/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum problem on Firefox

Insaanah
03-04-2012, 10:36 AM
:sl:

I'm having problems navigating the forum using Firefox, which never used to happen before.

It's a specific problem, not affecting every single thread, but over half of the ones I try to go to.

As just one example, if I try to go to the last page of the "Why are you an Atheist" thread (i.e. pg 23), it automatically goes to page 22, and no matter what I do, I can't get to the last page (pg23). I have tried manually changing the 22 to 23 in the url in the browser address bar, but it automatically goes back to 22 when I hit enter.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...theist-22.html

From the comparative religion page, you can see who's made the last post, so when I go that member's list of posts, and click on that post to be taken to it, it still goes to the page before, and not to that post, and nor to the page it's on.

For some threads, it's taking me to two or three pages earlier than where I want to be.

This happens regardless of whether I'm logged in or out.

The only way to see those posts, is to use Internet Explorer instead, which I don't normally use, and is slower for me.

Is there a solution to this?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
True-blue
03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I am using Firefox 10.0.2. It is WORKING for me.

Insaanah
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Bump...

Another example out of many:

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...arried-33.html

For the above thread, I can't get to page 36, which it's currently on. If I click on the arrow to go the last page or post, it takes me to page 33. I can't get to pages 34, 35 or 36.

I hope someone can help. It's making the forum very difficult and unpleasant to use.

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

Sis, have you tried using another browser to access them? besides IE..maybe Opra, or chrome?

I hope someone can provide you with some help inshaa'Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
03-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Seems it's not just me: http://www.islamicboard.com/technica...-problems.html

Sometimes it's ok, but mostly I have the problem.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
Sis, have you tried using another browser to access them? besides IE..maybe Opra, or chrome?
I mentioned IE above...

format_quote Originally Posted by Ğħαrєєвαħ
I hope someone can provide you with some help inshaa'Allaah.
I hope so too. JazaakiAllah khayr sis.

White Rose
03-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I am having exactly the same problem. It happens both on IE and Firefox though I mostly use IE.
And sometimes the website doesn't open.

~Zaria~
03-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Assalamu-alaikam,

Ive recently changed to Firefox, and Im expierencing the same problem as well.
For the pages that I cannot view - I now go to the 'Go Advanced' link to post a message, and I view the previous messages that appear at the bottom of the page.

Its also worth saving your message before you hit 'preview thread' or 'submit thread' - Ive lost many posts, as very often I am directed to a Firefox 'Denied Access' page. : (

Hope there is a solution to this, insha Allah.

:wa:

White Rose
03-19-2012, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
I now go to the 'Go Advanced' link to post a message, and I view the previous messages that appear at the bottom of the page.
And I thought I was the only one who was doing that ;D

marwen
05-05-2012, 08:31 AM
this happens frequently recently.

when I experience this problem I restart my browser, but sometimes this doesn't solve the problem so I visit the thread some hours later. After a while it's solved, may be because others posts are written in that page and made it "unlocked".

But sometimes I write an incorrect post and when I want to quickly edit it, I can't access the page.

what's exactly wrong ? And how can I solve this ?

Insaanah
05-05-2012, 09:11 AM

A few of us have this problem:

http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...m-firefox.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...ml#post1514517

I think they may be looking into it inshaa'Allah...

AabiruSabeel
05-05-2012, 05:14 PM

Please check whether the problem is resolved or not. Forum thread information has been rebuilt.

~ Sabr ~
05-05-2012, 06:10 PM
:salamext:

^ Not working. I can only view page 26 of this thread with firefox.

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-humour/134298279-foto-jokes-26.html

Insaanah
05-05-2012, 09:04 PM
:wa:

Seems to be ok for me today alhamdulillah, normally by this time I would have had the problem, but so far haven't.

TrueStranger
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
My firefox is playing games with me too. The Islamicboard page won't load at all sometimes. I just went back to safari.

Abz2000
05-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I have similar issues sometimes with most browsers, only one that doesn't have issues is opera,
But I can't post anything on iPhone with opera, still, at least it let's me read.
Opera is also more of a privacy friendly browser that doesn't hold on to your details like the others, internet explored, chrome, etc hold peoples data for ages. And google is the worst culprit it seems, I still end up facing to use it sometimes though.

Sothis Girl
05-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Bro, this happened to me too. 8 out of 10 attempts, the browser always say "error, cannot find server" when typing islamicboard.com. that's why I very seldom visit IB, although I love it here :heated:

جوري
05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
I am having the same problem too. On the jailed woman thread, I am redirected to page 8. I can't even see the reply I composed or that of other beyond that page.

BadOlPuttyTat
05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I am forced to use Opera on my computer and I am having issues with this forums server. It is a hit or miss thing I have to keep going back and try to make it int he forum

~ Sabr ~
06-06-2012, 09:54 AM
:salamext:

This is still happening in some threads....e.g. my facebook banners thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!