/* */

PDA

View Full Version : have a question about the Sharia and punishing Adultery/Homosexuality/Zina ?

truthseeker63
03-02-2012, 02:42 AM
I have a question about the Sharia and punishing Adultery/Homosexuality/Zina my question is I have talked to Muslims who have told me that the Hadith says to keep sins secret therefor my question can a person who commited Adultery repent or not be punished in this life if the person doesn't confess and there are not Four Witnessess I was raised a Christian therefor I know stoning to death for Adultery is in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Moses

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
03-02-2012, 04:26 AM
yes, that person was telling you the truth.

Hamza Asadullah
03-02-2012, 04:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
I have a question about the Sharia and punishing Adultery/Homosexuality/Zina my question is I have talked to Muslims who have told me that the Hadith says to keep sins secret therefor my question can a person who commited Adultery repent or not be punished in this life if the person doesn't confess and there are not Four Witnessess I was raised a Christian therefor I know stoning to death for Adultery is in the Bible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Moses
:sl:

Yes my brother sins should be kept secret and Allah forgives all sins if a person repents sincerely with remorse with firm resolve never to repeat it. Allah may also forgive any sin of a person who did not repent and died except for shirk (attributing partners to Allah).

And Allah knows best in all matters

CuriousonTruth
02-21-2019, 05:42 AM
What are the parameters of hiding one's sin? Would you really hide someone committing Adultery? Ridiculous. If something so damaging to society is happening it is best to expose and destroy it before it spreads.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
02-21-2019, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
What are the parameters of hiding one's sin? Would you really hide someone committing Adultery? Ridiculous. If something so damaging to society is happening it is best to expose and destroy it before it spreads.
Please do not pull things out of context now. İt is true that as a Muslim we should keep other persons sins secret. This however does not mean you have look the other way and stay passive...
Of course you should take appropiate actions or at least make that person clear that what he is doing is not OK.

CuriousonTruth
02-22-2019, 03:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Please do not pull things out of context now. İt is true that as a Muslim we should keep other persons sins secret. This however does not mean you have look the other way and stay passive...
Of course you should take appropiate actions or at least make that person clear that what he is doing is not OK.
You mean if I see adultery or homosexual activity, I should just offer "advise" and "warning".

Oh hell no. I would report immediately to the authority because adultery and homosexuality are worse than heroine. And I would question the morality of a person who wouldn't turn over such criminals to the authority.

I can overlook many things but there's a redline. Adultery is something that destroys families. The people who do it are soulless creatures who are beyond help.

Ümit
02-22-2019, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by CuriousonTruth
You mean if I see adultery or homosexual activity, I should just offer "advise" and "warning".

Oh hell no. I would report immediately to the authority because adultery and homosexuality are worse than heroine. And I would question the morality of a person who wouldn't turn over such criminals to the authority.

I can overlook many things but there's a redline. Adultery is something that destroys families. The people who do it are soulless creatures who are beyond help.
Report to the authority is good...nothing wrong with that...so you should totally do that...because then appropiate actions are being taken to avoid the sin.

İ totally agree with you on that. What you should not do is to pass the secret to someone who also will stay passive about it. That falls under gossip.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!