/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pope benedict XVI wants to see 1500 year old bible

Predator
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
A recently re-discovered secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.

Pope Benedict XVI is said to want to see the 1,500-year-old book, which many say is the Gospel of Barnabas, that has been hidden by the Turkish state for the last 12 years.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-show/slide-show-1-in-this-1500-yr-old-bible-jesus-predicts-coming-of-prophet/20120301.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
03-02-2012, 04:03 AM
I have a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas in English. Christians believe it is a forgery. The text that you refer to is in Aramaic, the language apparently spoken by Jesus.

Aprender
03-02-2012, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I have a copy of the Gospel of Barnabas in English. Christians believe it is a forgery.
I heard that too. I also heard that the Gospel of Barbabas also had some errors in it that don't exactly go with the Islamic concepts completely but I haven't read all of it.

MustafaMc
03-02-2012, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aprender
I heard that too. I also heard that the Gospel of Barbabas also had some errors in it that don't exactly go with the Islamic concepts completely but I haven't read all of it.
Yes, there are inconsistencies with Islam in the Gospel of Barnabas. There is also the possibility of alterations in the original text, but it is still a highly interesting book. I believe that the book is probably closer to what Jesus' disciples would have written, but also that there could have been significant 'tweaks' by Muslims or Christian converts to Islam during the earliest stages of Islamic expansion.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Predator
03-02-2012, 08:21 PM
The most interesting part of that book is that It says Judas was transformed to look like Jesus as shown in this film at 1:12:00 and was crucified in place of Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7yqAucoHQ

Allah says nothing of that sort in the quran and he just said

4:157 . But it was made to appear to them so

Crystal
03-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Why are Turkey hiding it?

جوري
03-02-2012, 09:52 PM
It was actually stolen and they recovered it from the thieves..

Chocolate
03-02-2012, 09:56 PM
i got this in my mail some time back

March 1, 2012 - Yusuf Estes speaks out regarding so-called "Ancient Bible" proving Muhammad is Messiah - found in Turkey, etc., etc. . .
Bismillah Rahman Raheem, innal-Hamdulillah Rabbil Alameen, was-salata was-salama ala Rasool al-Kareem. Allahu 'Alim. What we find in the limited verses disclosed in the media, there is no doubt in my mind, this is fabrication - aimed at discrediting Islam and Muslims.
The plan seems to be, to have Muslims get all excited about this, promote on Facebook and the chatrooms, only to have some "expert" come along and prove the whole thing was a fake. This tears down the true dawah of Islam, makes Muslims look foolish and turns our own youth even further away from the deen of Allah.
Let me give only a brief summary of the findings we have collected and verified so far, inshallah:

To begin, notice the claim "Messiah" shall be called Mohammed (peace be upon him)?
This is a problem.
Quran clearly tells us JESUS IS THE MESSIAH (meaning 'annointed', translated into Koine Greek as 'Christos' and to English as "Christ"). Muhammad, peace be upon him, is called by Allah in the Quran, 'Rasool' (messenger) not Messiah.
Next point - It says, "Mohammed is his blessed name.."
Again, this contradicts the Quran. Clearly in surah As-Saff, chapter 61, verse 6, Allah says, that Jesus, peace be upon him, said "Huwa ismahu Ahmad" (His name will be AHMAD) Not Mohammad.
This is a different form of his name, and one that we all agree is one of his names.
However it is incorrect - because Allah did not say Jesus used the name 'Mohammad'.
Allah said, Jesus used the word 'Ahmad'.
Next point, "Jesus DENIED being the Messiah"??
All Muslims know, Jesus, peace be upon him, was and is - the Messiah (Annointed) of Allah.
That is what he is called in the Quran.
Another point, "..claiming that he or she"??
Since when did any of the accepted scriptures contain this type of reference to a prophet or messener of Allah? (never).
The 'Messiah' of the Old Testament was referred to as a male being born of a virgin (maiden) in Hebrew and the word was masculine - not feminine.
So how could the prophecies of the Old Testament, prophecy of New Testament and the fulfillment of prophecy in the Last Testament (Quran), all be wrong regarding the gender of the 'Messiah'?
Didn't the translator know the Arabic, Hebrew, Aramaic languages all have the same capability as Spanish and Italian to indicate within the noun itself what the gender is of the person?
True, in certain Germanic or European languages like English do you need to say, "he or she".
So again, there is no question of the gender of the 'Messiah'.
Just this one verse alone, clearly indicates someone played with scripture, as it would never contain such obvious contradictions.
This book cannot be seriously considered as anything more than another discovery of ancient rubbish.

Predator
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
A "waste of paper" according to yusuf estes

Galaxy
03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
:sl:
What if the Gospel was distorted over time so that some parts contradict the Quran? Or it can be fake but Allah knows best.

Samiun
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM

Crystal
03-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I think Turkey should just show it they have had it in hiding for a long time.

True-blue
03-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't expect much from it!

Danah
03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I have an English translation of the gospel of Barnabas and read most of it. It has "some" interesting things that is common with Islam.

جوري
03-03-2012, 07:06 PM
No country is under any obligation to share its treasures with any other country nor even have relations with them. Yes no country is under any obligation to have 'friendly' or 'business' relationship with others. They've recovered something old from thieves and it made the news. What or how the Vatican feels about that is utterly inconsequential.
I remember before how German 'experts' invited themselves to the Yemeni fragments and got creative about the 1/5 of the Quran that is meaningless to us Muslims.. I am still at a loss to which 1/5 is that.
Why have kaffir hands examining our stuff and loaning their 'expertise' under some sort of religious/political/economic/intellectual threat?
They're happy worshiping a middle eastern man as a most fundamental tenet of their religion then let em..

True-blue
03-04-2012, 12:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
I remember before how German 'experts' invited themselves to the Yemeni fragments and got creative about the 1/5 of the Quran that is meaningless to us Muslims.. I am still at a loss to which 1/5 is that.
Exactly. This so annoying when Non-Muslims define Islam based on their ideas and want us to be convinced with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!