and I badly desire to share it.. I am almost done with it myself... I am on the chapter on the prophet Solomon and the books he buried out of anger which people used after his death saying that they're teaching from Allah when they're following naught by the devil:

Sahih International
And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew.

anyhow I'll wait and see if someone can help me upload or convert it insha'Allah..

:w:

Ghazalah
03-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Vale-Who is the Shaykh? Was it the one you made a thread on recently? I'd be interested in the book inshAllah.

Did you hear about Ibrahim Al-Faki? He was like Pyschologist with Islamic twist. Died a couple of months ago, burned. SubhanAllah, he was a top top dude, honestly. May Allah swt have mercy on his soul. Ameen. Snippet of him for those who don't know...

Couldn't find a short vid with English translation, apologies. His accent is top notch too :statisfie

جوري
03-01-2012, 09:52 PM
yes I heard of him too la 7wala wla qiwta illa billah.. Allah yer7amo insha'Allah..
if you'd like to PM me your email I'll send it to you as an attachment insha'Allah it is by sheikh rifa3 siroor .. yes I wrote a little bit of an excerpt about it on the shytaan thread...

Ghazalah
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
If anyone wants do download the PDF file they can do so from this link inshAllah..

http://www.4shared.com/office/Rp7xPo3y/________________________.html?

Let me know if you have any problems downloading... :D

جوري
03-01-2012, 11:22 PM
^^ Jazaki Allah kul khyer sis..
enjoy------------:p
and now if we can get a translator :hiding: pls. don't ask me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!