/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have made your pilgrimage to Mecca? Share your experiences!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
02-29-2012, 10:12 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barahkaatuh

Please share your Hajj and Umrah experiences here inshaa'Allaah..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
03-01-2012, 01:42 AM
My most memorable moment of Hajj 2010 was on the 12th of Dhul-Hijjah at the time of... Asr prayer when a rare thunderstorm came in the Saudi desert. I was praying in Masjid al-Haram at the time and I distinctly remember thinking this rain was symbolic that Hajj is a means of cleansing one's sins. What I enjoyed most was being able to offer prayer with Muslims from all over the world within sight of the Ka’ba. When I first became a Muslim I had psychological difficulty in being the only Caucasian Muslim in the mosque, but during Hajj I felt completely welcome and at peace with my fellow Hajjis. I felt like I was one of the colors of the rainbow and that I was exactly where I belonged.

Ramadhan
03-01-2012, 03:55 AM
I experienced so much blessings during my umra trip in 2009 that was beyond any rational explanations. That was the most mindblowing 2 weeks I ever had in my entire life. Alhamdulillah. Please make du'a so I can go for hajj soon InshaAllah.

Here's some pics that I took:

Jabal Rahmah

Taking meeqat in this masjid, Can't remember the name of it:

Masjid Quba:

That's my aunt in white "mukena" looking back, and my mum next to her carrying a bag, we were walking to masjid nabawwi for shalah ashar from our hotel:

Alhamdulillah I was often able to offer shalah so close to ka'bah.

After shalah jum'at at masjid nabawwi

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-01-2012, 01:31 PM
^masha'Allaah, looks absolutely amazing with the sunshine.

You are both in my du'aas. may Allaah grant you both and the ummah success in both dunya and the akhirah, with happiness Aameen.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr, I wonder how it feels standing near or even infront of the ka'bah, it must feel extremely blessed!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
I wonder how it feels standing near or even infront of the ka'bah, it must feel extremely blessed!
My umra trip was in april, not long after umrah visas were re-opened, so relatively speaking there were fewer people (although still in the tens and hundreds of thousands), and there were times when I had the opportunity to pray shalah in the first row, my head literally almost bumped into the marble(?) stone that ringed kabah whenever I went for sujood.

But the best feeling was this one time when I was doing tawaf. I suddenly remembered all my past sins and mistakes etc, and I asked forgiveness from my Rabb, I was crying full on and my heart melted and suddenly I felt very light. The tawaf area was so crowded at that time and you couldn't move anywhere but follow the flow movement, however, I felt very light and very spacious as if I was the only one there, but not only that, I felt as if I was a planet circling a sun, and I was a star circling the centre of a galaxy. It went on like this until I finished my tawaf. The feeling was indescribable.

GodIsAll
03-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I'd love to hear about some experiences!

Haya emaan
03-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Assalam o alaikum

Hajj and umrah experiences are actually the feelings that cant be truly expressed in words..

It is from Allah that whom he calls to his house..
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah, i dont even remember how many times i have been there but each time the first sight of Ka'ba fastens my heart beats and i feel like i m standing in front of Real Power, creator of all the creations.

the best thing i liked the most was sitting in the open prayer area near the Ka'ba for hours specially at night times; after isha or tahajjud prayers when there are fewer people. i used to keep looking at the Ka'ba and think of my self, my life, crying , praying, praying for my self, for every one i know, thinking of my Rub.. and any thing i can do to make the of most of these few beautiful hours.. they were indeed beautiful moments for me, sitting on the white marble floor, an empty handed young women with the trust that today she will get what ever she will ask for..

moving bare footed, with all the people in one direction, in tawaf washes out all the false pride we have in our heads. towards the end of each tawaf usually i had pain in my heels (may be its due to moving fast on hard flooring) but every time soon after taking very little rest i started wanting to do tawaf again.. and the desire to do it again and again never ends until you are there.. and after returning i specially miss doing tawaf..

when i m there i feel my self very cool and calm with a peace of heart and mind i can get no where

last year on my way back, it was mid of July, hot desert all around with only road we were moving, some thoughts clicked my mind, i looked out of the window closed my eyes and started imagining myself on a camel instead of seat of a car, my luggage hanged with me, and the animal moving slowly and steadily but Oh my God! that scorching sun would have burnt me. we cant even imagine it while people back in history and our beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to travel like that. So much comfort lovers we are and how easy our lives are. still we are so ungrateful.

Predator
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
^masha'Allaah, looks absolutely amazing with the sunshine.

You are both in my du'aas. may Allaah grant you both and the ummah success in both dunya and the akhirah, with happiness Aameen.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr, I wonder how it feels standing near or even infront of the ka'bah, it must feel extremely blessed!
Oh , yes it does feel great and blessed . Usually in every visit to Haram, My dad and myself we make dua while crying for half and hour atleast on that golden door after praying 2 rakah nafil after Tawaf

In the Prophet(PBUH), i felt a special attraction to the riazul jannah area when praying there like i simply didnt want to leave and want to stay on there . My relatives also felt the same way and as i leave the city I get memories flashing in my head and I start missing the place and making me want to come back there.

Tilmeez
03-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Thread Approve and Moved to General Section as:
a. Its a general topic
b. Posts will appear directly without waiting for moderation.

Back to topic.

I never been there but I'm sure and I pray one day I will go there, Inshallah.

Haya emaan
03-01-2012, 08:53 PM
aren't we having the similar topic here.. ^o)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...periences.html

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-01-2012, 09:10 PM
As'Salaamy Alaaykum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barahkaatuh

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
however, I felt very light and very spacious as if I was the only one there, but not only that, I felt as if I was a planet circling a sun, and I was a star circling the centre of a galaxy. It went on like this until I finished my tawaf. The feeling was indescribable.
subhaan'Allaah! sounds amazing! I have read something about the benefits of doing tawaf..like doing tawaf in the anti-clockwise or clockwise direction (no sure which unfortunately), but there is some benefit, maybe also how the planets rotate..I hope someone can shed some light if that makes any sense..

format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
last year on my way back, it was mid of July, hot desert all around with only road we were moving, some thoughts clicked my mind, i looked out of the window closed my eyes and started imagining myself on a camel instead of seat of a car, my luggage hanged with me, and the animal moving slowly and steadily but Oh my God! that scorching sun would have burnt me. we cant even imagine it while people back in history and our beloved prophet Muhammad (PBUH) used to travel like that. So much comfort lovers we are and how easy our lives are. still we are so ungrateful.
Yeah I completely agree, were living lives like living in palaces, but yet we are not grateful enough. For every food or every little or big thing we have is such a great blessing, and it's true that we will never be able to count the blessings of Allaah SWT.

Subhaan'Allaah

format_quote Originally Posted by Predator
In the Prophet(PBUH), i felt a special attraction to the riazul jannah area when praying there like i simply didnt want to leave and want to stay on there . My relatives also felt the same way and as i leave the city I get memories flashing in my head and I start missing the place and making me want to come back there.
It looks really nice masha'Allaah! Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing.

I've heard that it automatically changes your feelings once you've reached the city. Also there is a place in one of the holy cities, not sure how true it is, but if someone was to pour water on a hill going downwards the water would go upwards, same with cars and maybe other things. Anyone heard of that?

Scimitar
03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Seeing kaaba for the first time, breaking a fast in raidhul jannah, praying 2 rakah nafl in the mimbar spot in radhul jannah, kissing the hajar aswad, climbing jabal noor to get to ghare hira, oh maaan... everything was perfect....and a lot more. But...

But seeing the kaaba for the first time? (pause 1 minute) I'm speechless.

Here's us getting water from the well of shifaa:

Scimi

Predator
03-02-2012, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
aren't we having the similar topic here.. ^o)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...periences.html
Yeah better have this merged with that one

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-19-2012, 08:22 PM
AsSalaamu Alaaykum

This is amazing especially close up masha'Allaah..

جوري
03-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Been wanting to make pilgrimage with intentions for three years now, and haven't been able to :( I am the only person in my family who didn't have that privilege unfortunately ... very Jealous of you people here =( and I am not the jealous sort but I feel really sad now..imsad

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-19-2012, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
Been wanting to make pilgrimage with intentions for three years now, and haven't been able to :( I am the only person in my family who didn't have that privilege unfortunately ... very Jealous of you people here =( and I am not the jealous sort but I feel really sad now..imsad
awww sis

I also haven't had the opportunity to perform either, so totally understand how you feel. inshaa'Allaah one day.

Akram Fakir
03-20-2012, 04:12 AM
I didn't but i want to

Akram Fakir
03-20-2012, 04:16 AM
The Kaba atruct me from my childhood.I want to see the Holly Kaba before death.
And before my death i would try the best to establish Islam and peace

Amat Allah
03-20-2012, 05:05 AM
ya Rabb you will and all muslims too Ameen

Endymion
03-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Never :'( but yes,once in a dream i almost get there.I saw this dream 3 months before and you remind me of it once again imsad

This is what i saw.
I and my family went to Makkah and we stayed in the hotel.I asked my mother to take me to Masjid Al-Haram so i can perform Umrah (as she went there before for Hajj) and i told her that we have been here for 2 weeks but we haven't perform Umrah yet and she advice me to save my energy for Hajj which will start in a few days.I was sad and in my heart i said that she always stop me thinking i would get tired but just let me know how to get there and then,i'll go there myself.We were about to leave for Masjid al Haram when my mother woke me up imsad
I told her that i was about to perform Umrah and you made the worst thing by waking me up,and she truly felt sorry for me :cry:

Sigh... and i can see that almost all of you have been there.Just me left :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!