/* */

PDA

View Full Version : American soldier says PTSD Is Wars Biggest Killer

ILuvAllah
03-04-2012, 04:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0ys...eature=related

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/pages/...th-effects.asp

I was not aware of this fact, soldiers dying from ptsd. I first heard about it from this lecture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL52ImmXJWM (watch it)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MustafaMc
03-04-2012, 04:22 AM
People find it hard to believe, but American soldiers are human, too. War does bad things to both the victims and perpetrators of violence. I have a book, "On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society." I have not read the book yet, but I am sure that what a soldier does and witnesses in war is tough on his psyche.

Abz2000
03-04-2012, 05:10 AM
many of them knowingly went into an illegal, immoral and unjust murderous war, but it's sad that some of them really thought they were going to defend their country and got duped into lying wars and it hit their conscience.
and some were even murdered after rejecting the lies told by their government and speaking out against it.
research pat tillman murdered, if they were able to kill such a high profile celebrity who rejected the illegal wars, think what is happening to others.

TrueStranger
03-04-2012, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
many of them knowingly went into an illegal, immoral and unjust murderous war, but it's sad that some of them really thought they were going to defend their country and got duped into lying wars and it hit their conscience.
and some were even murdered after rejecting the lies told by their government and speaking out against it.
research pat tilman murdered, if they were able to kill such a high profile celebrity who rejected the illegal wars, think what is happening to others.
That is so true. There are a lot of soldiers that are against both wars. Veterans against the Iraq and Afghanistan war continue to speak out. But they are mostly ignored.Te same way 9/11 truth seekers are ignored.

The same percentage of Americans who thought Saddam had WMD in 2003, now believe that Iran is building nuclear weapons. The media is powerful, and Western media corporations have monopolized the news industry

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SyrianFellow
03-04-2012, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
The media is powerful, and Western media corporations have monopolized the news industry
This is also very true. The media has been so powerful that it has come to a point to where people are conditioned by it. People against the media aren't heard, but for the people who support it, they are on the front page of all newsletters.

جوري
03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
People find it hard to believe, but American soldiers are human, too. War does bad things to both the victims and perpetrators of violence. I have a book, "On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society." I have not read the book yet, but I am sure that what a soldier does and witnesses in war is tough on his psyche.

An-Nisa [4:104]

وَلاَ تَهِنُواْ فِي ابْتِغَاء الْقَوْمِ إِن تَكُونُواْ تَأْلَمُونَ فَإِنَّهُمْ يَأْلَمُونَ كَمَا تَأْلَمونَ وَتَرْجُونَ مِنَ اللّهِ مَا لاَ يَرْجُونَ وَكَانَ اللّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

Wala tahinoo fee ibtighai alqawmi in takoonoo talamoona fainnahum yalamoona kama talamoona watarjoona mina Allahi ma la yarjoona wakana Allahu AAaleeman hakeeman
4:104 And slacken not in following up the enemy: If ye are suffering hardships, they are suffering similar hardships; but ye have Hope from Allah, while they have none. And Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom.

MustafaMc
03-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Assalamu alaikum, sister, that was an appropriate verse.

It is hard to imagine what goes on in the mind of soldiers, but I believe that there are relatively few hardcore Rambo-type soldiers with the mentality of "nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark". My son's best friend joined the National Guard as a means for college, but little does he know that the government 'has-him-by-the-balls' and that he must go to whatever situation and do whatever he is ordered. While I don't want to sympathize with them too much, I don't believe that the majority of American soldiers are inherently evil even though there are certainly more than a fair share of finger-chopping and body-urinating types who in my opinion are.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!