/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs thread

Darth Ultor
03-02-2012, 02:32 PM
What jobs have you considered throughout your life and as of now, what do you see yourself doing? Not talking minimum wage if you have one but a type of job you go to college and earn a degree for. And if you already have one, what is it?

When I was a kid, I dreamed of being first a football player and then a dentist. When I was a teenager, I was juggling between high school history teacher and prison guard. As a young adult, I considered being an MRI Tech, a psychologist, or a guidance counselor. Once I reached my twenties, that is started college, I was sure I wanted a criminal justice job. For a very long time, I wanted to be a parole or probation officer and I'm still strongly considering it but after starting forensics, I'm now also considering crime scene photography.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
03-02-2012, 05:43 PM
when i was young like ten i wanted to be either hairdresser or makeup artist..then when i was in secondary school i wanted to be nursery nurse i did one course in college in child develpment but realised wasnt for me and got some retail job and been there for seven years but nw i realised i want to go into heath social care im going back to college..and i cant wait!

aadil77
03-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally wanted to become an investment banker, didn't cause of all the usury involved.

Recently aim was to become a formula one engineer, but after more research I've learned that you have to work like a dog due to the immense pressure - job contracts aren't permanent only 1 year long so if you cock up they'll just replace you.

Aprender
03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
When I was a child I dreamed of becoming a veterinarian. Then when I took biology class and couldn't handle the sight of blood coming out of anything that went down the drain.

I wanted to be an analyst for an intelligence agency but after I read about the job and saw some of the things that I might have had to do that went down the drain. I thought of running for public office for a while and that comes back every now and then but I don't know about that around here. Thought about becoming a police officer or working in some type of law enforcement but that probably isn't the best route for me to take right now. And before I used to want to be a professional athlete, wanted to run in the Olympics for team USA as a kid but I lost too many races.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sis muslimah
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
since i can remember i always wanted to be a doctor :) but i decided against that now and planning to go into teaching instead (primary skool) or a nursery teacher. planning to do an apprenticeship on nursery assistant and do a degree in chemistry online inshallah :)

Haya emaan
03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
i want to be in teaching (specially at nursery school) .. but my studies seems taking me towards some interior designing or related stuff..
lets see if i will get chance to do a job after i complete my degree or i will have to stay at home like most of us have to in my community..:hmm:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I hope you young ones get all you want, hopefully it is of benefit to you inshaa'Allaah

peace

GuestFellow
03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I wanted to become a Solicitor. I managed to get a job as a Paralegal, but my firm closed down. Now I'm working in accounts and working towards qualifying as an Accounting Technician, hopefully. Then I'll try to qualify as an Accountant and also work as a Costs Draftsman.

I will also be studying towards Wills, Probate and Taxation.

It's so boring...

True-blue
03-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I wanted to become a cricket player at my childhood, then Engineer, Now want to be a doctor.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!