/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus || Muslim Version || Spoken Word || Response

'Abd-al Latif
03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
:salamext:

Came across this video. Let me know what you guys think!

A poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. This is not an attack upon Christians, so please don't take this as offensive, it's just a means of education and let people know what Jesus was truly sent with. Jesus is a Prophet of Islam, yet a God of Christianity. In Islam God is all Powerful, But in Christianity God was overpowered and crucified on the cross, how can the Almighty God be overpowered, these are just examples for people to think about, we are not forcing you to believe, just ponder and question. The Quran is the final testament, Muhammad is the final Messenger. Islam is the final religion, so no I dont Hate Islam. One God, One God only, He does not beget nor was he begotten, He is the GREATEST. And has no partners. (Holy Quran Ch 112)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam Wa Rahmatullaag Wa Barahkaatuh ..

It is amazing how he got his message across.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing.

SorayaCali
03-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Ive seen the original vid. I'm confused, isn't Christianity a religion?

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SorayaCali
It is lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
03-06-2012, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SorayaCali
:sl:

There is a difference between being a believer and being religious.

I'm talking about those who follow the rules and regulations of organized religion, but forget what is important. They go to church because that's a rule, but they forget to respect their fellow man, because there's no rule about that. They sing hymns and pray because that's a rule, but they're dishonest at work, because there's no rule about that. They tithe every Sunday because that's a rule, but they don't help out their brother in need, because there's no rule about that. They think that they can do whatever they want, because "they've accepted Jesus so they're going to heaven."

I went to church and to school for many years with people like this, and it's one reason that I was (and still am) against organized religion. I don't believe in blindly following "the rules" to the point where that's more important that my belief in God and my respect for humanity.

Sunnie Ameena
03-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I really liked the video. I need to share my feelings. I was born, raised and baptisted Catholic. I started struggling with my faith about a year and a half ago. I tried to find all I could about Islam. After reading many things, I felt really strong about becoming Muslin. So in August on my birthday last year, I said my Shahada. I felt really good. Then I started struggling with my faith again. I felt as though that since I was raised Christian, that it was hard to let it go. Sorta like a habit. I have been searching for help every since. So this morning as usual I was thinking about it, and was wondering who to turn to for advice. I logged into Islamic board, and the first thread I opened was this one. It was like an answer to a prayer. It turned out to be just what I needed. Whoever found it, thank you and thank you for sharing. Allah new what I needed and provided it. Peace, Sunnie

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
I really liked the video. I need to share my feelings. I was born, raised and baptisted Catholic. I started struggling with my faith about a year and a half ago. I tried to find all I could about Islam. After reading many things, I felt really strong about becoming Muslin. So in August on my birthday last year, I said my Shahada. I felt really good. Then I started struggling with my faith again. I felt as though that since I was raised Christian, that it was hard to let it go. Sorta like a habit. I have been searching for help every since. So this morning as usual I was thinking about it, and was wondering who to turn to for advice. I logged into Islamic board, and the first thread I opened was this one. It was like an answer to a prayer. It turned out to be just what I needed. Whoever found it, thank you and thank you for sharing. Allah new what I needed and provided it. Peace, Sunnie
:D

Whomsoever Allah loves, He puts him to a trial.

(Allâh said) "O Zakariyya (Zachariah)! Verily, We give you the glad tidings of a son, Whose name will be Yahya (John). We have given that name to none before (him)."

He said: "My Lord! How can I have a son, when my wife is barren, and I have reached the extreme old age?"

He said: "So (it will be). Your Lord said, 'It is easy for Me. Certainly I have created you before, when you had been nothing!'"
(Qur'an 19:6-9)

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
:salamext:

Here is the video mentioned in the first post.

Coincidence? I think not. The only thing that was burned was the statue itself. Below are images of mosques after the tsunami that hit India in 2004, a natural disaster that was far more distructive and devestating than a small fire. Coincidence? I think now!

Everything gone, wiped out as though it never existed, you can't even see the walls or any hint of foundation of buildings at most places – except for the places where Allah's name is always mentioned!

Who Am I?
03-06-2012, 07:00 PM
This is very similar to my own story. I too was raised in a Christian home and accepted Jesus at an early age. We went to church every Sunday and I was educated in Christian schools. I did this because my parents did, and so I thought it was what I was supposed to do.

Once I got out of high school and began to see the real world though my own eyes, I realized that I had not been prepared for it. I questioned many things about my own faith, and even became atheist for a time. Eventually I came back around to the existence of God, but I didn't know any more than that. I began to search for answers, and this search was what led me to Islam.

Then last year around Ramadan, I began to struggle with Islam. I quit for a few months because I couldn't handle all of the rules and regulations. I tried to change too much at one time and I couldn't handle it. I got frustrated, then angry, and then I just didn't care anymore. I went my own way and fell back on old habits.

Eventually I realized that I couldn't do things on my own, so now I'm back to Islam. I am changing things in my life, but doing it slowly and taking my own time with it. I realize that I don't have to change everything overnight. Some brothers and sisters might not consider me "hardcore" enough, but I'm not living my life for them. I live my life for Allah.

Aprender
03-06-2012, 07:06 PM
The one that they have in Brazil was also struck by lightning.

Silent Peace
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Here is the video mentioned in the first post.
Subhan'Allah

Sunnie Ameena
03-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Who am I?
I don't know how to put your stuff here like you did mine, but wanted to say, that I absolutely feel the same. Especially the last 4 sentences. Thank you for sharing and letting me know that I am not alone.

Who Am I?
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Who am I?
I don't know how to put your stuff here like you did mine, but wanted to say, that I absolutely feel the same. Especially the last 4 sentences. Thank you for sharing and letting me know that I am not alone.
If you hit the "Reply with Quote" button on the post you want to quote, it will automatically copy that post and paste it into your reply.

Anyway, this is something that I feel strongly about. It should be enough for Allah and enough for my brothers and sisters that I believe in Him. I don't think He really cares about rules and regulations. Even the Qur'an says that those who pray, and those who ask for guidance, are among the best of believers, not those who follow every rule.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
03-06-2012, 09:23 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
Anyway, this is something that I feel strongly about. It should be enough for Allah and enough for my brothers and sisters that I believe in Him. I don't think He really cares about rules and regulations. Even the Qur'an says that those who pray, and those who ask for guidance, are among the best of believers, not those who follow eve
It is truly for nobody to judge one, but most certainly it is the duty of one to correct the other with the best of manners. Alongside, faith does come actions/deeds, but done only for himself, and for the pleasure of Allaah, but a deed must be done with full contentment, sincerety etc.

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested."

In regards, to not following every rule, ultimately Islam is a complete way life, so one would be adviced to follow at his own pace and not all at once like you have stated in one of your previous posts. Every rule is prescribed, because it is prescribed by our lord for our own good, and it is pleasing to Allaah. Yes, it is difficult to follow everything at once, so it's better not to over-burden oneself, but by the will of Allaah the allmighty, it becomes easy. By this i'm not saying that we will ever be perfect, but we should strive to do Whatever is within our abilities. for the pleasure of Allaah!

Ultimately, if we Love Allaah, we would follow the way of the prophet (may the peace and blessings of the allmighty be unto him). As Allaah SWT tells his beloved messenger..

'Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to mankind): "If you (really) love Allah then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur'an and the Sunnah), Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

And surely I believe there is success in pleasing Allaah Subhaanahu wa t'ala.

If i'm incorrect in any way. have misunderstood you, please correct me, inshaa'Allaah..

'Abd-al Latif
03-06-2012, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Who Am I?
If you hit the "Reply with Quote" button on the post you want to quote, it will automatically copy that post and paste it into your reply.

Anyway, this is something that I feel strongly about. It should be enough for Allah and enough for my brothers and sisters that I believe in Him. I don't think He really cares about rules and regulations. Even the Qur'an says that those who pray, and those who ask for guidance, are among the best of believers, not those who follow every rule.
Islam isn't just the prayer and guidance isn't just being guided by Allah to pray; the best of believers are those who follow every rule. All of Islam that we follow is not for in Allah in the sense that we benefit Him, but it is to glorify His name and remember Him. Worship of Allah is for us to benefit from and to be purified through. No one benefits from worship than the Muslim who does it. In this sense, we cannot say that what we do 'it is enough for Allah', rather we say what Allah said in the Qur'an: "And if you would count the favours of Allâh, never could you be able to count them." (Quran 16:18), so in this sense, what we do for Allah will never be enough compared to what He has already done – and will always do – for us. This verse however should never make a Muslim feel hopeless, but it should humble one before the One who nurtures, nourishes and takes care of him at all times so we can submit to Him.

You should know that belief in Allah is three folds: belief of the heart, testimony of the tongue and action of the limbs. Anything less than this is not true and complete belief in Allah. And this combined with the verses of Qur'an where Allah mentions numerous times "..those who believe and do righteous deeds..." is proof that seeking knowledge, then implementing it through action is a fundamental part of belief and that belief of the heart and righteous actions is one and the same thing and one cannot stay while the other is missing.

Now having said all of this, Allah says in the Qur'an in surah Al Baqarah (chapter 2) "...Allah wishes for you easy, He does not intend for you any difficulty." And yet in another verse, despite all the laws, rules and regulations revealed that we must follow, Allah says "...We do not wish to burden you with limits and conditions and restrictions...". Here we will find the answer and harmony between these two verse when we see the goals of all the intended laws, rules and regulations; they are to make all the affairs of our life easy for us, to purify our heart and illuminate it with light, grant our hearts peace, serenity and comfort, and to transform us to be better people. This is of the goals of the Islamic law, it's rules and regulations.

Now after saying all of this, I would hate to know that you are doing actions to please Muslims or anyone else for that matter. The creation will never be able to reward you and it is befitting that everything a Muslim does is for Allah alone and to expect reward only from Him. You should, in fact you must, perform all acts of worship for Allah alone. But if another Muslim informs you of something mentioned in the Qur'an and Sunnah you should try your best to act upon it. A new rule that you learn is meant to make your life easy, this is of the goals of the Islamic Law. And all of what I have mentioned encompasses sincerity i.e. for Allah alone.

Don't overburden yourself but take things one step at a time and keep constantly doing all of what you are able to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!